RATINGS: 3660   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.97   IBU: 77   EST. CALORIES: 207   ABV: 6.9%
Bottle and keg: Filtered
Launched: August 1997
Hops: Magnum, Chinook & Centennial
By definition, an India Pale Ale is hoppier and higher in alcohol than its little brother, pale ale-and we deliver in spades. Now one of the most well respected and best-selling IPAs in the country, this golden beauty explodes with citrusy flavor and hop aromas, all perfectly balanced by a subtle malt character. This crisp, extra hoppy brew is hugely refreshing on a hot day, but will always deliver no matter when you choose to drink it.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
antzman (316) - Clarksville, Indiana, USA - OCT 13, 2005
22 oz bomber. Pours a golden orange with a thin white head, and plenty of carbonated bubbles rising through the glass. Aroma is pleasant and very fruity. A very smooth citrus flavor with a great balance of hops. Unlike a lot of IPAs this one does not overpower with hops. Very drinkable.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
JohnnyFlake (53) - Henderson, Nevada, USA - OCT 13, 2005
12 oz bottle. Pours a clear orange with gold tones and a short, 1/2" head. The head disapates quickly but leaves a tiny amount of lacing. The aroma is pure citrus, ruby red grapfruit with nuances of orange and lemon. The flavor is mostly citrus fruit, kind of bitter with a touch sweetness. The hops are definetly up front but there are hints of malt now and then, especially after it warms up a bit. Mouthfeel seems off to me, not very rich or full but pleasant. The finish is dry, very dry, with a strong grapfruit after taste. This is a well crafted beer but not one of my favorite styles.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
Gorbalev (3000) - Ontario, CANADA - OCT 11, 2005
Bottle shared with HogTownHarry, GregClow & blankboy -- courtesy of HogTownHarry. Golden orange, frothy white head. Strong pine like hops. Taste is a balanced bitter, but dare I say subdued and Stone in the same sentence. Medium mouthfeel. Nothing more than a solid balanced bitter IPA, with no hint of its alcohol - nice stuff!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
timmy300 (203) - bloomington, Illinois, USA - OCT 11, 2005
a good ipa.....definately for hop heads.....itís hard to walk past this one in the beer store ..........

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Sam10 (37) - Olympia, Washington, USA - OCT 9, 2005
I really like the beers this company puts out. I tried an IPA before and did not like it. But I gave these guys a shot. I still donít like IPAís. Just not for me taste like I am chewing on a flower. Although this is better than the other I tasted, just not for me.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
blankboy (6657) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - OCT 7, 2005
Bottle shared with HogTownHarry, GregClow & tupalev -- courtesy of HogTownHarry. Ah, good olí Stone, you canít go wrong with these guys. Pours a clear amber with a small foamy white head. Awesome aroma of fresh floral hops. Delicious flavour of fresh citrus hops with enough malt to make the taste very well balanced. Excellent and what most IPAís should strive for. If I could I would always have this in my fridge.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
Tybalt (212) - Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA - OCT 5, 2005
UPDATED: JUL 8, 2006 If you really like hops, there probably isnít another beer you should be drinking. It has a very crisp and distinct flavor. The first time I tried it, I wasnít sure it was for me...now...I canít quite get enough.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
oh6gdx (23130) - Vasa, FINLAND - OCT 3, 2005
Bottled. Orange golden colour, mediumsized white head. Fruity hoppy flavour and aroma. Wellbalanced flavour, which also has some malts and caramel in it.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
TBone (14610) - Pori, FINLAND - OCT 3, 2005
Hazy golden color, small white head. Flowery (trefoil) hoppy nose (no suprises here). Flowery with good malt profile, sweetish aftertaste. Well-balanced and enjoyable.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
pilsnerrogge (2657) - FinspŚng, SWEDEN - OCT 3, 2005
Amber coloured. Nice head. Hoppy aroma. Clean hop bitterness with notes of raisins. Nice one.