RATINGS: 3660   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.97   IBU: 77   EST. CALORIES: 207   ABV: 6.9%
Bottle and keg: Filtered
Launched: August 1997
Hops: Magnum, Chinook & Centennial
By definition, an India Pale Ale is hoppier and higher in alcohol than its little brother, pale ale-and we deliver in spades. Now one of the most well respected and best-selling IPAs in the country, this golden beauty explodes with citrusy flavor and hop aromas, all perfectly balanced by a subtle malt character. This crisp, extra hoppy brew is hugely refreshing on a hot day, but will always deliver no matter when you choose to drink it.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Tommynh (80) - - JUN 30, 2014
Straight from the fridge to a large Sam Adams glass. Pours a nice golden color with a very nice hop scent and great hop taste. They say it's dry hopped for a couple weeks and it gives a great taste. Nice beer, nice aftertaste, a great beer. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 10/20
JMCtime (80) - Washington, USA - NOV 23, 2014
Good basic IPA. Nothing really stands out but it tastes like an IPA should.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
scottyg (79) - Gainesville, Florida, USA - JAN 17, 2004
A good IPA, and by the ratings, seems to be one of the best. You'll like it if you like bitter beer. Impressed, though I just wish it maybe had a sweeter start, with the existing close.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
nmoskop (79) - Arizona, USA - AUG 17, 2004
Best IPA I’ve had to date...no question. Pronounced hops but not rough on the taste buds. Beautiful deep gold color and thick head. Citrus flavor with little aftertaste. The above average acohol content gives it a warm feeling on the way down. Well done stone. I’ll have to try the rest of the line.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Diego (79) - San Diego, California, USA - NOV 27, 2002
Probably the best beer I’ve ever had (as far as my preference goes). This is truly the last IPA you’ll ever wat to drain. Fragrant, beautiful rich mangoey shade of yellow. The flavor is biiitttterrr!!! As the great poet whose name I’ve forgotten once said: ’It is bitter bitter. But I love it because it is bitter, like my heart’. I sat down at my local pub last night and tried two twenty two ouncers. The chalkboard advertising the specials of the evening had it labeled ’double bitter’ and it cost around 5 bucks but it was well worth it. Great beer.

thunder_head1 (79) - Reading, Berkshire, ENGLAND - NOV 15, 2011
clear orange in colour with an aroma of citrus and orange peel and it tastes very good with the citrus notes and hoppy character this is a nice ipa.

Sublym (78) - Arizona, USA - AUG 15, 2012
Ok, stone ipa needs no "deScription" if you havent had it yet your missing out. This is a "staple" beer in our fridge. For nights like tonight where new belgians super cru didnt satisfy me, I pull out a stone ipa and it totally redeems my night!!

bsour (78) - Boise, Idaho, USA - NOV 5, 2003
Golden orange with a slight haze. Large, thick head that dissipated over time. Lacing all the way down the glass. Aromas of fresh hops and ripe citrus. It has a nice bite from hops but not over-powering. A citrus flavor coats the mouth and has a pleasant after-taste. Wonderful IPA.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
TwoDudes (77) - Louisville, Kentucky, USA - JUL 26, 2009
I like this beer alot....a fine representation of the WC IPA...I’ve had better, but I’ve had many, many worse...I still prefer Ruination.........................................

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
JAG55 (77) - O’Fallon, Missouri, USA - APR 25, 2011
22oz. bomber poured into pint glass. Clear light golden color with creamy, fluffy and sticky white head that lasted forever! An excellent presentation. This is a hop beast with hop aroma all over and bitter taste to perfection with nice malt balance to the finish. Big, smooth and creamy body. This is IPA - WANT HOPS!