overall

RATINGS: 3505   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.97   EST. CALORIES: 207   ABV: 6.9%
Look up "hops" in the dictionary and you’ll see a picture of Stone IPA! "Dry-hopped" for an extra two weeks, this unique process gives our IPA its bountiful hop aroma and rich hop flavor. A full 70+ IBUs (International Bitterness Units) creates this beer’s crisp and refreshing bitter character.

talleyrand (38) - Minnesota, USA - MAY 13, 2011
Very rich, creamy head. Lively carbonation which helps maintain the head. Bitter aroma with strong note of dank hops. Clean, pure medium amber color. Very refreshing IPA. Strength of hops is well-balanced with the alcohol content. The palate doesn’t dull your senses by the end of the glass. One of the best in the IPA category. Exceptionally solid.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
savannah (37) - columbus, Ohio, USA - OCT 9, 2004
Light, citrus hop aroma. Medium mouth feel. Difficult to describe flavor but very good. Pleasant lingering taste. Golden color, no head retension.

btwhite7 (37) - Lexington, Kentucky, USA - DEC 9, 2004
UPDATED: JAN 31, 2008 Wow, this is a true IPA. Most hops I’ve had in an IPA. Not for the fant. VERY hopsy. STRONG. 1 is enough, heartburn sets in. IPA personified.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Sam10 (37) - Olympia, Washington, USA - OCT 9, 2005
I really like the beers this company puts out. I tried an IPA before and did not like it. But I gave these guys a shot. I still don’t like IPA’s. Just not for me taste like I am chewing on a flower. Although this is better than the other I tasted, just not for me.

imanerd (37) - Novi, Michigan, USA - FEB 4, 2007
A worthwhile ale. Much better balanced than the ruination. If memory serves me right, its rather bold, but not over the top. Bitter, pleasant sipper.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
jefe026 (37) - USA - AUG 20, 2007
me and my friends bought a six pack of this to be adventurous, i have not had anything better, but of coarse i am relatively new to the beer scene, the flavor was so perfectly balanced between medium bitterness and a sweetness that hits in the beginning, i loved every sip and this is now my friends favorite beer

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
davhix (37) - Colorado, USA - DEC 28, 2007
poured a really nice head into my duvel glass, and the hops aroma knocked my socks off when i took a sniff. lots of citrus hoppiness. very nice finish. really enjoying this one. might need to have another one...

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
westknife (37) - USA - APR 8, 2008
Solid IPA, not too overhopped, strong malt base to complement the bitter hops, you know the deal

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 19/20
fg8080 (37) - San Diego, California, USA - APR 12, 2008
Pours a dark copper. Citrussy, floral aroma, nice hoppy flavor. I will definitly drink more of this brew

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
hubcrawler (37) - , Virginia, USA - OCT 26, 2008
Pours a clear orange with a frothy white head. Aromas of citrus, hops, and malt. Has a bitterness complemented by a slightly sweet, malty taste and a touch of grapefruit