overall

RATINGS: 3620   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.97   IBU: 77   EST. CALORIES: 207   ABV: 6.9%
Bottle and keg: Filtered
Launched: August 1997
Hops: Magnum, Chinook & Centennial
By definition, an India Pale Ale is hoppier and higher in alcohol than its little brother, pale ale-and we deliver in spades. Now one of the most well respected and best-selling IPAs in the country, this golden beauty explodes with citrusy flavor and hop aromas, all perfectly balanced by a subtle malt character. This crisp, extra hoppy brew is hugely refreshing on a hot day, but will always deliver no matter when you choose to drink it.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
mogo (38) - California, USA - JUN 19, 2002
Never been an IPA fan, so I canít say I cared for the hoppy aroma much at all. Nevertheless, I found it very fresh and drinkable.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
sethatuml (38) - USA - DEC 25, 2003
Very nice, Very clean IPA flavor. not as overpowering flavor-wise as some of the other offerings from Stone Brewing. This IPA has a nice crisp flavor, and it does not linger and burn your mouth like some of the super steriod-laden IPAs created for mere shock value.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
jarndyce (38) - Florida, USA - JAN 18, 2008
The best beer Iíve had in years. I get it in the 22oz bottle. I savor every drop. Crisp and fresh. Great color. Slight citrus odor.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Zbong (38) - Lansing, Michigan, USA - JUL 27, 2008
Great brew. This is my standard IPA. Easy drinking at a relatively high %. Hops, malts, but they are overbearing this beer can be drank fast.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
savannah (37) - columbus, Ohio, USA - OCT 9, 2004
Light, citrus hop aroma. Medium mouth feel. Difficult to describe flavor but very good. Pleasant lingering taste. Golden color, no head retension.

btwhite7 (37) - Lexington, Kentucky, USA - DEC 9, 2004
UPDATED: JAN 31, 2008 Wow, this is a true IPA. Most hops Iíve had in an IPA. Not for the fant. VERY hopsy. STRONG. 1 is enough, heartburn sets in. IPA personified.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Sam10 (37) - Olympia, Washington, USA - OCT 9, 2005
I really like the beers this company puts out. I tried an IPA before and did not like it. But I gave these guys a shot. I still donít like IPAís. Just not for me taste like I am chewing on a flower. Although this is better than the other I tasted, just not for me.

imanerd (37) - Novi, Michigan, USA - FEB 4, 2007
A worthwhile ale. Much better balanced than the ruination. If memory serves me right, its rather bold, but not over the top. Bitter, pleasant sipper.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
jefe026 (37) - USA - AUG 20, 2007
me and my friends bought a six pack of this to be adventurous, i have not had anything better, but of coarse i am relatively new to the beer scene, the flavor was so perfectly balanced between medium bitterness and a sweetness that hits in the beginning, i loved every sip and this is now my friends favorite beer

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
davhix (37) - Colorado, USA - DEC 28, 2007
poured a really nice head into my duvel glass, and the hops aroma knocked my socks off when i took a sniff. lots of citrus hoppiness. very nice finish. really enjoying this one. might need to have another one...