overall

RATINGS: 3499   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.97   EST. CALORIES: 207   ABV: 6.9%
Look up "hops" in the dictionary and you’ll see a picture of Stone IPA! "Dry-hopped" for an extra two weeks, this unique process gives our IPA its bountiful hop aroma and rich hop flavor. A full 70+ IBUs (International Bitterness Units) creates this beer’s crisp and refreshing bitter character.

smith8137 (1) - USA - MAR 27, 2009 does not count
The best IPA out there, at least in my experience. Yes, hoppy, a little citrus note, yet overall, balanced and finishes smooth. Just an outstanding overall beer.

ouknowo (1) - New Jersey, USA - JUN 6, 2009 does not count
This beer is just ridiculous...it makes it almost impossible to drink cheap american domestics ever again.

beer4mencc1701 (20) - McKinney, Texas, USA - JUN 17, 2009
On Tap at Gingerman, Dallas. Pours golden amber, lovely head & lacing. Fresh citrus on the nose, with white grapes; like walking through an evergreen forest after a rain. Hops-forward, pleasant resiny flavor fills your mouoth with pine-bright goodness. Clean, fantastic aftertaste, perfection that lingers in the best way. Very drinkable/sessionable, we order this beer anytime/anywhere.

PapaSteve54 (4) - Marlton, New Jersey, USA - JUL 11, 2010 does not count
I am new to craft beer and this is my initial attempt at rating. I tried 4 beers, Stone IPA, Stone Ruination IPA, La Chouffe, Great Divide Oak Aged Chocolate Yeti. This Stone IPA was my favorite of the 4. I drank each bottle on a different night. I drank them early evening at the Jersey Shore sitting by the ocean. I drank each one in stages so I could test the change is taste and aroma as the beers became less chilled. Right out of the bottle, the beer had a strong positive aroma that created anticipation that this was going to be one great beer. I drank it in a tall pilsner glass and it looked beautiful against the backdrop of the sun going down over the ocean. The beer appeared darker at the bottom and then gradually lighter as the beer filled the glass. As I drank it, I realized this was one great beer. As noted, my favorite of these four. As I drank the beer throughout the evening, the aroma and taste seemed to get even better as the beer became less chilled. The taste that stayed on the palate was awesome. I rated this beer perfect as it struck me as my perfect beer. So overall, I see this as a beer I would store in my beer frig on a regular basis.

craemac (7) - Alabama, USA - DEC 8, 2010 does not count
Excellent, excellent IPA. medium bitterness, medium sweetness, lively, bitter, full body, resin, spruce, golden, hazy, sparkling, white foam, frothy,

Biglouis (3) - Cranbury, New Jersey, USA - JAN 7, 2011 does not count
-hoppy but not too hoppy or sweet -smells of pine, citrus, and grass -dry and exquisitely balanced -One of my favorite beers ever -

messiah (11) - Alabama, USA - FEB 23, 2011
Nice apricot flavor. Floral hop nose. Not your typical cascade dominated American IPA. Good stuff!

JohnCoctosin (37) - California, USA - JUN 5, 2011
Right up there with Avery Dugana, Stone IPA is the perfect IPA. From the first sniff to the last sip, everything about this beer is flawless. The first sip is rich and bitter and dances on the back of your tongue. It’s like tasting a magical plant. The pour is immaculate and the aroma is intense and earthy. It makes you want to eat Stone IPA instead of drink it. 6 packs for $7.99-$9.99 are always worth the price.

Lithp (37) - Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 17, 2012
UPDATED: FEB 18, 2012 Poured a dark yellow into a pint glass. Small white head, bout a half inch which lasted through the whole drink. Smell was incredible. Smell of citrus and pine, very strong, very mouthwattering. Taste is very hoppy, very bitter. Citrus taste which is classic with west coast IPAs. Mouthfeel, pretty intense. If you’re a hophead, you will LOOOOOOVE this beer like I did.

dcyankee1 (2) - California, USA - FEB 22, 2012 does not count