overall

RATINGS: 3476   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.97   EST. CALORIES: 207   ABV: 6.9%
Look up "hops" in the dictionary and you’ll see a picture of Stone IPA! "Dry-hopped" for an extra two weeks, this unique process gives our IPA its bountiful hop aroma and rich hop flavor. A full 70+ IBUs (International Bitterness Units) creates this beer’s crisp and refreshing bitter character.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
mogo (38) - California, USA - JUN 19, 2002
Never been an IPA fan, so I can’t say I cared for the hoppy aroma much at all. Nevertheless, I found it very fresh and drinkable.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Vac (2445) - San Diego, California, USA - MAY 29, 2003
UPDATED: MAY 7, 2008 Golden body topped by a thick white lasting head with good lace. Sweet hoppy aroma wtih a lemony character. Great aroma. Sweet and fruity hop flavor with a slight lemony character. Medium bodied and slightly dry.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
DragonStout (1408) - Pickerington, Ohio, USA - JUL 13, 2003
Hoppy city.Nothing but hops and malt.I really don't know what else to say about it.I really didn' care for it as much as everyone else.Overall it was not terrible with a bitter finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Oakes (12723) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - AUG 17, 2003
UPDATED: JUL 23, 2006 Orangey-gold colour. Rich woody nose with orange, toast, peach, kumquat. Long hoppy palate, some biscuity pale malts. Standard issue stuff, moderate bitterness and a bit fruitier and more approachable than most examples.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
sloth (2502) - Ceciltucky, Co., Maryland, USA - AUG 24, 2003
Firm white head, short lived. Hazy orange/gold color. Spotty laceing. Clean, piney, resiny nose. Medium body. Aromas roll over into the flavor dept., with some minimal maltiness backing them up. Finish is dry. I expected more from this brew, top 50 material? I think not. Good brew but the Victory Hop Devil kicks the Stone gargoyles ass! In this case anyway.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Ringo (963) - Loveland, Colorado, USA - NOV 8, 2003
Hoppy brew for hopheads, I liked it but I could not drink a lot of it, too hoppy for my tastes.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 9/20
robertmorrison (1) - Sudbury, Massachusetts, USA - NOV 20, 2003 does not count
It's very refined, but almost too "warm" around the edges. The clear taste is superb, but not acidic enough for me. It needs more "edge".

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Brew4Dug (138) - Houston, Texas, USA - JAN 2, 2004
Hoppy as any exmaple that is available on the market today. The overall strength of hops somewhat takes over the the other subtle flavors that show as it crosses the palate. Overall it is a definite "must try" for any fan of the style, but unbalanced overall.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
NDmullet (208) - South Bend, Indiana, USA - FEB 8, 2003
UPDATED: FEB 9, 2003 Reddish-orange, mostly clear (filtered?), disappearing head and light carbonation. Aroma is equal parts sugary malt, sort of like pound cake, and citric hoppiniess that is lightly acidic. The flavor profile is dominated by a pungent, sharp bitterness. There's a bit of malt sweetness here I think, but more in the needle-in-a-haystack sense. Rather harsh and reminiscent of bile. The aromatic hops are quite nice, and I'm pleasantly reminded of the Arrogant Bastard, but I find this too acidic and bitter to be all that enjoyable. I actually prefer the Ruination to this one.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
microdyke (360) - Portland, Oregon, USA - FEB 24, 2003
Aroma was hoppy with some citrus. A hoppy flavor with a touch of caramel when warmed. It has a hint of pine. The color was golden with a small bubbly head. This is well balanced, but I have many IPA I enjoy more.