overall

RATINGS: 3646   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.97   IBU: 77   EST. CALORIES: 207   ABV: 6.9%
Bottle and keg: Filtered
Launched: August 1997
Hops: Magnum, Chinook & Centennial
By definition, an India Pale Ale is hoppier and higher in alcohol than its little brother, pale ale-and we deliver in spades. Now one of the most well respected and best-selling IPAs in the country, this golden beauty explodes with citrusy flavor and hop aromas, all perfectly balanced by a subtle malt character. This crisp, extra hoppy brew is hugely refreshing on a hot day, but will always deliver no matter when you choose to drink it.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
BeerRules (243) - Houston, Texas, USA - JUN 8, 2005
Nice golden color with a white head. Smells lively, fruity, of citrus zest, and hops galore. Taste is obviously hoppy, also spicy and a bit of grain on the bitter finish. Nice cripsy mouthfeel. Actually I didnt like this one too much, but its a well made beer, and lovers of the style should try it.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
1FastSTi (3344) - Glendale, Wisconsin, USA - JUN 8, 2005
Poured from a 12 oz bottle. It pours to a huge thick, fully lasting rocky white head with excellent lacing atop a golden body. The aroma is oranges and is very hoppy. Kinda piney under all those oranges. Light malt hides there too. Odd hints of ketchup linger below this. The flavor is pretty good. Not as good as Ruination, but still good. Oranges, sweet caramel malts, light pine hints. The palate is crisp and refreshing with a medium/light creamy mouthfeel. This is worth trying. :)

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
mephisto (1275) - TAIWAN - JUN 6, 2005
bottled, amber color w/ off white head. rich hoppy nose mixed w/ orange and hops. full bodied, hoppy as expected. bitter aftertaste.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
diederic (1) - CANADA - JUN 4, 2005 does not count
Bitter, bitter. Just past my bitter limit, I stress just. I knew going in that this should be expected. Good flavour and aroma. Still a very good beer. I would like to try this with different food to get a better sense of the beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
puzzl (3257) - New York, New York, USA - MAY 30, 2005
UPDATED: OCT 23, 2005 Very bitter, citrusy finish (that’s why we’re drinkin’ it, right?). Subtle, lightly carbonated palete. Thin white head, copper to yellow gradient body. Very bitter. Wait, did I already say that? Maybe I shouldn’t be drinking this with this sweet food.

Rerate: Not nearly as bitter as when I foolishly at ate with very sweet food, though I’m gonna keep the rating the same. Taste was very hoppy, bitter, yes, and pretty good at that, though nothing fabulous. I probably overrated last time whereas this time was spot on: balanced taste, balanced aroma, though nothing great (9+), so this will stick with a 3.8

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
JFURYCAT (1079) - East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 29, 2005
I bought the bottle from HalfTime beverage but realize its easily available at most beer outlets in my area. It had a flowery aroma that wasn’t too imposing. The hops are definately there but aren’t excessive. It had a moderate to dry finish. Its a solid beer to me with a fresh crisp taste but it doesn’t seem out of the ordinary-just a good IPA with an awesome mouthfeel to it.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
paul9639 (116) - New Hampshire, USA - MAY 26, 2005
Spectacular beer. Pours copper, with a thin head. The aroma is of citrus and hops, with a hint of flowers. The flavor is the perfect combination of hops. Bravo. I liked this better than the Ruination, and its available in a six pack.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
MolsonMan (58) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 25, 2005
Pours a copper color. With almost no head. The beer itself, has a nice cirtus kick and is very hoppy. Very tasty and enjoyable beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
achtungpv (237) - Austin, Texas, USA - MAY 21, 2005
Copper colored, strong hops aroma and an even stronger hops taste. very bitter and crisp but without a lingering aftertaste. THis and Lagunitas are definitely my top two IPAs.

darkstar (69) - Eureka, Missouri, USA - MAY 15, 2005
Received courtesy of my friend Sal Paradise from hawkeyenation.com This is heaven. Perfect IPA. Two Hearted Ale is the best I can get around here, but this is better. Floral scent. Grapefruit and pine. Wish I could get this all the time here in St. Louis.