overall

RATINGS: 3620   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.97   IBU: 77   EST. CALORIES: 207   ABV: 6.9%
Bottle and keg: Filtered
Launched: August 1997
Hops: Magnum, Chinook & Centennial
By definition, an India Pale Ale is hoppier and higher in alcohol than its little brother, pale ale-and we deliver in spades. Now one of the most well respected and best-selling IPAs in the country, this golden beauty explodes with citrusy flavor and hop aromas, all perfectly balanced by a subtle malt character. This crisp, extra hoppy brew is hugely refreshing on a hot day, but will always deliver no matter when you choose to drink it.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
hopfiend (17) - Seattle, Washington, USA - NOV 18, 2002
A well-balanced, hoppy and bitter IPA. Though excellent, I was slightly disappointed that, for all its hype, it was not quite as powerful an IPA as laConnerís or Diamond Knot.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
beer4president (17) - Bellingham, Washington, USA - MAY 14, 2004
Love it, but still missing something. I could drink this beer forever though. one of the better IPAís

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
bclasen (17) - USA - OCT 24, 2004
Nice golden body - great, creamy head, long lasting. Nice hoppy flavor - with a bit of sweetnest with the bitter. Iím an east coast guy and on a trip to LA I finally tastaed one - now I know what the hype is about. Great smell - I could live off of this one. However, does it beat my local favorite, Dogfish Head 60? Hmmm, Iíd love to get to the bottom of that question, unfortunately I probably wonít get a change to put the two next to each other soon.

breichow (17) - USA - DEC 25, 2006
Out of 12 oz. bottle in pint glass. Nice deep yellow color. Nice hop flavor, very bitter. Semi-long finish.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
HoPPyToNy (17) - USA - MAY 22, 2007
hoppy hoppy hoppy. aroma hoopy and uplifting. the flavor of this beer is awesome high hops light malt. pours a very nice light copper with normal head and heavy lacing. i like it alot.

usbadass (17) - Massachusetts, USA - JAN 5, 2008
The color was a dark gold - light amber with a one inch head. Many little bubbles supported the head. Very hoppy piney smell. The hops were detectable upon tasting. The hops were more present as an after taste than overpowering on the first sip. Very refreshing and smooth. The beer was well carbonated but very drinkable. Alcohol taste is not noticeable, be aware.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
skaz05 (17) - USA - APR 5, 2008
This is good beer. I am totally hooked on this stuff. If it werenít so expensive, I would be drinking it every day. I would probably be bathing in it. A delicious beer.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
xCENOTAPHx (17) - Grandview, Texas, USA - JUN 14, 2008
Pours an orange golden color with an intense white head that foams up quick and slowly dissipates. Traces can be seen all the way to the finish. Initial taste is clean and crisp, followed quickly by intense and powerful bitterness and some minor alcohol taste. My first IPA, and shall be trying more soon. Not for everybody though, especially if you arenít expecting the bitter.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
calgone (17) - Athens, Georgia, USA - JUN 25, 2008
22 oz bottle. Great hop aroma. Citrus aroma is very dominant. Taste is great and spicy. Aftertaste is very orange-like. I donít get a strong malt flavor. Very smooth and refreshing. Definitely repeat buy, if I can get my hands on some more.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
monstersmash (17) - Georgia, USA - SEP 1, 2011
I love this beer! It has a little bitter bite to it, but to me it taste wonderful. This is an outstanding IPA offering; I like it second only to two hearted ale. If you like IPA"s this is a must try beer!