overall

RATINGS: 3618   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.97   IBU: 77   EST. CALORIES: 207   ABV: 6.9%
Bottle and keg: Filtered
Launched: August 1997
Hops: Magnum, Chinook & Centennial
By definition, an India Pale Ale is hoppier and higher in alcohol than its little brother, pale ale-and we deliver in spades. Now one of the most well respected and best-selling IPAs in the country, this golden beauty explodes with citrusy flavor and hop aromas, all perfectly balanced by a subtle malt character. This crisp, extra hoppy brew is hugely refreshing on a hot day, but will always deliver no matter when you choose to drink it.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Almeter, The Aryan God of Beer (13) - USA - SEP 27, 2001
I usually dont buy too many IPAs or American brews...but this is probably the best IPA I have had. Very good.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
DamnGoodBeer99 (13) - Shingle Springs, California, USA - MAR 5, 2002
I had just decided earlier that IPAís available in 12 oz bottles were probably dominated by the great tasting Bridgeport and Big Daddy (Speakeasy). Then, I had Stones IPA.Great Stuff from the first to the last sip and a íHopí saturation that I found very satisfying. I also liked not being able to single out the alcohol (like some other hopped-up Ipaís and Double Ipaís). Iíd actually give this a í20í but then Iíd probably never buy any other. Even the bottle looked cool. Congratulations Stone, on a terrific IPA.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Tycho (13) - USA - APR 23, 2004
UPDATED: JAN 27, 2006 Very hoppy, with citric overtones. The bitterness is prevalent but well balanced.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Ramones79 (13) - perryville, Missouri, USA - JUL 16, 2004
UPDATED: OCT 12, 2004 I am thankful I can find this beer easily. It has an awesome citrus and floral aroma. The taste is quite bitter and easy to sip on. This stuff is addictive and I will continue to purchase this! RERATE : Had this again tonight oh yeah baby, better than I thought!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 9/20
Chthulhu (13) - Escondido, California, USA - AUG 27, 2006
Bottle. Lovely, aromatic stuff; just a bit of carbonation bite, very floral.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
NeroWolfe (13) - USA - AUG 18, 2007
UPDATED: JAN 6, 2008 12 oz. bottle. Golden pour with a strong delightful aroma almost matched by its taste. Surprisingly good for a year round brew. Wish I could find this at home.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
ndhowlett (13) - augusta, Georgia, USA - SEP 29, 2007
Good beer for IPA lovers. Definetly above baseline. Great aroma, sweet and hoppy. Flavor didnít have as much kick as the aroma. Wish it did, but good beer overall.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 19/20
Chronickles (13) - san diego, California, USA - MAR 2, 2008
Itís worth the price. Most of the time itís the most expensive beer in the store but it is worth it. Even better from a freshly filled growler at the brewery. The food at the Stone World Bistro sucks. The beer does all the talking for that company. This is my favorite indian pale ale.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
steazyb23 (13) - California, USA - APR 18, 2008
i dont get the hype not the best may have been a bad bottle slight vinegar taste very bitter not much carbonation ill try again soon

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
scooterc (13) - Houston, Texas, USA - JUL 21, 2008
On tap at a restaurant in Denver Int’l Airport. I’m an IPA fan, and I was really pleased with this beer. Very hoppy. Great flavor. I like it a lot.