overall

RATINGS: 3764   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.97/5   IBU: 77   EST. CALORIES: 207   ABV: 6.9%
Bottle and keg: Filtered
Launched: August 1997
Hops: Magnum, Chinook & Centennial
By definition, an India Pale Ale is hoppier and higher in alcohol than its little brother, pale ale-and we deliver in spades. Now one of the most well respected and best-selling IPAs in the country, this golden beauty explodes with citrusy flavor and hop aromas, all perfectly balanced by a subtle malt character. This crisp, extra hoppy brew is hugely refreshing on a hot day, but will always deliver no matter when you choose to drink it.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
BunnyHops (27) - Newark, Illinois, USA - JAN 30, 2012
Pours a nice golden honey color with a decent head that kept a thin layer of dense foam afloat through the entire glass. Slight sediment and crisp, with a bitter citrus grapefruit aftertaste and floral alcohol aroma. This is a good IPA for the intermediate IPAíer

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Beerology (27) - Fort Worth, Texas, USA - APR 2, 2012
--very good beer. ----/ little murky with a nice golden color. ---- the hops is def. there and has a nice bitter taste. Love the palate. ---- ---Rated via Beerology

High_in_NM (26) - Los Alamos NM, New Mexico, USA - MAY 25, 2013
What else can you say? Simply the standard. Been blessed to drink this regularly for several years now. Piney, resiny nose and taste reminds me of the Ponderosa pines growing right outside my door and never fails to deliver. I occasionally wander off looking for something for something new like we all do, but this is really the gold standard by which all the others are measured. Perfect? Well, for now at least. Maybe a little too malty for some occasions, but thatís really an extremely minor nitpick. This beer should not be allowed to be rated by mere mortals, itís that good!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
wajacobs (26) - USA - APR 20, 2006
Beer good! As with most American IPA it comes off green to me. The style was made strong and over hopped to withstand a long voyage ...I believe all IPA should be cellared for atleast six weeks, I just canít seem to keep a bottle in my house for more than 6 hours

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
geographylists (26) - San Diego, California, USA - NOV 17, 2006
Great IPA...of course, to be expected with Stone. Quite similar to their pale ale (also an excellent beer), especially with the grapefruit background flavor. Perfect amount of bitterness, perfect amount of sweetness. Canít go wrong with this beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Zodanga (26) - Alabama, USA - JAN 1, 2008
Even though IPAís and the taste of hops are not among beer tastes I like this still isnít bad. Itís better than many of the IPAís I have. Even though it has a strong taste it goes down smooth and leaves a pleasant feeling as it goes down the hatch. So drink up you IPA lovers.!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
BostonFox (26) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - MAR 8, 2009
Enjoyed on the patio at the brewery. Looks great - smells better; pine, malt and big cascade hop presenece. Flavor is much the same as aroma. Extremely well balanced and 6.9% is well hidden - until about half way through your 3rd pint I found. One of the best (actually probably the best) American style I.P.A.s.. Could we get this in Ontario please?

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
mmbt7 (26) - Moorhead, Minnesota, USA - APR 13, 2009
Wonderful beer. About the best IPA that I have ever graced my mouth with. Thanks Stone, yet another Fantastic brew!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Hugerat99 (25) - USA - JAN 31, 2002
This is a truly fantastic IPA for those who love a strong, lasting hop presence, and at nearly 7% ABV it doesnít lose any drinkability.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
WABeerChick (25) - Seattle, Washington, USA - FEB 26, 2004
So, maybe it is because I've been spoiled by the NW Style IPA, but I can't help but feel like this beer is so average. The color was really nice, but the love that makes up an IPA is all filtered out. It smelled pretty medicinal, it tasted bottled, maybe a little old. It wasn't bad, just wasn't great. I think I'll stick with Arrogant Bastard the next time I go for a Stone beer.