overall

RATINGS: 3433   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.97   EST. CALORIES: 207   ABV: 6.9%
Look up "hops" in the dictionary and youíll see a picture of Stone IPA! "Dry-hopped" for an extra two weeks, this unique process gives our IPA its bountiful hop aroma and rich hop flavor. A full 70+ IBUs (International Bitterness Units) creates this beerís crisp and refreshing bitter character.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
NephrenKa (27) - Ft. Collins, Colorado, USA - JUL 17, 2006
Iím a huge fan of Stone, and their Ruination IPA is probably my favorite beer, period. But I felt this let me down a little. *Head* - thin, sparkling *Color* - Transparent, a blush amber *Nose* - Powerful acidity in high tones, bittersweet, bearish, with a hint of sourness. *1st Impression* - smooth and sweet before the hops charges in. Unusually "sparkly" sensation on the tongue, very crisp. *Middle* - roaring surge of hops, gentle decay. *After* - diminishes too rapidly after the glorious middle, but this quality adds to smoothness and drinkability. *Overall* - This beer didnít quite live up to my expectations. It was very enjoyable for 80% of the experience, but the ending left me longing for more. This is a great beer, but I felt a little disappointed.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
alexanderj (3298) - Gilbert, Arizona, USA - DEC 30, 2006
On Draft. Wasnít a big fan of this. My friend who was drinking it with me said he had had it before and it tasted much better previously. Maybe I had a bad batch, will rerate later. But the sample I had was very flavorless; some hop presence, but very watery.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
bager (2121) - Copenhagen N, DENMARK - APR 23, 2007
Bottled. Hazy golden coloured with a small head. Hoppy with notes of citrus, fruits and yeasts. A bit thin and mild.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
bassbuckeye (81) - Ohio, USA - JAN 28, 2008
Not what I like in an IPA...It starts out ok then fizzles. Doesnt leave that nice hop finish....but I drank it all.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
beersearcher (2315) - Glendale, California, USA - DEC 1, 2009
Crisp with a definite cereal taste. Hops have only a medium bite . color is dark yellow. The flavors do not linger much on the tongue. A starter Stone beer for sure.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
icehawk (834) - Mount Pleasant, South Carolina, USA - MAR 13, 2011
UPDATED: MAR 19, 2011 Floral nose and finish at first... aftertaste eventually mutes the balanced floral taste for me turning it almost "soapy". Medium, bitter aftertaste with long staying power. Draft, 12oz pint glass.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
mwbrady12 (469) - Winston Salem, North Carolina, USA - JUL 1, 2012
Soft aroma and basic appearance but very balanced hoppy taste and satisfying mouthfeel. Easy drinking beer! ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
raymow (798) - Bensalem, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 17, 2003
While IPA's are not my favorite, this one was pretty good. Stone seems to make some good beers.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
bac080 (398) - Bloomington, Illinois, USA - JUN 11, 2003
Damn that's a lot of hops. Reminds me of Victory's HopsDevil but without all the nasty spices.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
aspidites (1272) - manteca, California, USA - MAR 4, 2005
not near enough hops this si a pale ale not an IPA. the malt presence is gone almost immediately and the hops right after. The worst of the STONE beers in my opinion, and I am a fan of their beers.