overall

RATINGS: 3435   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.97   EST. CALORIES: 207   ABV: 6.9%
Look up "hops" in the dictionary and you’ll see a picture of Stone IPA! "Dry-hopped" for an extra two weeks, this unique process gives our IPA its bountiful hop aroma and rich hop flavor. A full 70+ IBUs (International Bitterness Units) creates this beer’s crisp and refreshing bitter character.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
roder60 (1283) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 7, 2004
UPDATED: JUN 22, 2005 Best IPA i’ve ever had. The aroma just blows you away. Citrisy lime and grapefruit scents. Taste is smooth with a lasting hoppy/citris flavor. Can’t believe this beer has 6.9% alcohol. You don’t taste it at all! Great beer!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
crzybob77 (530) - Richmond, Virginia, USA - APR 7, 2004
I am a big fan of IPAs and this is definitly among the best, if not the best everall. The commercial description says it perfectly by saying crisp and refreshing bitter character. The sweet hints also further enhance the beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
wulfhere (217) - Billings, Montana, USA - APR 6, 2004
Bottle. Nice golden/orange hue, massive creamy head that left more lace on my glass than ANY beer I've ever had! Amazing structure! Nose is fresh, cascade hops forward and lots of them, I don't get much maltiness here. Essence of grass, lime, pine resin, peach. Mouthfeel is smooth and full, some maltiness, but the hops are acidic and over-the-top, drowning out the maltiness in a sea op hops. I guess it's medium sweet, but the hops and their acidic tartness throw the balance to the dry side, leaving a bit of tongue-bite as though I'd been smoking a pipe to long. Fresh hops flavor, clean sharp finish. Very drinkable for an IPA, and I wouldn't call myself a hophead really. Nice.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
warrior (213) - Mt. Wolf, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 4, 2004
Great grassy hop aroma dominates but there is some malt at the end. Poured with a white full head, clear yellow in color. Good hop bitterness but it has a balance of some malt sweetness in the finish. As the flavor fades the finish gets dry and bitter. This is a good overall IPA there wasn't the crystal malt flavor that I have seen in other IPA's. I still like the DFH 60 min more but this is also a good IPA that I would drink again.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
rajendra82 (947) - Alpharetta, Georgia, USA - APR 2, 2004
Pale golden body with a massive beige head that refused to die due to nice natural carbonation. Aroma is floral, grassy, piney hops with an infusion of yeasty bready malt. The taste is a wonderland of hops with spicy-hot pine resin like quality to the beginning of each sip. Following that first assault by the hops, there are additional waves of grapefruit rinds, black pepper, marigold, and orange blossom. The malt adds a butterscotch like sweetness to the mix, and the yeast adds a grittyness to the mouthfeel. This is one of the absolute great IPAs anywhere. I thank 123456green for the bomber, and look forward to the day when I can get this at my local store.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Chupa LaHomebrew (12) - Gahanna, Ohio, USA - APR 2, 2004
Another score for stone brewing company. This heavily hopped american IPA is a beauty. Copper/bronze and clear with vivacoius bubbles and average head with a gorgeous hop aroma. As an IPA lover and hophead I appreciate the somewhat overtly hopped nature of the beer. It is certainly a little out of balance in favor of the hops though. The malt is just there like a backdrop, a canvas for Lee Chase's bitter palate of warrior, centennial, and whatever else he has hiding in there. I could buy a six-pack of this and drink two a night after work and be happy.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
1more4dessert (329) - Upstate, New York, USA - APR 2, 2004
very nice speciman, not a world beater, floral nose, moderate citrus, good astringent finish, maybe it is a world beater but it will be a while before I get another chance to sample - too bad

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
lowner (19) - astoria, New York, USA - MAR 30, 2004
Smooth, perfectly floral, a beautiful color, and tasty beyond belief. The perfect IPA.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
daalamar (405) - new albany, Indiana, USA - MAR 30, 2004
There is something special about this beer! I can't put my finger on what it is but I really want to quaff this one. There is a sort of sweet-tart flavor there that teases you to tip it back and finish it. Looks fairly standard with a medium white head and an orange/yellow color. Aroma is outstanding with truckloads of citris and flowery hop, almost pollen like. Flavor is undescribable with citris and flowers, sweet malt just tickling your senses. Yes this will be a regular for me from here on out.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
ross (2075) - weddington, North Carolina, USA - MAR 29, 2004
smells AWESOME. hops, citrus, spicy, a wonderful aroma. pours out a light brown color with a small white head. still cant get over the smell of this. now the taste- oh my god. this is great. this is the best IPA i have ever drank this is awesome. hops hops hops, spicy with a dry aftertaste that goes down so smoooth. if you have never had this, go find one and drink it. had this rating posted, and thought i would add a comment- this would work as something i could slam down until i was unaware of my real name. this is so good.