overall

RATINGS: 3499   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.97   EST. CALORIES: 207   ABV: 6.9%
Look up "hops" in the dictionary and you’ll see a picture of Stone IPA! "Dry-hopped" for an extra two weeks, this unique process gives our IPA its bountiful hop aroma and rich hop flavor. A full 70+ IBUs (International Bitterness Units) creates this beer’s crisp and refreshing bitter character.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
BeerRunner (144) - San Diego, California, USA - APR 15, 2003
Very, very good IPA. Typical Stone hoppiness (which is awesome!) Delicious citrusy notes in it. Beautiful, creamy head, Nice mouth feel. Very refreshing after a hard run on a hot day. Not overwhelmingly strong, either.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
cb (810) - Roeland Park, Kansas, USA - APR 15, 2003
Definitely one of the best IPAs I've had. Somehow the incredible amount of IBUs don't overwhelming or lead to excessive hop burps. Lovely to look at (the picture here does justice) and the aroma is exceedingly crisp. I wish this was available in Kansas, thanks to TAR for hooking me up!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
DrGonzo (625) - Somerville, Massachusetts, USA - APR 13, 2003
On tap. Golden amber color. Beautiful floral hops, citrus aroma. Very well balanced hops, a little sweet and surprisingly not that bitter. Outstanding IPA. Up next is the ruination IPA, but I think I'll be having this quite often in the future.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
egajdzis (5385) - Spring Mount, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 8, 2003
UPDATED: APR 13, 2004 Golden color with a creamy head and nice lacing. Aroma was filled with citrusy hops, orange rind, and some grapefruit. Very hoppy, bitter, nice sweet finish. Very balanced, very good IPA, my favorite! I thought I had rated this too high, but upon revisiting, its really a top notch IPA.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
boto (1882) - Granby, Connecticut, USA - APR 7, 2003
Bottle. Darker golden color. Nice citrus/hop nose. I was expecting more hops than I could handle, but even though they are strong, the balance is excellent. A fine quaff!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
fly (1419) - austin, Tejas, Alabama, USA - APR 7, 2003
Having had some IPA's that have hops strength that can shrivel tongues, this came of as rather well balanced. Meaning that while the malt flavor is well subdued I was not over powered by the hopping, just greatly pleased. Very nice. Really impressed that with all the hops hat may have died for my pleasure, they did not do so in unnecessarily

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
KURTO99 (18) - wexford, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 6, 2003
Lots of hops and a nice color. A good beer to have a warm summer day. Hints of citrus in this brew. Good, but not world class.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Mully (1) - Indiana, USA - APR 5, 2003 does not count
Even an angry 19 year old waitress couldn't mess up the pour enough to effect the head on this beer! This is a great looking IPA. When I 'taste' a beer, I drink it in a special way. I take it in fully allowing it to roll completely over my tongue, and down my throat. I then immediately exhale through my nose giving the aroma and the flavor a second chance to show their stuff. The flavor is nice and hoppy. I also catch a bitter flavor wrapped up in there. I love this beer. It has a great drinkiblity that makes you 10th pint as fun as your 1st. Stone makes a super IPA!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Sven (229) - Lancaster, California, USA - APR 3, 2003
Quickly disapating head, modest carbonation, fantastic amber color. Aroma of hops, taste of hops, burbs of hops. I love Stone Brewing!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
hoped (18) - Arizona, USA - APR 3, 2003
22oz. bottle. Pouring smoothly into my pint glass, I can see the light amber/orange colored brew slowly rise to the top forming a nice one inch slightly off white head. What a fine sight it is. The first thing to hit my nose is pineapple, like I just opened a can as I often do. Then it starts to become more complex with other fruit odors, maybe a little bit of a peach schnapps smell or, maybe its that I detect a little bit of the sweet smell of honey. Wow, my rookie nose is really showing its character, or is it that the complexity of this beer is blowing my mind? Upon the first taste I notice the malty sweetness and flavor explosion. Nice and bitter with plenty of mouth watering hoppy citrus flavor. Extremely refreshing and inspiring. The head retains itself at about a quarter inch leaving a nice lace to the end. Or no, its not over yet, I still havent finished the bottle. The rest pours smoother as it has warmed a little. This beer must be bottled conditioned because it is now cloudy in my glass, as the complex flavors improve. I know that this is the best IPA Ive had yet.