overall

RATINGS: 3461   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.97   EST. CALORIES: 207   ABV: 6.9%
Look up "hops" in the dictionary and you’ll see a picture of Stone IPA! "Dry-hopped" for an extra two weeks, this unique process gives our IPA its bountiful hop aroma and rich hop flavor. A full 70+ IBUs (International Bitterness Units) creates this beer’s crisp and refreshing bitter character.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
36ls (2) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - SEP 10, 2007 does not count
A very lovely beer, but for me it takes a back seat to the Arrogant Bastard.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
CBone99 (1) - USA - MAY 28, 2002 does not count
Hopheads’ heaven. Attractive aroma and appearance, rewarding taste and attitude adjustment.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
il2dune99 (1) - vista, California, USA - DEC 20, 2002 does not count

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
JasonParr99 (1) - California, USA - DEC 20, 2002 does not count

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Mully (1) - Indiana, USA - APR 5, 2003 does not count
Even an angry 19 year old waitress couldn't mess up the pour enough to effect the head on this beer! This is a great looking IPA. When I 'taste' a beer, I drink it in a special way. I take it in fully allowing it to roll completely over my tongue, and down my throat. I then immediately exhale through my nose giving the aroma and the flavor a second chance to show their stuff. The flavor is nice and hoppy. I also catch a bitter flavor wrapped up in there. I love this beer. It has a great drinkiblity that makes you 10th pint as fun as your 1st. Stone makes a super IPA!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 9/20
robertmorrison (1) - Sudbury, Massachusetts, USA - NOV 20, 2003 does not count
It's very refined, but almost too "warm" around the edges. The clear taste is superb, but not acidic enough for me. It needs more "edge".

michelleduh (1) - Lake Elsinore, California, USA - SEP 4, 2004 does not count
GOOD BEER--- BUUUUUURP . Thank You sir may I have another and another and another.... has a little kick and a lot of taste. one of my personal faves....

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
ncreep24 (1) - USA - NOV 14, 2004 does not count
The first word that comes to mind when imbibing this wonderful beer is power. Everything about it screams "more". Its hard to believe a beer that is so hoppy can be so well balanced and malty. The mouth feel is incredible as each bite, er...umm. drink is absolutely filled with richness and delight. A true to style IPA that could only have been made with an American Flare.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
flredsox (1) - USA - FEB 8, 2005 does not count
A well crafted beer. From the Head, Color and Aroma to the great taste. Great balance. I sometimes find the hops overwhelming the body in many IPAs. One quibble is that I prefer East Kent goulding Hops. Currently, though, this is my favoite IPA. Pizza Port’s Frank’s Double IPA is competition. Oh, one other thing, this is DRY, although you won’t know it till you get up off the Bar Stool.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
diederic (1) - CANADA - JUN 4, 2005 does not count
Bitter, bitter. Just past my bitter limit, I stress just. I knew going in that this should be expected. Good flavour and aroma. Still a very good beer. I would like to try this with different food to get a better sense of the beer.