overall

RATINGS: 3503   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.97   EST. CALORIES: 207   ABV: 6.9%
Look up "hops" in the dictionary and you’ll see a picture of Stone IPA! "Dry-hopped" for an extra two weeks, this unique process gives our IPA its bountiful hop aroma and rich hop flavor. A full 70+ IBUs (International Bitterness Units) creates this beer’s crisp and refreshing bitter character.

Terminus (3283) - Las Cruces, New Mexico, USA - JUL 15, 2003
UPDATED: OCT 7, 2011 22oz bomber-hmm, i think this brew is somewhat of a bust. The aroma was excellent, great citrus aroma with grapefruit upfront. appearance was golden yellow, but carbonation and head were minimal. palate was nice and chewy. tons of hops, with a decient malt backbone but not as good as the malt in hopdevil. ReRate-tap-tucson beer fest ok, here is what everybody is talking about. my bottle must have been old because what i got on tap at the fest was one hell of an ipa. this may be the best one dimensional brew out there. the aroma is just this side of paradise! thanks to the guy at the Stone booth for the sticker :) This beer is pretty much all hops. This, along with Bells Two hearted are the most citrus-y brews out there (at least bottled and widely distributed). This is one i dont drink that often even though it has to be the best widely available brew in my neck of the woods (desert). Re-Rate 2011 Either my tastes are changing or this beer has taken a turn for the worse. Really catty which was common for ipa’s from this generation but now i can taste it much easier. I dropped the rating down 2/10 of a point. Two hearted is way better!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
DragonStout (1408) - Pickerington, Ohio, USA - JUL 13, 2003
Hoppy city.Nothing but hops and malt.I really don't know what else to say about it.I really didn' care for it as much as everyone else.Overall it was not terrible with a bitter finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
roacheater (43) - Alabama, USA - JUL 12, 2003
UPDATED: JUN 23, 2004 All Stone IPA variants rule, but their standard IPA is the best. Strong, complex hops are supported by a surprisingly good malt backbone throughout. Every aspect of the profile has been addressed in a masterful way. Stone's cheesy marketing campaign is completely blown away by the very high quality of this brew. One of the top IPA's of all time..... immensely excellent.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
vector (163) - Dallas, Texas, USA - JUL 8, 2003
My favorite pale ale. There is some subtle citrus/floral stuff in here but it is mostly just crisp, dry hops and that seems ok by me.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
adwoan99 (244) - Ft. Worth, Texas, USA - JUL 7, 2003
Two words: "HOP BOMB!" Man, this brew is hoppy! Pop the cap, and immediately the hop aroma begins it assault on your nasal passages. It pours a very nice amber, with a rather small, white head. I smell some citrus, and perhaps a floral note or two. Taste is hopaliciously bitter - it just punches the back of your throat. The only complaint I have, is that it seems to be only hops - the flavor doesn't have much character beyond that.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
kwoeltje (2232) - Manchester, Missouri, USA - JUL 6, 2003
Nice pale amber. Thick head with good lace. Aroma redolent of floral, earthy hops. Nice medium body with very crisp hops flavor. Nicely balanced by malt. Hints of butter. Excellent IPA.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
VTDeerHunter (51) - Vermont, USA - JUL 2, 2003
Beautiful clear orange witha thick white foamy head. Hoppy, fruity (almost like pineapples) nose. Medium bodied, malty witha nice hop flavor and bitterness. Very good.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
harlequinn (2744) - Tacoma, Washington, USA - JUL 2, 2003
Incredible aroma, creamy, frothy head, and a very big hoppy flavor, that was extrememly enjoyable. I will be honest I expected a little more from this IPA, but I have no major complaints. I was more entertained watching the head dissapate and the designs in the lacing too think about too much else. I am a bit of a hophead so this was a really good experience overall.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
AustinMilbarge (681) - Denver, Colorado, USA - JUN 30, 2003
Rocky, white head. No visible carbonation. Sweet aroma of grapefruit and PNW hops. Hazy, medium golden color. Very bitter, however not a 90 Minute IPA, and I presume certainly not a 120 Min. IPA, I guess I'll have to drink that first. Grapefruit. Light on the tongue. If you like lots of hops, you will like this.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
haddon90 (1490) - Denver, Colorado, USA - JUN 29, 2003
UPDATED: JUL 10, 2003 Poured a nice amber color with a good white head. Lots of hops and a very good flavor. A nice lingering aftertaste. I heard so much about this and I'm not disappointed. The best IPA I've had.