RATINGS: 3660   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.97   IBU: 77   EST. CALORIES: 207   ABV: 6.9%
Bottle and keg: Filtered
Launched: August 1997
Hops: Magnum, Chinook & Centennial
By definition, an India Pale Ale is hoppier and higher in alcohol than its little brother, pale ale-and we deliver in spades. Now one of the most well respected and best-selling IPAs in the country, this golden beauty explodes with citrusy flavor and hop aromas, all perfectly balanced by a subtle malt character. This crisp, extra hoppy brew is hugely refreshing on a hot day, but will always deliver no matter when you choose to drink it.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
hopfiend (17) - Seattle, Washington, USA - NOV 18, 2002
A well-balanced, hoppy and bitter IPA. Though excellent, I was slightly disappointed that, for all its hype, it was not quite as powerful an IPA as laConner’s or Diamond Knot.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
beer4president (17) - Bellingham, Washington, USA - MAY 14, 2004
Love it, but still missing something. I could drink this beer forever though. one of the better IPA’s

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
bclasen (17) - USA - OCT 24, 2004
Nice golden body - great, creamy head, long lasting. Nice hoppy flavor - with a bit of sweetnest with the bitter. I’m an east coast guy and on a trip to LA I finally tastaed one - now I know what the hype is about. Great smell - I could live off of this one. However, does it beat my local favorite, Dogfish Head 60? Hmmm, I’d love to get to the bottom of that question, unfortunately I probably won’t get a change to put the two next to each other soon.

breichow (17) - USA - DEC 25, 2006
Out of 12 oz. bottle in pint glass. Nice deep yellow color. Nice hop flavor, very bitter. Semi-long finish.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
monstersmash (17) - Georgia, USA - SEP 1, 2011
I love this beer! It has a little bitter bite to it, but to me it taste wonderful. This is an outstanding IPA offering; I like it second only to two hearted ale. If you like IPA"s this is a must try beer!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
vicg12 (17) - - FEB 26, 2013
Smells like a home brew. Tastes great. Lots of hops, perfect American IPA. Stone is a great brewer, keep it up. Only real complaint is that it was not very well carbonated, very small head.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
BeerGuy84 (17) - - DEC 4, 2013
One of the standards in IPA. Light yellow color with excellent lacing. The dry hopping leaves this beer with an excellent aroma of pine and citrus that leans toward grapefruit. Taste is a variety of citrus fruits with a nice malt body and a bitterness that seems just right. Great example of an IPA.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
BassMonkey83 (16) - USA - FEB 2, 2005
Wonderfully hoppy with a delicious bite. Balanced bready flavor, with a great flowery aroma. This coupled with the Double Bastard are my first experiences with Stone, and I’m a better man for it.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
NigelTheGreat (16) - Northport, USA - MAR 13, 2005
A harmonic, melodic balance of ingredients that fuse together to provide me with everything I look for in a beer. I really enjoyed this one.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
calicool (16) - Keller, Texas, USA - SEP 2, 2004
Excellent. Hop Heads Unite! Amazing brewery. These beers stand out. IPA is addictive with an amazing amount of hops and bitterness.