overall

RATINGS: 3367   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.97   EST. CALORIES: 207   ABV: 6.9%
Look up "hops" in the dictionary and youíll see a picture of Stone IPA! "Dry-hopped" for an extra two weeks, this unique process gives our IPA its bountiful hop aroma and rich hop flavor. A full 70+ IBUs (International Bitterness Units) creates this beerís crisp and refreshing bitter character.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Beerology (27) - Fort Worth, Texas, USA - APR 2, 2012
--very good beer. ----/ little murky with a nice golden color. ---- the hops is def. there and has a nice bitter taste. Love the palate. ---- ---Rated via Beerology

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
pmcint01 (26) - Pitman, USA - OCT 13, 2013
Bottle from Joe Canalís. Poured without any head. Appears unfiltered orangy yellow color. Taste is amazinginlg smooth. Hop aroma not as strong as you expect. An enjoyable IPA out of a bottle.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Hugerat99 (26) - USA - JAN 31, 2002
This is a truly fantastic IPA for those who love a strong, lasting hop presence, and at nearly 7% ABV it doesnít lose any drinkability.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
wajacobs (26) - USA - APR 20, 2006
Beer good! As with most American IPA it comes off green to me. The style was made strong and over hopped to withstand a long voyage ...I believe all IPA should be cellared for atleast six weeks, I just canít seem to keep a bottle in my house for more than 6 hours

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
geographylists (26) - San Diego, California, USA - NOV 17, 2006
Great IPA...of course, to be expected with Stone. Quite similar to their pale ale (also an excellent beer), especially with the grapefruit background flavor. Perfect amount of bitterness, perfect amount of sweetness. Canít go wrong with this beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Zodanga (26) - Alabama, USA - JAN 1, 2008
Even though IPAís and the taste of hops are not among beer tastes I like this still isnít bad. Itís better than many of the IPAís I have. Even though it has a strong taste it goes down smooth and leaves a pleasant feeling as it goes down the hatch. So drink up you IPA lovers.!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
BostonFox (26) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - MAR 8, 2009
Enjoyed on the patio at the brewery. Looks great - smells better; pine, malt and big cascade hop presenece. Flavor is much the same as aroma. Extremely well balanced and 6.9% is well hidden - until about half way through your 3rd pint I found. One of the best (actually probably the best) American style I.P.A.s.. Could we get this in Ontario please?

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
mmbt7 (26) - Moorhead, Minnesota, USA - APR 13, 2009
Wonderful beer. About the best IPA that I have ever graced my mouth with. Thanks Stone, yet another Fantastic brew!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
WABeerChick (25) - Seattle, Washington, USA - FEB 26, 2004
So, maybe it is because I've been spoiled by the NW Style IPA, but I can't help but feel like this beer is so average. The color was really nice, but the love that makes up an IPA is all filtered out. It smelled pretty medicinal, it tasted bottled, maybe a little old. It wasn't bad, just wasn't great. I think I'll stick with Arrogant Bastard the next time I go for a Stone beer.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
celluloiddroid (25) - Hebron, Indiana, USA - MAY 31, 2004
Beautiful, golden color. Great head. Great tastes, oh the hops. It was bitter, but in the best possible way. I want more.