overall

RATINGS: 3461   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.97   EST. CALORIES: 207   ABV: 6.9%
Look up "hops" in the dictionary and youíll see a picture of Stone IPA! "Dry-hopped" for an extra two weeks, this unique process gives our IPA its bountiful hop aroma and rich hop flavor. A full 70+ IBUs (International Bitterness Units) creates this beerís crisp and refreshing bitter character.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
hoped (18) - Arizona, USA - APR 3, 2003
22oz. bottle. Pouring smoothly into my pint glass, I can see the light amber/orange colored brew slowly rise to the top forming a nice one inch slightly off white head. What a fine sight it is. The first thing to hit my nose is pineapple, like I just opened a can as I often do. Then it starts to become more complex with other fruit odors, maybe a little bit of a peach schnapps smell or, maybe its that I detect a little bit of the sweet smell of honey. Wow, my rookie nose is really showing its character, or is it that the complexity of this beer is blowing my mind? Upon the first taste I notice the malty sweetness and flavor explosion. Nice and bitter with plenty of mouth watering hoppy citrus flavor. Extremely refreshing and inspiring. The head retains itself at about a quarter inch leaving a nice lace to the end. Or no, its not over yet, I still havent finished the bottle. The rest pours smoother as it has warmed a little. This beer must be bottled conditioned because it is now cloudy in my glass, as the complex flavors improve. I know that this is the best IPA Ive had yet.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
KURTO99 (18) - wexford, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 6, 2003
Lots of hops and a nice color. A good beer to have a warm summer day. Hints of citrus in this brew. Good, but not world class.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
coolshmo (18) - Rancho Cordova, California, USA - DEC 14, 2005
I suppose iím just used to the Ruination. for an IPA, this is no laughing matter. But iím so used to the double IPAs that this is just a little boring for me. quite hoppy, and not too bitter. GREAT IPA.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Cranberryboy (18) - Bellingham, Washington, USA - FEB 15, 2007
Oh yes, Iím drinking one right now. To say that Stone IPA is "hoppy" would be putting it modestly. BIG hop flavor and BIG hop aroma with a ton of hop bitterness. Plus itís 100% all natural brew. Canít beat that.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Craybees (18) - New York, USA - JUL 5, 2009
Canít believe how widely distributed this one has become. A very good example of the style--probably more on the English than the American side (which is, after all, a good thing).

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
hopfiend (17) - Seattle, Washington, USA - NOV 18, 2002
A well-balanced, hoppy and bitter IPA. Though excellent, I was slightly disappointed that, for all its hype, it was not quite as powerful an IPA as laConnerís or Diamond Knot.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
HoPPyToNy (17) - USA - MAY 22, 2007
hoppy hoppy hoppy. aroma hoopy and uplifting. the flavor of this beer is awesome high hops light malt. pours a very nice light copper with normal head and heavy lacing. i like it alot.

breichow (17) - USA - DEC 25, 2006
Out of 12 oz. bottle in pint glass. Nice deep yellow color. Nice hop flavor, very bitter. Semi-long finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
beer4president (17) - Bellingham, Washington, USA - MAY 14, 2004
Love it, but still missing something. I could drink this beer forever though. one of the better IPAís

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
bclasen (17) - USA - OCT 24, 2004
Nice golden body - great, creamy head, long lasting. Nice hoppy flavor - with a bit of sweetnest with the bitter. Iím an east coast guy and on a trip to LA I finally tastaed one - now I know what the hype is about. Great smell - I could live off of this one. However, does it beat my local favorite, Dogfish Head 60? Hmmm, Iíd love to get to the bottom of that question, unfortunately I probably wonít get a change to put the two next to each other soon.