overall

RATINGS: 3435   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.97   EST. CALORIES: 207   ABV: 6.9%
Look up "hops" in the dictionary and you’ll see a picture of Stone IPA! "Dry-hopped" for an extra two weeks, this unique process gives our IPA its bountiful hop aroma and rich hop flavor. A full 70+ IBUs (International Bitterness Units) creates this beer’s crisp and refreshing bitter character.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
savannah (37) - columbus, Ohio, USA - OCT 9, 2004
Light, citrus hop aroma. Medium mouth feel. Difficult to describe flavor but very good. Pleasant lingering taste. Golden color, no head retension.

btwhite7 (37) - Lexington, Kentucky, USA - DEC 9, 2004
UPDATED: JAN 31, 2008 Wow, this is a true IPA. Most hops I’ve had in an IPA. Not for the fant. VERY hopsy. STRONG. 1 is enough, heartburn sets in. IPA personified.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Sam10 (37) - Olympia, Washington, USA - OCT 9, 2005
I really like the beers this company puts out. I tried an IPA before and did not like it. But I gave these guys a shot. I still don’t like IPA’s. Just not for me taste like I am chewing on a flower. Although this is better than the other I tasted, just not for me.

imanerd (37) - Novi, Michigan, USA - FEB 4, 2007
A worthwhile ale. Much better balanced than the ruination. If memory serves me right, its rather bold, but not over the top. Bitter, pleasant sipper.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
jefe026 (37) - USA - AUG 20, 2007
me and my friends bought a six pack of this to be adventurous, i have not had anything better, but of coarse i am relatively new to the beer scene, the flavor was so perfectly balanced between medium bitterness and a sweetness that hits in the beginning, i loved every sip and this is now my friends favorite beer

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
davhix (37) - Colorado, USA - DEC 28, 2007
poured a really nice head into my duvel glass, and the hops aroma knocked my socks off when i took a sniff. lots of citrus hoppiness. very nice finish. really enjoying this one. might need to have another one...

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 19/20
fg8080 (37) - San Diego, California, USA - APR 12, 2008
Pours a dark copper. Citrussy, floral aroma, nice hoppy flavor. I will definitly drink more of this brew

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
hubcrawler (37) - , Virginia, USA - OCT 26, 2008
Pours a clear orange with a frothy white head. Aromas of citrus, hops, and malt. Has a bitterness complemented by a slightly sweet, malty taste and a touch of grapefruit

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
mrbirmingham (37) - Kansas, USA - APR 7, 2009
Aroma: I can smell the pine trees in this beer. There are hints of grassy and maybe some citrus notes. Appearance: It’s clear, medium gold with a tall white head. The head crashed quickly leaving thick lacing in the glass (gorgeous). Flavor: It’s a hop forward taste. The initial bitter bite carries through the tasting experience. I can taste the malt, but the flavor is balanced towards the hops. Mouth feel: It has a medium body Overall Impression: This is definitely an IPA; the hops smack me in the taste buds. I was surprised aroma was not stronger (the hops seem muted) until I looked at the “Enjoy By” date and it read 03/31/09. This was a bit surprising as I purchased the beer in mid-March (09). I guessing the hop aroma diminished over time. Even being old, I am still enjoying the beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
TheMantle (37) - New York, USA - FEB 19, 2010
UPDATED: MAR 8, 2010 Poured from a bottle into a Sam Adams perfect pint glass. The best by date gives is about a month and a half away. Pours a nice translucent deep orange, with a small quickly receding white head. Smells great being dominated by citrus hops. Taste is hops, hops, hops. Also a bit spicy and citrus are coming through, without much of a malt backbone to back it up. Ends crisp with lingering hops.