overall

RATINGS: 3435   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.97   EST. CALORIES: 207   ABV: 6.9%
Look up "hops" in the dictionary and youíll see a picture of Stone IPA! "Dry-hopped" for an extra two weeks, this unique process gives our IPA its bountiful hop aroma and rich hop flavor. A full 70+ IBUs (International Bitterness Units) creates this beerís crisp and refreshing bitter character.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
rmalloy (199) - los angeles, California, USA - JAN 27, 2002
I guess Iíll be the only ísissyí reviewer. There comes a point where less is more. This beer is way past that point to my tastes.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
theshocker (329) - Marietta, Georgia, USA - MAY 8, 2007
I looked up hops and there was no picture of Stone IPA :(. Hazy dark yellow, big white head. Aroma is different, floral and citrus, with a touch of cheese. The cheese isnít a major thing, but just a minor flaw I noticed. Overall its an invited aroma. The first sip reveals a somewhat thin, bitter beer. Iím not loving the aftertaste. Iím prefer some more malt in a beer this big. Iím going to have to disagree with the majority here, I think this is a pretty week showing from a great brewery. I find AB, Old guardian, and ruination far more interesting.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
uhclem (360) - Loveland, Colorado, USA - MAY 21, 2008
I was truly surprised. This did not even come close to my expectations of a Stone ale. Simply a pedestrian IPA.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 12/20
gilvanblight (771) - Windsor, Ontario, CANADA - NOV 28, 2008
Amber pour with a thick and foamy head. Oddly sweet scent. Very distinct and unique taste. A mike of corn like sweetness and bitter hops. Tates unbalanced to me. Interesting but I’m not a fan.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
ericnixon (738) - Portland, Oregon, USA - JUN 14, 2003
UPDATED: JUL 13, 2003 So, i buy this yesterday and my brother says it'd be the perfect beer to rate for my 100th beer. he said it's one of the most amazing beers made and i guess it is by looking at the scores on here. too bad i think it's kinda crappy. i like the painted label. i like the color (nice golden with ambery hues). the smell was a bit whatevery. then the taste... first i have to preface it by saying that i love hoppy beers and bitter beers, but whatever good hoppy/bittery taste it has was completely overshadowed by this awful lingering aftertaste. it was so awful that i had to go brush my teeth (twice) and when that didn't kill the taste, i did a shot (or was it three?) of Jim Beam. Yuk! (on a sidenote, my brother says it isn't the freshest Stone IPA he's every had)

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Ratman197 (9550) - Arvada, Colorado, USA - SEP 3, 2005
Bottle poured a clear golden yellow with a white head leaving behind brussels lace. Aromas of carmel, bread and a bit of citrus. Good crisp mouthfeel. Flavors of carmel and mildly bitter citrus. Not the best IPA Ive had, but better than their Ruination.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
Jwasciuk (198) - Lowell, Michigan, USA - DEC 5, 2006
pours clear and light amber. Average rocky white head. Aroma; nothing other than cascade hops. Grapefruit and pine. I smell no malt or yeast. Flavor is lightly sweet and heavily bitter again the grapefruit dominates. Finish is long, infact I can still feel/taset it hours later. Light to medium bodied creamy and softly carbonated. Every time I drink a stone beer I wake up with a massive headache. Dont knowif thats normal of not. If you like sour grapefruit then you love this stuff.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
rowefam3 (70) - kendallville, Indiana, USA - MAR 1, 2008
This has to be the most overated beer I have ever tasted. Almost no aroma. Looks not much different from a Bud. No body to speak of. Just some late bitterness. Thatís all. Iím thinking that people must really love the bottle or thay havnít had many other choices.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
tommeagher (222) - Jersey City, New Jersey, USA - DEC 20, 2009
A bit bitter. My wife thought it was sweet. It was kind of bland. Sour aftertaste. Meh.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
coyforce (581) - Virginia, USA - APR 17, 2010
pours a cloudy yellow with bits of stuff floating around. Taste is hoppy and a standard expectation from stone.