overall

RATINGS: 3762   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.97/5   IBU: 77   EST. CALORIES: 207   ABV: 6.9%
Bottle and keg: Filtered
Launched: August 1997
Hops: Magnum, Chinook & Centennial
By definition, an India Pale Ale is hoppier and higher in alcohol than its little brother, pale ale-and we deliver in spades. Now one of the most well respected and best-selling IPAs in the country, this golden beauty explodes with citrusy flavor and hop aromas, all perfectly balanced by a subtle malt character. This crisp, extra hoppy brew is hugely refreshing on a hot day, but will always deliver no matter when you choose to drink it.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
LJBrewing (22) - Anchorage, Alaska, USA - JUL 15, 2005
This is a good american IPA. The aroma is very nice and I love the orange-tint to color. It just looks like it will taste good. A funny thing on my first bottle, I could have sworn a slight diacetyl flavor(butterscotch) in the background. I tried the second bottle (which is what I am rating today) and it was not there?? Maybe a faulty batch on the first one? Otherwise this is a good IPA from Stone who usually mucks up beers with bravado and stupidity (see ruination and arrogant bastard ales)

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
beanwiggin (22) - California, USA - FEB 14, 2006
nice taste and a great finish! this stone is exceptional for all occasions and may be a reasonable substitute for those picnic days when everyone else is drinking, dare i say, light beers.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
NextBestThing (22) - Westtown, New York, USA - OCT 28, 2008
Pours a clear brilliant orange with zero sediment. Medium head. Citrus hops with possibly the best finish on any IPA out there, at least any I have ever have ever tried. Beautifully, actually perfectly, blended IPA with just enough malt backbone to distinguish it from unnecessarily overhopped brews. I love this stuff. Glad it’s so easy to find. Bravo.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
ownch411 (21) - USA - JUL 8, 2009
Good stuff! I really like this one more than the Ruination. Good hop flavor but not at all overpowering.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
beerandmath (21) - Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 21, 2011
A great beer I picked up in a mix-and-match pack. I am usually rather fond of IPA’s.

chinreallyfat (21) - Chula Vista, California, USA - OCT 30, 2004
After many years of searching I have found the perfect IPA. Hoppy, Dry, Powerful but really easy to drink. Outstanding with Italian food. Great with everything else, even Ice cream. It is really easy to consume more than is safe.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Guitarsessions (21) - Crestline, California, USA - JAN 30, 2005
First IPA. Pours into a light amber. Foamy head that is gone after a few sips. Nice bitter hoppy flavor. Very nice. Not a mouth feel I like... but it is ok. All in all... a good beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
isamublue (21) - Huntington Beach, California, USA - MAY 2, 2006
12 oz bottle. Excellent amber color. Floral and hoppy aroma. I found the floral overtones a bit too overwhelming. Not my favorite IPA, but still a darn good beer.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
casper78 (21) - bakersfield, California, USA - MAY 28, 2006
Bottle 1pint 6 ozs. From the moment you crack this beer the hop hit your nose. Awesome hoppy flavor with great hop bitterness. Stone know what they are doing. This is a kick ass IPA!!!!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
RoboHop (21) - Chester Springs, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 8, 2007
UPDATED: APR 11, 2007 Possibly the most unique "single" IPA. The aroma and flavor are the most flowery of any IPA I’ve tried. It also has a crispness not apparent in most IPA’s. I wasn’t sure what to make of it at first, but by the end of my first one, I was hooked.