overall

RATINGS: 3365   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.97   EST. CALORIES: 207   ABV: 6.9%
Look up "hops" in the dictionary and you’ll see a picture of Stone IPA! "Dry-hopped" for an extra two weeks, this unique process gives our IPA its bountiful hop aroma and rich hop flavor. A full 70+ IBUs (International Bitterness Units) creates this beer’s crisp and refreshing bitter character.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
adayale (14) - Texas, USA - APR 14, 2011
UPDATED: APR 26, 2011 Stone India Pale Ale: Drank out of a tumbler Pour: The color comes out to be a pretty nice yellow/orange. The beer forms a massive head, somewhere around 4 fingers, that is pretty much white in color and lingers for awhile. It looks like there is a nice creamy top to the head with larger bubbles around the sides. Aroma: I absolutely love the aroma of this beer. Orange and citrus are the most prominent smells I get, along with some pine characteristics. The smell of hops really provides a backbone to the aroma but still the star is the citrus. The smell just leaves my mouth watering in anticipation. First Taste: You actually don’t get as a much citrus taste in it as I would have expected from the aroma. You definitely still do get those nice citrus notes in the taste but what you really notice is the hops, which is indicative of an ipa. It’s like the citrus has its time in the spot light for the preshow then the hops get to shine in the main event. It’s definitely a great well balanced taste but really doesn’t have the same punch behind it like I was expecting it to, which I sort of enjoy that fact. If you are a real big hop head then you might think this beer needs a bit more of a wallop but I enjoy the nice balance. The finish is a little bread like with just a tiny bit of deep bitterness that doesn’t last too long. I very refreshing and thirst quenching drink. Overall I did enjoy this beer a lot and am now looking forward to its brother the ruination. A nice Ipa from the guys (and gals?) at the Stone brewing company.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Wakerider44 (14) - Richmond Heights, Missouri, USA - APR 20, 2012
Hazy golden color. Medium body head. Fruity aroma with a strong finish. A mist try. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iSomething

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Bambalanz (14) - temecula, California, USA - JUL 4, 2012
Good hoppy scent with the proper IPA color when poured. A nice fluffy white head that dissipates a little quickly. It smells nice and piney. It is very balanced between the hops and the malts that back it up. My only beef is the hops flavor lingers a bit longer than I would like. But... so far I haven’t found an IPA that is better at the same reasonable price. A good drinkable beer.

DoNTOMatote (14) - - SEP 15, 2013
Great aroma on this beer, good appearance, taste is awesome, hop aroma and bitterness are well pronounced. Bitterness lingers for a long time. Solid IPA.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Almeter, The Aryan God of Beer (13) - USA - SEP 27, 2001
I usually dont buy too many IPAs or American brews...but this is probably the best IPA I have had. Very good.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
DamnGoodBeer99 (13) - Shingle Springs, California, USA - MAR 5, 2002
I had just decided earlier that IPA’s available in 12 oz bottles were probably dominated by the great tasting Bridgeport and Big Daddy (Speakeasy). Then, I had Stones IPA.Great Stuff from the first to the last sip and a ’Hop’ saturation that I found very satisfying. I also liked not being able to single out the alcohol (like some other hopped-up Ipa’s and Double Ipa’s). I’d actually give this a ’20’ but then I’d probably never buy any other. Even the bottle looked cool. Congratulations Stone, on a terrific IPA.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Tycho (13) - USA - APR 23, 2004
UPDATED: JAN 27, 2006 Very hoppy, with citric overtones. The bitterness is prevalent but well balanced.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Ramones79 (13) - perryville, Missouri, USA - JUL 16, 2004
UPDATED: OCT 12, 2004 I am thankful I can find this beer easily. It has an awesome citrus and floral aroma. The taste is quite bitter and easy to sip on. This stuff is addictive and I will continue to purchase this! RERATE : Had this again tonight oh yeah baby, better than I thought!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 9/20
Chthulhu (13) - Escondido, California, USA - AUG 27, 2006
Bottle. Lovely, aromatic stuff; just a bit of carbonation bite, very floral.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
NeroWolfe (13) - USA - AUG 18, 2007
UPDATED: JAN 6, 2008 12 oz. bottle. Golden pour with a strong delightful aroma almost matched by its taste. Surprisingly good for a year round brew. Wish I could find this at home.