RATINGS: 3675   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.97/5   IBU: 77   EST. CALORIES: 207   ABV: 6.9%
Bottle and keg: Filtered
Launched: August 1997
Hops: Magnum, Chinook & Centennial
By definition, an India Pale Ale is hoppier and higher in alcohol than its little brother, pale ale-and we deliver in spades. Now one of the most well respected and best-selling IPAs in the country, this golden beauty explodes with citrusy flavor and hop aromas, all perfectly balanced by a subtle malt character. This crisp, extra hoppy brew is hugely refreshing on a hot day, but will always deliver no matter when you choose to drink it.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
ghett0yeti (29) - Chandler, Arizona, USA - APR 7, 2005
This is great. It hurts me to say but, Ale Smith is slightly better, but this is fantastic.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
DougShoemaker (3147) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - APR 6, 2005
Full orange hops aroma, with pine and malt. Orange/amber, pours a large, rocky, custard head, leaves some lace. Big orange flavoured hops at first, well placed malt and some piney hops in the aftertaste. Well balanced, full bodied, sticky, chewy, resiny, wonderfully bitter, everything an IPA should be! Sensational!!! Thank You Very Much rudolf!!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Texans0743 (5) - Sugar Land, Texas, USA - APR 6, 2005 does not count
Oh yeah.. this is one hoppy beer. Cool and refreshing the whole time. Not much of a bite though, which I love. The aftertaste is bittersweet, rich with hops. Itís almost a perfumy taste at the very end. Very unusual, but good. Not something I would drink too much of in one sitting, a little too rich for my blood.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
hayduke (4123) - Eureka, California, USA - APR 5, 2005
22 oz bottle. I am am an IPA fanatic, and have waited quite a while to get my hands on a bottle of this stuff, and finally found a bottle in Nevada City, CA. I donít have a bottle of Lagunitas Maximus or Lost Coast Indica (my two favorites) to compare this to, but here goes anyway. Pours a nice copper color, with good slighltly off-white head. Nice clean malts with killer hops is what I taste. Smooth on the tongue, and with a great overall flavor and balance. This I think sets the standard for an IPA. The overall feeling is perfect balance. I may have trouble getting this brew in Eureka, so I may have to settle for the aforementioned wannabees, but this is the best of breed in my opinion. I will ask my local COOP to import it.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
lordwunjo (46) - California, USA - APR 4, 2005
HOPS!! This beer is full of it, the flavor of the hops is almost overwhelming, but very tasty. Donít drink too much or youíll be sorry!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
ericmc83 (207) - Arkansas, USA - APR 3, 2005
Hops galore! What can I say that hasnít already been said about this? It was a great IPA...I canít think of one that Iíve had that is better, honestly. Next in line would be Pyramid IPA, but itís hard to beat this one. If youíre a hophead then you have to give this brew a try.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
can8ianben (1423) - State College, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 3, 2005
A nice white head on top of a great golden copper colour. Spend some time taking in the hoppy-sweet aroma that comes off the pour. It has a sweet almost maple taste which blends itself well with the strong bitter hop flavour and rich malty background. This is a beer to be enjoyed!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Tejas (945) - Dallas, Texas, USA - APR 2, 2005
UPDATED: SEP 30, 2007 Love the puffy lasting white head. Maltier flavor than I was expecting, still well balanced though. Drinkable and smooth. Great every day drinker for the hop head. Certainly a respectable IPA but not worthy of a 99, imo.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
neocon (34) - Gold Canyon, Arizona, USA - APR 1, 2005
Hops Hops Hops. Lots of aroma and well mantained flavor. Nice amber color with great lacing. Youíre gonna like this one.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
RAYBOY01 (2012) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAR 26, 2005
Bitter hops dominate this beer in almost every catagory. I like a better balance of malt/hops in general. This balance between sweet and bitter is one of the basic ingredients in the delicate interplay or complexity in a fine beer. This comes up a little short in my judgement on most levels...However...I still enjoyed the hell out of this stuff and would certainly try it again, and I look forward to trying this brewerís other offerings.