overall

RATINGS: 3480   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.97   EST. CALORIES: 207   ABV: 6.9%
Look up "hops" in the dictionary and you’ll see a picture of Stone IPA! "Dry-hopped" for an extra two weeks, this unique process gives our IPA its bountiful hop aroma and rich hop flavor. A full 70+ IBUs (International Bitterness Units) creates this beer’s crisp and refreshing bitter character.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
vector (163) - Dallas, Texas, USA - JUL 8, 2003
My favorite pale ale. There is some subtle citrus/floral stuff in here but it is mostly just crisp, dry hops and that seems ok by me.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
adwoan99 (244) - Ft. Worth, Texas, USA - JUL 7, 2003
Two words: "HOP BOMB!" Man, this brew is hoppy! Pop the cap, and immediately the hop aroma begins it assault on your nasal passages. It pours a very nice amber, with a rather small, white head. I smell some citrus, and perhaps a floral note or two. Taste is hopaliciously bitter - it just punches the back of your throat. The only complaint I have, is that it seems to be only hops - the flavor doesn't have much character beyond that.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
kwoeltje (2232) - Manchester, Missouri, USA - JUL 6, 2003
Nice pale amber. Thick head with good lace. Aroma redolent of floral, earthy hops. Nice medium body with very crisp hops flavor. Nicely balanced by malt. Hints of butter. Excellent IPA.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
VTDeerHunter (51) - Vermont, USA - JUL 2, 2003
Beautiful clear orange witha thick white foamy head. Hoppy, fruity (almost like pineapples) nose. Medium bodied, malty witha nice hop flavor and bitterness. Very good.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
harlequinn (2744) - Tacoma, Washington, USA - JUL 2, 2003
Incredible aroma, creamy, frothy head, and a very big hoppy flavor, that was extrememly enjoyable. I will be honest I expected a little more from this IPA, but I have no major complaints. I was more entertained watching the head dissapate and the designs in the lacing too think about too much else. I am a bit of a hophead so this was a really good experience overall.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
AustinMilbarge (681) - Denver, Colorado, USA - JUN 30, 2003
Rocky, white head. No visible carbonation. Sweet aroma of grapefruit and PNW hops. Hazy, medium golden color. Very bitter, however not a 90 Minute IPA, and I presume certainly not a 120 Min. IPA, I guess I'll have to drink that first. Grapefruit. Light on the tongue. If you like lots of hops, you will like this.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
haddon90 (1472) - Denver, Colorado, USA - JUN 29, 2003
UPDATED: JUL 10, 2003 Poured a nice amber color with a good white head. Lots of hops and a very good flavor. A nice lingering aftertaste. I heard so much about this and I'm not disappointed. The best IPA I've had.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
BückDich (5464) - McCall, Idaho, USA - JUN 29, 2003
UPDATED: MAR 18, 2004 Clear amber color with big head and tremendous lacing. Aroma is hops, very floral, tons of dry hopping in this one. Flavor is strong and overpowering of hops with a citrus moutfeel. über-bitter and dry. I love the flavors in this IPA, just can't get enough. delicious.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
shotgun1431 (127) - franklin furnace, Ohio, USA - JUN 26, 2003
Beautiful rich golden color. Nice white head. nice hop aroma. Not sure I like the aftertaste but a very good IPA overall.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Verne (263) - Enumclaw, Washington, USA - JUN 25, 2003
UPDATED: JUL 28, 2003 Aroma what an aroma a hop heads delight not much of an effort to balance this baby out but I like it none the less