overall

RATINGS: 3476   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.97   EST. CALORIES: 207   ABV: 6.9%
Look up "hops" in the dictionary and you’ll see a picture of Stone IPA! "Dry-hopped" for an extra two weeks, this unique process gives our IPA its bountiful hop aroma and rich hop flavor. A full 70+ IBUs (International Bitterness Units) creates this beer’s crisp and refreshing bitter character.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
harlequinn (2744) - Tacoma, Washington, USA - JUL 2, 2003
Incredible aroma, creamy, frothy head, and a very big hoppy flavor, that was extrememly enjoyable. I will be honest I expected a little more from this IPA, but I have no major complaints. I was more entertained watching the head dissapate and the designs in the lacing too think about too much else. I am a bit of a hophead so this was a really good experience overall.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
AustinMilbarge (681) - Denver, Colorado, USA - JUN 30, 2003
Rocky, white head. No visible carbonation. Sweet aroma of grapefruit and PNW hops. Hazy, medium golden color. Very bitter, however not a 90 Minute IPA, and I presume certainly not a 120 Min. IPA, I guess I'll have to drink that first. Grapefruit. Light on the tongue. If you like lots of hops, you will like this.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
haddon90 (1470) - Denver, Colorado, USA - JUN 29, 2003
UPDATED: JUL 10, 2003 Poured a nice amber color with a good white head. Lots of hops and a very good flavor. A nice lingering aftertaste. I heard so much about this and I'm not disappointed. The best IPA I've had.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
BückDich (5464) - McCall, Idaho, USA - JUN 29, 2003
UPDATED: MAR 18, 2004 Clear amber color with big head and tremendous lacing. Aroma is hops, very floral, tons of dry hopping in this one. Flavor is strong and overpowering of hops with a citrus moutfeel. über-bitter and dry. I love the flavors in this IPA, just can't get enough. delicious.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
shotgun1431 (127) - franklin furnace, Ohio, USA - JUN 26, 2003
Beautiful rich golden color. Nice white head. nice hop aroma. Not sure I like the aftertaste but a very good IPA overall.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Verne (263) - Enumclaw, Washington, USA - JUN 25, 2003
UPDATED: JUL 28, 2003 Aroma what an aroma a hop heads delight not much of an effort to balance this baby out but I like it none the less

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
rapkungen (19) - USA - JUN 25, 2003
Great IPA! Medium head. Very pronounced aroma of hop, one of the best aromas ever. Excellent balance of bitter and dry flavors. One of the best colored beers I have ever seen, only the premium Belgium beers do better.

TheBeerCollector (633) - Woodstock, Georgia, USA - JUN 23, 2003
In my humble opinion this is the IPA against which all IPA's should be measured. Crisp, clean, flavorful and refreshing it is everything an IPA should be. Hats off to the Stone Brewing Company for giving us such an outstanding ale.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
radiomgb (2262) - Peterborough, Ontario, CANADA - JUN 22, 2003
Deep bronze in colour with a fluffy white head and some great lace. Huge aroma of floral hops. Has a deep hop flavour and a fantastic hop bitterness in the finish. Thanks to CaptainCougar for sending this to me.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Kasteelfreak (341) - Fallbrook, California, USA - JUN 21, 2003
UPDATED: MAY 14, 2005 Very nice IPA. One of my favorites when I’m looking for a crisp IPA with some bitey, piney bitterness. I like the victory more for its balance and more of a malty body. It just matters what mood I’m in. Stone is cheeper than Victory so that can put me in the mood for Stone quite often. ReRate 051405: Most tastey Stone IPA I’ve ever had. Extremely fresh tasting. Aroma is like sweet wort, and hops are as fresh as can be. Taste is just about perfect right now. Perfectly balanced. Wow, I’ll be drinking this more often. Bumped up from 4.0 to 4.2.