RATINGS: 3660   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.97   IBU: 77   EST. CALORIES: 207   ABV: 6.9%
Bottle and keg: Filtered
Launched: August 1997
Hops: Magnum, Chinook & Centennial
By definition, an India Pale Ale is hoppier and higher in alcohol than its little brother, pale ale-and we deliver in spades. Now one of the most well respected and best-selling IPAs in the country, this golden beauty explodes with citrusy flavor and hop aromas, all perfectly balanced by a subtle malt character. This crisp, extra hoppy brew is hugely refreshing on a hot day, but will always deliver no matter when you choose to drink it.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
flyindog (14) - USA - APR 22, 2005
One of the best IPAs I’ve ever had!!! Not overpoweringly hoppy, just the right amount of hops for this type of beer. also gets you drunk right quick lol.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
hopheadjohn (14) - Manasquan, New Jersey, USA - OCT 9, 2006
Outstanding IPA. Pours a orange(ish) coppery gold color. Not much of a noticable nose. Floral citrus flavor goes a long way. Somwhat sweet, but tart hoppy finish is memorable. A Home Run.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
maverick5623 (14) - santa barbara, California, USA - JAN 25, 2007
IPA with a maltee maltee comparison to other nonmalt IPAs out there, defiante dimmension, not tooo bitter as well nioce good IPA creeemeee mouthfeel

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
doormouse (14) - Hastings on Hudson, New York, USA - MAY 26, 2007
On draft, amber pour with a nice white head. Smells of pine, hops, and a little sweetness. Taste was surprisingly mellow, not as hoppy as they would have you believe. Nice mellow flavor, easy drinking beer. A fine I.P.A. that doesn’t kill you with the hops.

FrigidRoses (14) - USA - JUL 16, 2009
UPDATED: JUL 27, 2009 Beautiful golden brew with tons of lacing. Hoppy with a dry bitter ending. Not overly carbonated making it easy to have a few of these in an evening. Not my favorite IPA but one of the better ones.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
eyelovebeer (14) - Alabama, USA - MAY 28, 2010
Bottle. Was EXTREMELY fresh. Almost an ammonia-cat piss smell and taste to the hops. Can say that it could stand to calm down for a couple weeks. Still not bad at all

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Almeter, The Aryan God of Beer (13) - USA - SEP 27, 2001
I usually dont buy too many IPAs or American brews...but this is probably the best IPA I have had. Very good.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
DamnGoodBeer99 (13) - Shingle Springs, California, USA - MAR 5, 2002
I had just decided earlier that IPA’s available in 12 oz bottles were probably dominated by the great tasting Bridgeport and Big Daddy (Speakeasy). Then, I had Stones IPA.Great Stuff from the first to the last sip and a ’Hop’ saturation that I found very satisfying. I also liked not being able to single out the alcohol (like some other hopped-up Ipa’s and Double Ipa’s). I’d actually give this a ’20’ but then I’d probably never buy any other. Even the bottle looked cool. Congratulations Stone, on a terrific IPA.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Tycho (13) - USA - APR 23, 2004
UPDATED: JAN 27, 2006 Very hoppy, with citric overtones. The bitterness is prevalent but well balanced.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Ramones79 (13) - perryville, Missouri, USA - JUL 16, 2004
UPDATED: OCT 12, 2004 I am thankful I can find this beer easily. It has an awesome citrus and floral aroma. The taste is quite bitter and easy to sip on. This stuff is addictive and I will continue to purchase this! RERATE : Had this again tonight oh yeah baby, better than I thought!