RATINGS: 3925   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.96/5   IBU: 77   EST. CALORIES: 207   ABV: 6.9%
Bottle and keg: Filtered
Launched: August 1997
Hops: Magnum, Chinook & Centennial
By definition, an India Pale Ale is hoppier and higher in alcohol than its little brother, pale ale-and we deliver in spades. Now one of the most well respected and best-selling IPAs in the country, this golden beauty explodes with citrusy flavor and hop aromas, all perfectly balanced by a subtle malt character. This crisp, extra hoppy brew is hugely refreshing on a hot day, but will always deliver no matter when you choose to drink it.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
mgmike4 (30) - valencia, California, USA - AUG 16, 2006
bottle: amazing...strong hop aroma with scents of pine and citrus. the flavor is near perfect. It has strong hop flavors but not very bitter...very smooth finish...a truely balanced ipa.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
joeyp (30) - Alabama, USA - OCT 20, 2006
raisiny and citrusy in scent aminimal head, white foam, and golden in appearance. I think I can taste a hint of grapefruit also

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
EValP (30) - Colorado, USA - NOV 16, 2006
UPDATED: NOV 17, 2006 Great off-white frothy head lasting a good part of the beer. Clear sparkling body but did notice tiny body particles and a thin density. Brilliant amber IPA coloring convinced me to drink.

Heavy hops aroma, slight lemon but more grapefruit/orange; quite like a fruit punch. Light yeast aroma that I thought was a bit meaty, more so as I finishes the glass. Initially lightly sweet and acidic, this IPA finishes with the acidity elevating to a moderate bite and lasts quite short. Fairly full bodied as it is an IPA and a bit dry but has a lively carbonation. This a very good IPA even though it left a slight metallic feel in the mouth.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
degrassi (30) - cypress, California, USA - JUL 21, 2007
UPDATED: JUL 22, 2007 The first time i had this beer I was at a park and didn’t have a bottle opener. I popped the top using the side of my car and it started shooting out so naturally I put my mouth at the end of the bottle to waste as little as possible. As I began to chug, I realized I had a new favorite beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
HeadieNugget (30) - Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 25, 2009
awesome ipa!! could put this stuff on i.v..very hoppy bite but not to the point of turpentine.one of the cleanest tasteing ipa iv ever had.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Outchillen (29) - Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 8, 2008
This is my hands down favorite for an IPA. This was the first IPA I liked and helped me to like others. Great golden orange color, great aroma. one of the best. great job Stone’s

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
ghett0yeti (29) - Chandler, Arizona, USA - APR 7, 2005
This is great. It hurts me to say but, Ale Smith is slightly better, but this is fantastic.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
ghunte02 (29) - Havertown, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 27, 2006
well hopped of course but not a pucker up ipa. nice aroma of pine, citrus. sharp bite in the finish. nice burnt orange collor w/ soft white head. good brew

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
Dynamind69 (29) - San Miguel, California, USA - MAR 23, 2007
UPDATED: JUL 16, 2007 This is the last IPA I will try ,I hate them,way ,way too much hops,why bother putting in malts? just brew the hops so some idiots can enjoy a super bitter brew to think they’re a real men by drinking it.Just Stupid.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
littlefelix (29) - Santa Clarita, California, USA - APR 20, 2007
Until I discoved the AleSmith IPA, this was my favorite. And sometimes I still choose this over the AleSmith. This diserves it’s famousness.