overall

RATINGS: 3461   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.97   EST. CALORIES: 207   ABV: 6.9%
Look up "hops" in the dictionary and you’ll see a picture of Stone IPA! "Dry-hopped" for an extra two weeks, this unique process gives our IPA its bountiful hop aroma and rich hop flavor. A full 70+ IBUs (International Bitterness Units) creates this beer’s crisp and refreshing bitter character.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
jonas (5643) - Garching b. München, GERMANY - OCT 27, 2004
Bottle Grassy and piney hop aroma. Amber, low carbonation, lowish head. Hop base, malt still detectable, but the balance is evident. Medium to light body, sparkly mouthfeel. Bitterhop aftertaste.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
beerandsteak (12) - Syracuse, New York, USA - OCT 25, 2004
Dark, golden, pours with a nice head. Viciously good. One of the most satisfying IPA’s I’ve head yet. The bitterness makes this beer. Stone does another great job of punishing the palate with an excellent beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
bclasen (17) - USA - OCT 24, 2004
Nice golden body - great, creamy head, long lasting. Nice hoppy flavor - with a bit of sweetnest with the bitter. I’m an east coast guy and on a trip to LA I finally tastaed one - now I know what the hype is about. Great smell - I could live off of this one. However, does it beat my local favorite, Dogfish Head 60? Hmmm, I’d love to get to the bottom of that question, unfortunately I probably won’t get a change to put the two next to each other soon.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Rentalman (103) - British Columbia, CANADA - OCT 24, 2004
(Draft) Golden amber color with a nice white head. Flowery citrus Hop aroma with a bit grainy sweetness. Wow there is a beautiful hops explosion that is fantastically aromatic and citrus that mellows to a bitterness on the finish. Delicious

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
beaconstreet (811) - Washington DC, USA - OCT 20, 2004
Tight head and froth. Gorgeous. Tiny bubbles that just sit in the brew act like a scrim--have never seen anything like that. Orange-red color. Floral aroma. Easily one of my favorite IPAs. Loved its purity claims and entertaining definitions on the bottle. Love the Californian Gargoyle on the bottle. (I was in a NYC deli and saw this as a single bottle in another random six-pack. I brought this and three other high-end beers to the counter. The new clerk asked is boss.. how much for this such and such cider? "Ah um," says the busy manager, "$1.75". The clerk rings up each bottle as $1.75. I pay my seven dollars and RUN.)

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
Odeed (1776) - Bakersfield, California, USA - OCT 20, 2004
murky golden/orange color with an average head.smells of oranges and flowers.the taste is hops and a bit of grapefruit.very much like the ruination but a bit smoother.this is a very nice ipa.especially at 3.10 for a duce duce.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
verymerrymonk (413) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - OCT 20, 2004
Pours a beautiful dark orange with a big, light tan had. Big floral hop aroma. Taste is of hoppy bitterness, which lingers, but this is balanced enough to be very refreshing. A treat that is readily available and reasonably priced.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Jeppe (2631) - Ølbutikken, DENMARK - OCT 19, 2004
Orange golden beer, thick foamy off-white head. Nice bitter hoppy and flowery aroma. Mild and fresh with toffee tones in the background. Hops is dominating in the flavor that has a nice sweet middle. Very well balanced bitterness. A soft and smooth beer that I could drink again and again......

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
MayorQuimby (100) - Santa Barbara, California, USA - OCT 17, 2004
Bottle. Hoppy, floral aroma, very pleasant. Golden color, white head. Lots of hops, nice and bitter, and plenty satisfying, but just enough malt flavor to offset the hops, making it very drinkable. More hops in the aftertaste, and I want an IPA to remind me what it tasted like well after the fact. I think the extra hops and alcohol in the Ruination makes this beer’s big brother the better of the two, but this beer is every bit as good. I could drink this every day for the rest of my life and be completely satisfied, I thank my local supermarket for being well stocked with bombers of this.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Dixen (1465) - Flagstaff, Arizona, USA - OCT 15, 2004
Loads of hops in the aroma, pines, citrus, and some malts in the background. Yellow/golden body, with a medium creamy white head. Very bitter flavor, good hop flavor, citrus, earthy. A very nice ipa. And very extreme...