RATINGS: 3675   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.97/5   IBU: 77   EST. CALORIES: 207   ABV: 6.9%
Bottle and keg: Filtered
Launched: August 1997
Hops: Magnum, Chinook & Centennial
By definition, an India Pale Ale is hoppier and higher in alcohol than its little brother, pale ale-and we deliver in spades. Now one of the most well respected and best-selling IPAs in the country, this golden beauty explodes with citrusy flavor and hop aromas, all perfectly balanced by a subtle malt character. This crisp, extra hoppy brew is hugely refreshing on a hot day, but will always deliver no matter when you choose to drink it.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
ucsbdude (68) - Santa Barbara, California, USA - MAY 11, 2002
This is my favortie IPA that I’ve tried.You must get it on draft to do it justice.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
nihar (68) - Ohio, USA - MAY 6, 2007
Nice dark golden colored beer that gives off plenty of aroma of flowers and hops.. tastes spicy and bitter with a biting flavor that ends with notes of citrus...

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
beezz86 (68) - Jasper, Indiana, USA - MAY 24, 2008
Bottle. Poured a clear, yellow/orange color with a long lasting, white head. Hoppy aroma with slight citrus and floral scents. Light body with a thin, slightly oily texture. I truely enjoyed this beer and would definately recommend it to others and drink again. I enjoyed the very slight citrus flavor and was very pleased with the just the second Stone beer that I have tried. This beer gets better with every swallow.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Oristo (67) - Orinda, California, USA - DEC 17, 2002
Great pour: head and lacing is great. Very clear bronze with light carbonation visible. The aroma is good but surprisingly light given the strength of flavor. Rich and complex flavor leading to a long and changing finish.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
weisinator (67) - USA - SEP 15, 2005
Tastebuds got smacked up by this one. It was a bit too bitter for me, and I seriously didn’t realize this was 6.9% ABV when I had it off the tap.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
SBor02 (67) - Delaware, USA - FEB 7, 2011
Stone IPA poured a hazy gold from the bottle with a decent white head. The hops come through nicely in this beer and I noted scents of pine. There is a balanced bitterness in this beer and as I got further along in my drink I started to pick up notes of butter. This IPA finised smooth with a nice mouthfeel.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
CPDalton (67) - Boone, North Carolina, USA - MAR 12, 2012
Golden brown, some nice sediment floating around with a one finger head. Looks like it will lace nicely. The smell has a strong floral scent, with some fruity and hoppy undertones. Bitter up front, which follows with sweet and malty flavors. Very light carbonation and goes down smooth. I can see why the reviews are so good, it's a great beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
iskirwan1 (66) - monument, Colorado, USA - OCT 3, 2006
oh my god this good beer probley the best ipa I have ever had the pleasure of drinking pours a deep gold with a off white head rich hop aroma taste is hoppy but just right lingers for a while ohh and did I mention it complents food very well

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
poolboy (66) - Lafayette, Indiana, USA - NOV 30, 2008
Good in the bottle. Better on tap at the brewery. Tastes of grapefruit and hops. Head with plenty of white foam. Orange color.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
sudsmeister (66) - Colorado, USA - MAR 17, 2009
Stone is consistent. I have been drinking their IPA for many years and cannot notice any change. There might be one or two brews out there to offer a challenge, but for the price, this is my staple IPA. Pour, head, aroma, fllavor, mouthfeel, finish are all top notch. I sure am glad somebody can make a beer this good, regularly. Thanks, guys!