overall

RATINGS: 3520   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.97   EST. CALORIES: 207   ABV: 6.9%
Look up "hops" in the dictionary and you’ll see a picture of Stone IPA! "Dry-hopped" for an extra two weeks, this unique process gives our IPA its bountiful hop aroma and rich hop flavor. A full 70+ IBUs (International Bitterness Units) creates this beer’s crisp and refreshing bitter character.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
tbissell99 (6) - San Diego, California, USA - JUL 23, 2002 does not count

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
snowdog (6) - USA - JUL 19, 2003 does not count
Stone Brewing has yet to fail to impress me. This is probably the best IPA that I have ever had. An in your face kind of hoppiness that you rarely find, even in other IPA's.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Loweeel (6) - USA - FEB 9, 2004 does not count
The best IPA I've tried, and the first I've ever really liked. Beautiful color, although the head didn't last as long as I would have liked. As with most Stone brews, the closer I got to the bottom of the glass, the more I enjoyed it.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
omestes (6) - Flagstaff, Arizona, USA - MAY 15, 2004 does not count
This is my favorite beer. The hops, lord this has the best hoppy taste ever, very complicated, multilayered. Head is great.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
hiphoppy (6) - USA - APR 7, 2006 does not count
From a 12oz bottle .nice pour. . light sweet citrus tatse.. very drinkable. soft bitterness at the end.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
zweiterlinde (6) - USA - NOV 20, 2006 does not count
A good but not outstanding IPA. The aroma is good: hoppy, but not strongly so. The hops dominate the flavor, leading to a crisp finish. The greatest weakness is that it seems rather thin up front; malt richness not present. A little more malt would greatly improve this beer.

tribrewer (6) - California, USA - JAN 29, 2007 does not count
I really enjoyed this beer. I thought the bitterness was perfect and it had a great aroma to it, however I agree with the previous rater that is did have a strange/off after taste.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
redbeard (6) - Eugene, Oregon, USA - APR 17, 2007 does not count
Hops and sweet citrus aroma. Flavor is crisp, whispering apples and oranges, moderately acidic with just enough hops punch. Nice creamy, assertive texture. Highly drinkable.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
adam7679 (6) - Ringgold, Georgia, USA - SEP 14, 2007 does not count
This is one of my all time favorite IPA’s. My only other favorite is DFH 90 minute. I love a robust IPA. This beer is hoppy, but not overly hopped like some cheap IPA’s. The aroma, and the head are perfect for a beer like this. Stone certainly lives up to its reputation.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
MWalkerAU (6) - Homewood, Alabama, USA - JUL 13, 2013 does not count
This is a nice blending of Belgian style with a good IPA. You get a nice aroma of fruit then a good taste of hops. Very good overall. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone