overall

RATINGS: 3503   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.97   EST. CALORIES: 207   ABV: 6.9%
Look up "hops" in the dictionary and you’ll see a picture of Stone IPA! "Dry-hopped" for an extra two weeks, this unique process gives our IPA its bountiful hop aroma and rich hop flavor. A full 70+ IBUs (International Bitterness Units) creates this beer’s crisp and refreshing bitter character.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
snowdog (6) - USA - JUL 19, 2003 does not count
Stone Brewing has yet to fail to impress me. This is probably the best IPA that I have ever had. An in your face kind of hoppiness that you rarely find, even in other IPA's.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
tbissell99 (6) - San Diego, California, USA - JUL 23, 2002 does not count

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
redbeard (6) - Eugene, Oregon, USA - APR 17, 2007 does not count
Hops and sweet citrus aroma. Flavor is crisp, whispering apples and oranges, moderately acidic with just enough hops punch. Nice creamy, assertive texture. Highly drinkable.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
adam7679 (6) - Ringgold, Georgia, USA - SEP 14, 2007 does not count
This is one of my all time favorite IPA’s. My only other favorite is DFH 90 minute. I love a robust IPA. This beer is hoppy, but not overly hopped like some cheap IPA’s. The aroma, and the head are perfect for a beer like this. Stone certainly lives up to its reputation.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
OmEyeGuinness99 (5) - USA - NOV 3, 2002 does not count

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
maxwillis (5) - Prescott, Arizona, USA - DEC 7, 2003 does not count
hoppy hoppy hoppy. got love those hops. I wonder if it is some nice casscade hops that give it a citrus flavor. One of my favorite IPA's.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
BlondeBush (5) - Texas, USA - NOV 25, 2004 does not count
Purchased this one from the brewery--- they filled my growler right from the tap. Such a fun way to get your beer! Beautiful, reddish-golden ale with a light lacy head. Strong hoppy character as advertised, with excellent balance of flavors. Unique and totally drinkable.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Texans0743 (5) - Sugar Land, Texas, USA - APR 6, 2005 does not count
Oh yeah.. this is one hoppy beer. Cool and refreshing the whole time. Not much of a bite though, which I love. The aftertaste is bittersweet, rich with hops. It’s almost a perfumy taste at the very end. Very unusual, but good. Not something I would drink too much of in one sitting, a little too rich for my blood.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Sandyneck (5) - Berne, New York, USA - NOV 9, 2006 does not count
Bottle. A small head when poured into a pint glass. Excellent aroma. A bit of bite to it when first sipped...possibly due to the carbonation. High citrus and a bit of pine taste. Very drinkable IPA. Overall and excellent IPA, although not as complex in flavor as Dogfish Head.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
mellowmoose (5) - Oregon, USA - NOV 3, 2001 does not count
I can honestly say this is one of the best beers on the planet. The aroma is pure earthiness. The taste is pure nirvana. If I had to choose one beer to drink for the rest of my life, I would chose Stone IPA!