overall

RATINGS: 3427   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.97   EST. CALORIES: 207   ABV: 6.9%
Look up "hops" in the dictionary and youíll see a picture of Stone IPA! "Dry-hopped" for an extra two weeks, this unique process gives our IPA its bountiful hop aroma and rich hop flavor. A full 70+ IBUs (International Bitterness Units) creates this beerís crisp and refreshing bitter character.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Tommynh (19) - - JUN 30, 2014
Straight from the fridge to a large Sam Adams glass. Pours a nice golden color with a very nice hop scent and great hop taste. They say it's dry hopped for a couple weeks and it gives a great taste. Nice beer, nice aftertaste, a great beer. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
hoped (18) - Arizona, USA - APR 3, 2003
22oz. bottle. Pouring smoothly into my pint glass, I can see the light amber/orange colored brew slowly rise to the top forming a nice one inch slightly off white head. What a fine sight it is. The first thing to hit my nose is pineapple, like I just opened a can as I often do. Then it starts to become more complex with other fruit odors, maybe a little bit of a peach schnapps smell or, maybe its that I detect a little bit of the sweet smell of honey. Wow, my rookie nose is really showing its character, or is it that the complexity of this beer is blowing my mind? Upon the first taste I notice the malty sweetness and flavor explosion. Nice and bitter with plenty of mouth watering hoppy citrus flavor. Extremely refreshing and inspiring. The head retains itself at about a quarter inch leaving a nice lace to the end. Or no, its not over yet, I still havent finished the bottle. The rest pours smoother as it has warmed a little. This beer must be bottled conditioned because it is now cloudy in my glass, as the complex flavors improve. I know that this is the best IPA Ive had yet.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
KURTO99 (18) - wexford, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 6, 2003
Lots of hops and a nice color. A good beer to have a warm summer day. Hints of citrus in this brew. Good, but not world class.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
coolshmo (18) - Rancho Cordova, California, USA - DEC 14, 2005
I suppose iím just used to the Ruination. for an IPA, this is no laughing matter. But iím so used to the double IPAs that this is just a little boring for me. quite hoppy, and not too bitter. GREAT IPA.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Cranberryboy (18) - Bellingham, Washington, USA - FEB 15, 2007
Oh yes, Iím drinking one right now. To say that Stone IPA is "hoppy" would be putting it modestly. BIG hop flavor and BIG hop aroma with a ton of hop bitterness. Plus itís 100% all natural brew. Canít beat that.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Craybees (18) - New York, USA - JUL 5, 2009
Canít believe how widely distributed this one has become. A very good example of the style--probably more on the English than the American side (which is, after all, a good thing).

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Merin (18) - Arizona, USA - SEP 21, 2010
An all around great IPA. A good casual brew. could drink it everyday for the rest of my life.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
greatscott75 (18) - California, USA - AUG 13, 2012
22oz. bottle. Golden yellow pour. Decent hoppy nose. Very good representation of the style.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
LouisJacques (18) - Magog, Quebec, CANADA - DEC 17, 2012
Really fruity IPA, the hop taste is really pleasant, itís an easy drinking IPA, I could drink a dozen of this during an evening, itís a simple beer, really good, I really enjoyed this IPA. The smell of the hops is also really cool.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
WortMan (18) - - APR 21, 2013
Pours golden with grapefruity aroma. Taste up front is awesome however the end leaves me wanting more. This is a great IPA but, not the best i have had. Another Stone Brewery hit.