overall

RATINGS: 3474   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.97   EST. CALORIES: 207   ABV: 6.9%
Look up "hops" in the dictionary and you’ll see a picture of Stone IPA! "Dry-hopped" for an extra two weeks, this unique process gives our IPA its bountiful hop aroma and rich hop flavor. A full 70+ IBUs (International Bitterness Units) creates this beer’s crisp and refreshing bitter character.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Cashazza (217) - Morganville, Maryland, USA - APR 30, 2003
UPDATED: APR 20, 2004 Beautiful color. Tastes like I bit into an orange peel -- my eyes popped wide open! I'm not sure whether I like this style yet; I'll have to try it out some more, but has an awesome aroma -- a floral/citrus scent -- could serve a double function as a nice potpourri for the house.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
lunaticharness (183) - Torrance, California, USA - APR 29, 2003
CRISP! easily drinkable, you should definitely pick this up!, perfect IPA, hops hops hops hops!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Suttree (5186) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - APR 28, 2003
Finesse? From Stone? Really? Yep, This one is a great session beer, and I mean that as a compliment of the highest order. Clean and crisp, but huge, assertive hop presence. Malt is there, nicely in the background. Very Good beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
JasonG (776) - Salt Lake City, Utah, USA - APR 22, 2003
Very cloudy yellow color with a large foamy white head. Aroma has a nice floral base, a hoppy body, with citrus notes. Flavor is pretty smooth overall and rather acidic, with a slight bitterness in the finish. Palate is a little thinner than I'd like. A great IPA, maybe a slight dissapointment after all of the great things I've heard about it on this site, but still very good.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
BierBauch (784) - Cape Coral Waterfront Wonderland, Florida, USA - APR 19, 2003
Nice IPA but with the high ratings over this one I expected something more than exceptional. Has a nice marriage of malt/hop flavor and only a slight bitterness compared to most other IPA's I've had over the years. I still think the Alesmith beats this one though. I will definately drink it again, but there are many just as good as this one and better.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
BeerRunner (144) - San Diego, California, USA - APR 15, 2003
Very, very good IPA. Typical Stone hoppiness (which is awesome!) Delicious citrusy notes in it. Beautiful, creamy head, Nice mouth feel. Very refreshing after a hard run on a hot day. Not overwhelmingly strong, either.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
cb (810) - Roeland Park, Kansas, USA - APR 15, 2003
Definitely one of the best IPAs I've had. Somehow the incredible amount of IBUs don't overwhelming or lead to excessive hop burps. Lovely to look at (the picture here does justice) and the aroma is exceedingly crisp. I wish this was available in Kansas, thanks to TAR for hooking me up!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
DrGonzo (625) - Somerville, Massachusetts, USA - APR 13, 2003
On tap. Golden amber color. Beautiful floral hops, citrus aroma. Very well balanced hops, a little sweet and surprisingly not that bitter. Outstanding IPA. Up next is the ruination IPA, but I think I'll be having this quite often in the future.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
egajdzis (5365) - Spring Mount, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 8, 2003
UPDATED: APR 13, 2004 Golden color with a creamy head and nice lacing. Aroma was filled with citrusy hops, orange rind, and some grapefruit. Very hoppy, bitter, nice sweet finish. Very balanced, very good IPA, my favorite! I thought I had rated this too high, but upon revisiting, its really a top notch IPA.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
boto (1879) - Granby, Connecticut, USA - APR 7, 2003
Bottle. Darker golden color. Nice citrus/hop nose. I was expecting more hops than I could handle, but even though they are strong, the balance is excellent. A fine quaff!