overall

RATINGS: 3425   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.97   EST. CALORIES: 207   ABV: 6.9%
Look up "hops" in the dictionary and youíll see a picture of Stone IPA! "Dry-hopped" for an extra two weeks, this unique process gives our IPA its bountiful hop aroma and rich hop flavor. A full 70+ IBUs (International Bitterness Units) creates this beerís crisp and refreshing bitter character.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
MMM...Beer (385) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - MAR 17, 2002
Well, I didnít hate this beer, but it definitely wasnít my favorite IPA.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
JFGrind (1834) - Glenside, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 28, 2003
There is a difference in West & East Coast brewing styles. This IPA has all the features of a West Coast IPA I expect.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
redlem (1301) - Ohio, USA - AUG 1, 2003
Clear amber with a reddish tinge color. Medium/large creamy white lasting head. Crisp, fresh, candy apple like aroma( very similiar to their Vertical Epic 03). Notes of caramel, lime, and sweet malt. A creamy malt taste with a drying bitterness. A little too sweet for for, I prefer the Ruiniation.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Sickboy282 (1115) - San Diego, California, USA - FEB 12, 2004
As much as I love stone, this beer seems over-rated. Pours a medium amber with small white head. Flavors are of a basic IPA, floral, citrus, a little sour and light on the palate.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
WABeerChick (25) - Seattle, Washington, USA - FEB 26, 2004
So, maybe it is because I've been spoiled by the NW Style IPA, but I can't help but feel like this beer is so average. The color was really nice, but the love that makes up an IPA is all filtered out. It smelled pretty medicinal, it tasted bottled, maybe a little old. It wasn't bad, just wasn't great. I think I'll stick with Arrogant Bastard the next time I go for a Stone beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Cornboy (424) - Eastampton, New Jersey, USA - MAY 23, 2004
Pours golden clear with a small white head. Aroma is pure hops as expected, but this one does not impress me. Grapefruit rind and hops in the taste. Good, but not great.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Guitarsessions (21) - Crestline, California, USA - JAN 30, 2005
First IPA. Pours into a light amber. Foamy head that is gone after a few sips. Nice bitter hoppy flavor. Very nice. Not a mouth feel I like... but it is ok. All in all... a good beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
MaBeer1972 (1262) - Taunton, Massachusetts, USA - JUL 16, 2003
This seems to be a very competetive category - the IPA. Stone IPA? The best word I can think of to describe the taste, without being too techincal, is "flowery"!!! It tastes like someone dunked a bouquette of intense lilacs into my beer! However, I will admit, unlike some other IPA's I have tried, (again this is not my favorite style of beer), it's definately drinkable. -At 6.9% ABV, it's got a little KICK too. Definately Unique stuff.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
JorisPPattyn (7796) - Antwerpen, BELGIUM - SEP 29, 2003
(draught) Pale gold. Rather dense, slim head, yellowish. Nose like a freshly opened bale of hops. Unrefined, lager-like malt under harsh metallic hops-taste. Medium bodied. Aftertaste is again - just more hops. This is not bad, but, by Jove, beer has to be more than just hops on steroids.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
steview (1018) - San Francisco, California, USA - SEP 22, 2004
UPDATED: SEP 23, 2004 from the bomber into the glass / thanks kevin! / looks a little soapy, but itís smooth, clean (at first), and juicy. floralness and grapefruit dominate. amarillo in this? not sure. suprisingly, itís not that bitter; perhaps my palate has been assualted from something, but thereís definitely something sweet about this. the richness within this is a little stomach twister. i think this rating was done at a slightly inappropriate time. in the end of it all, the aftertaste is a bit dry and chalky. not bad, though. maybe it's because i recently had some gumballhead on tap, but i find this comparable to gumballhead and i prefer gumballhead.