overall

RATINGS: 3503   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.97   EST. CALORIES: 207   ABV: 6.9%
Look up "hops" in the dictionary and you’ll see a picture of Stone IPA! "Dry-hopped" for an extra two weeks, this unique process gives our IPA its bountiful hop aroma and rich hop flavor. A full 70+ IBUs (International Bitterness Units) creates this beer’s crisp and refreshing bitter character.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
mgmike4 (30) - valencia, California, USA - AUG 16, 2006
bottle: amazing...strong hop aroma with scents of pine and citrus. the flavor is near perfect. It has strong hop flavors but not very bitter...very smooth finish...a truely balanced ipa.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
joeyp (30) - Alabama, USA - OCT 20, 2006
raisiny and citrusy in scent aminimal head, white foam, and golden in appearance. I think I can taste a hint of grapefruit also

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
EValP (30) - Colorado, USA - NOV 16, 2006
UPDATED: NOV 17, 2006 Great off-white frothy head lasting a good part of the beer. Clear sparkling body but did notice tiny body particles and a thin density. Brilliant amber IPA coloring convinced me to drink.

Heavy hops aroma, slight lemon but more grapefruit/orange; quite like a fruit punch. Light yeast aroma that I thought was a bit meaty, more so as I finishes the glass. Initially lightly sweet and acidic, this IPA finishes with the acidity elevating to a moderate bite and lasts quite short. Fairly full bodied as it is an IPA and a bit dry but has a lively carbonation. This a very good IPA even though it left a slight metallic feel in the mouth.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
Dynamind69 (29) - San Miguel, California, USA - MAR 23, 2007
UPDATED: JUL 16, 2007 This is the last IPA I will try ,I hate them,way ,way too much hops,why bother putting in malts? just brew the hops so some idiots can enjoy a super bitter brew to think they’re a real men by drinking it.Just Stupid.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
littlefelix (29) - Santa Clarita, California, USA - APR 20, 2007
Until I discoved the AleSmith IPA, this was my favorite. And sometimes I still choose this over the AleSmith. This diserves it’s famousness.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Outchillen (29) - Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 8, 2008
This is my hands down favorite for an IPA. This was the first IPA I liked and helped me to like others. Great golden orange color, great aroma. one of the best. great job Stone’s

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
MisterSparkle (29) - California, USA - MAY 23, 2011
This is one of my favorite brews in the world. I drink more of this one than of anything else out there. It is a fixture in my fridge. Very citrus in taste and aroma. Pours a golden-amber, nice and cloudy from the bottle. Head is a beautiful froth, if slightly less than a finger. Beautifully refined in bitterness and sweetness, dry and light in body. This brew almost singlehandedly redefined west coast IPAs, and continues to excel. It is rare that other IPAs can even come close, and even rarer for a brew to eclipse the high-quality flavor and all-around goodness delivered in a Stone IPA.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Maltmisjonen (29) - - JUL 10, 2013
zesty hopiness, lavender, pine, oranges, caramel, vanilla. Nice fruity aftertaste, palate too thin.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
ghett0yeti (29) - Chandler, Arizona, USA - APR 7, 2005
This is great. It hurts me to say but, Ale Smith is slightly better, but this is fantastic.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
ghunte02 (29) - Havertown, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 27, 2006
well hopped of course but not a pucker up ipa. nice aroma of pine, citrus. sharp bite in the finish. nice burnt orange collor w/ soft white head. good brew