overall

RATINGS: 3460   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.97   EST. CALORIES: 207   ABV: 6.9%
Look up "hops" in the dictionary and you’ll see a picture of Stone IPA! "Dry-hopped" for an extra two weeks, this unique process gives our IPA its bountiful hop aroma and rich hop flavor. A full 70+ IBUs (International Bitterness Units) creates this beer’s crisp and refreshing bitter character.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
nbutler11 (1267) - Phoenix, Arizona, USA - JUL 13, 2008
While appreciate the sample of this that was poured for me -- it’s not to say that’s I’d buy/consume a bottle. If you’re a fan of IPAs, then dig in, but if you’re like me, then you’ll taste this and move on.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 6/20
ExpendableHero (748) - Florida, USA - FEB 22, 2010
Not my favorite Stone brew, but not bad. Bottles from a local store, a dark orange colored beer. The aroma is biter fruit/floral. Tastes like very bitter fruit, the taste lingers after every sip. Very bitter, but not offensive, sour taste. Tastes better with food, preferably a juicy steak.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Nodrog (9) - SCOTLAND - SEP 10, 2013 does not count
Nice citrus and hop aroma, decent colour and head. The flavour is bitterness, bitterness and more bitterness pretty much obscuring everything else. A classic of the seemingly trendy idea that ramming a tonne of hops in a beer makes you a good brewer. It doesn’t and this is a poor beer, badly blended. The plethora of this type of beer is frankly getting really boring now.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
giancarloh (52) - - APR 22, 2014
Good beer but it seem to bitter for my taste, the after taste was not too good on my opinion. Won't ask for it again, bit will recommend for all the beer lovers

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 2/20
warriorx99 (85) - USA - JAN 28, 2006
Bottled. This beer pours a nice copper color and has a very bitter hoppy taste with a dry finish. The aroma is that of hops with strikes me as a somewhat fruity hint. I can’t admit to being a fan of really hoppy dry beers and this one certainly didn’t change my mind.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 10/20
zug4abby (287) - San Diego, California, USA - AUG 5, 2005
golden color with a hoppy taste and a medium head. The problem is that I just don’t like this IPA. I can get much, much better on a daily basis.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
monkeyman (57) - Alabama, USA - AUG 10, 2002
A real pretender. Pretty, silk-screened bottle, that’s just about all. Case said bottled in July. However, had classic symptpoms of heat or light damage: caustic bitterness, uneven malt presence. I find this shocking -- We get bottle-conditoned Anchor Liberty out east, and its flat out superb up to 6 months after bottling.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 6/20
brocker (99) - Salina, Utah, USA - MAR 22, 2005
Chock full of hops. Strong hop/floral aroma. I have never been a fan of I.P.A.’s Too bitter for my taste. Personally, this stuff made me choke. It looks really inviting., but it tastes bad. A good friend of mine who is an I.P.A. drinker thinks this stuff is great. So, there you go. Don’t listen to me.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
Rustyham (1724) - St. Petersburg, Florida, USA - MAR 22, 2009
Yeah, it’s bitter, but then what? This is a one trick pony with no complexity, depth or body. At least the Ruination has some ambition.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 3/20
treysewalt (1) - victoria, Texas, USA - JUL 5, 2012 does not count
Good IPA. I drank this with a family Italian dinner and it was perfect. I could still taste it after dinner.