overall

RATINGS: 3420   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.97   EST. CALORIES: 207   ABV: 6.9%
Look up "hops" in the dictionary and you’ll see a picture of Stone IPA! "Dry-hopped" for an extra two weeks, this unique process gives our IPA its bountiful hop aroma and rich hop flavor. A full 70+ IBUs (International Bitterness Units) creates this beer’s crisp and refreshing bitter character.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
MMM...Beer (385) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - MAR 17, 2002
Well, I didn’t hate this beer, but it definitely wasn’t my favorite IPA.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
JFGrind (1833) - Glenside, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 28, 2003
There is a difference in West & East Coast brewing styles. This IPA has all the features of a West Coast IPA I expect.

redlem (1301) - Ohio, USA - AUG 1, 2003
Clear amber with a reddish tinge color. Medium/large creamy white lasting head. Crisp, fresh, candy apple like aroma( very similiar to their Vertical Epic 03). Notes of caramel, lime, and sweet malt. A creamy malt taste with a drying bitterness. A little too sweet for for, I prefer the Ruiniation.

Sickboy282 (1115) - San Diego, California, USA - FEB 12, 2004
As much as I love stone, this beer seems over-rated. Pours a medium amber with small white head. Flavors are of a basic IPA, floral, citrus, a little sour and light on the palate.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
WABeerChick (25) - Seattle, Washington, USA - FEB 26, 2004
So, maybe it is because I've been spoiled by the NW Style IPA, but I can't help but feel like this beer is so average. The color was really nice, but the love that makes up an IPA is all filtered out. It smelled pretty medicinal, it tasted bottled, maybe a little old. It wasn't bad, just wasn't great. I think I'll stick with Arrogant Bastard the next time I go for a Stone beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Cornboy (424) - Eastampton, New Jersey, USA - MAY 23, 2004
Pours golden clear with a small white head. Aroma is pure hops as expected, but this one does not impress me. Grapefruit rind and hops in the taste. Good, but not great.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Guitarsessions (21) - Crestline, California, USA - JAN 30, 2005
First IPA. Pours into a light amber. Foamy head that is gone after a few sips. Nice bitter hoppy flavor. Very nice. Not a mouth feel I like... but it is ok. All in all... a good beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Joeh (2038) - Buckinghamshire, ENGLAND - FEB 1, 2005
UPDATED: APR 20, 2006 Bottle at Chris_o’s, thanks to joet for bringing it. Tryed just after Great Divide Titan IPA, this was sweeter but still very hoppy, with a pile of piney American hops. A bit better balanced than the Titan, but not so great. My first San Diego beer is fairly impressive.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
lordwunjo (46) - California, USA - APR 4, 2005
HOPS!! This beer is full of it, the flavor of the hops is almost overwhelming, but very tasty. Don’t drink too much or you’ll be sorry!

mcnally (114) - Burbank, California, USA - APR 12, 2006
This was my first IPA and this made quite an impression. Strong aroma of hops. I like the pour, a bright orangish, amber color with an off-white head that diminished to a decent lacing. Someone described the taste as lemony, and I guess that about hits the main notes of this beer’s flavor. I wasn’t crazy about it at first, but as I got towards the end of my bottle, I quite enjoyed it. And although the alchohol is not prevalent in the taste, I was feeling it pretty strongly by the end of the pint and a half.