overall

RATINGS: 3435   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.97   EST. CALORIES: 207   ABV: 6.9%
Look up "hops" in the dictionary and you’ll see a picture of Stone IPA! "Dry-hopped" for an extra two weeks, this unique process gives our IPA its bountiful hop aroma and rich hop flavor. A full 70+ IBUs (International Bitterness Units) creates this beer’s crisp and refreshing bitter character.

chinreallyfat (21) - Chula Vista, California, USA - OCT 30, 2004
After many years of searching I have found the perfect IPA. Hoppy, Dry, Powerful but really easy to drink. Outstanding with Italian food. Great with everything else, even Ice cream. It is really easy to consume more than is safe.

excel (3) - nabb, Indiana, USA - FEB 17, 2005 does not count
simply the best beer i have ever had thus far. i love the sweet taste at the beginning of each taste, but that is followed by an even better hoppy favor that i simply love. the best.

darkstar (69) - Eureka, Missouri, USA - MAY 15, 2005
Received courtesy of my friend Sal Paradise from hawkeyenation.com This is heaven. Perfect IPA. Two Hearted Ale is the best I can get around here, but this is better. Floral scent. Grapefruit and pine. Wish I could get this all the time here in St. Louis.

LtJudge (468) - Muskego, Wisconsin, USA - SEP 15, 2005
UPDATED: SEP 17, 2005 Poured a light amber color with a small head.Big hop/malty aroma.First sip,WOW!Wonderful fresh,crisp hop flavor with a hint of malt and a great bitter aftertaste.I wish I could get this by me all the time!

peterdi (1) - Mill Valley, California, USA - SEP 18, 2005 does not count
I was intimated by the postings of the lofty critiques: “fresh”, “citrus”, “solid”, “slightly richer for my taste but that is a very small qualm”. The Stone IPA is simply better than I can make and better than any I have tasted in the USA, Europe and Asia.

hopshopshops (4) - napoleon, Ohio, USA - NOV 26, 2005 does not count
The best beer I’ve ever tasted hands down. The perfect amount of hoppy bitterness. I love this beer.

jimrockford (56) - San Diego, California, USA - MAR 28, 2006
This is the litmus test for SD IPAs. Perfect hop flavor with the malt side of the coin. If I were to make an IPA this is it Orange pour Pnie spice lavender type of hop aroma and carmel balance. Pillar of an IPA

GreatLibations (1854) - Last Supper, Arizona, USA - MAY 22, 2006
UPDATED: SEP 6, 2007 Pours golden w/ full, semi creamy, spattered froth. Hangtime is good reducing to a partial dusty canopy w/ a few spattered islands. A nice fluffy ring is persistant. Aromas of brisk flowery hops and just slightly malty. Medium nectar w/ ample residual effers creates a semi creamy texture. This brew is bold, sharp, and forthcoming yet very well blanced. The hop profile is so fresh and inviting yet slaps me in the face as I walk through the door. Very brisk and free like a savage butterfly. The malt component is like a wallflower. It just blends in beautifully. Big citrus rind lingers on the finish turning to asprin and digging in deep. Overall: this IPA is amoung the elite. Brisk, fresh, clean, and leaves a lasting impression. Highly recommended.

sbaz040 (39) - phoenix, Arizona, USA - JUN 11, 2006
it tastes like it was made with love. cant taste the alcohol at all. strong smell and taste of fruit. i didnt think it was that bitter. great on a hot day.

efx63 (1) - USA - JUN 23, 2006 does not count
best beer EVER...PERIOD. the aroma is perfect, and the bitterness is just right. my boss told me about this, and i tracked it down, and i dont think ill ever look back. the worlds MOST perfect I.P.A