overall

RATINGS: 1660   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.54   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.4%
This deep amber ale has rich & roasty malt flavors, a big hoppy character, citrus overtones (courtesy of the hops and our special brewers yeast) and modest alcohol.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
bbooth (115) - Gilbert, Arizona, USA - JAN 1, 2003
Very nice tone-downed Stone Beer. I am a big Stone fan and this is a nice change from some of their over-the-top offerings (which I am very fond of). Nice amber/brown color with a small off-white head. Hoppy aroma with a hint of caramel. Hop flavor balances some of the sweetness that some ambers have. Good slightly bitter dry finish. Very enjoyable.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
DankbrewedDank (162) - East Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - DEC 31, 2002
A decent stone beer. brown in color, nice and bitter for an amber. Not a spectacular stone product but really good.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
microdyke (360) - Portland, Oregon, USA - DEC 28, 2002
A great amber color with no real head when poured from the bottle. It was yeasty in smell and it had a hoppy first taste yet ends bitter/dry. I would almost classify it as a amber ale or and IPA. The more I drank the more I could taste a maltiness.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
legion242 (2162) - Richardson, Texas, USA - DEC 21, 2002
Deep purple color; thin and lively head- isn’t it always?; the nose was bready and yummy. Surprisingly dry. Where was all the malt I got from the nose? Very drinkable.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
JoeM500 (1902) - Crown Point, Indiana, USA - DEC 18, 2002
The packaging of the Stone ales is amazing. This must be their session ale, because it is light all around and doesn’t offer much alcohol. Strange that it just sits in the "ale" category here.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
jaymobrown (1649) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - DEC 9, 2002
Rather hop filled for a regular ale. Enjoyable and clean. Subtle spice, but mostly bitter and dry.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
JCW (1274) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - NOV 19, 2002
Love the big hoppy favor of these one. It an excellent beer and I think I’d call it an IPA/

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Brewmaster (168) - USA - NOV 17, 2002
Well, it’s the worst of Stone’s offerings, but thats not a bad thing overall. A great drinkable beer indeed. If there was a Top 10 list of beers under 5% ABV this one would be on top for sure.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
BeerLimey (2154) - California, USA - NOV 2, 2002
I drank this from the bottle a couple of days ago, so when I poured it tonight I was surprised by the dark color. Deep reddish amber, with excellent head formation and lacing of the glass. For the most part the strength of the hops make this taste and smell like a west coast IPA, but I’d definitely through it into the amber class. Malt adds biscuity and light caramel flavor. Maybe a little one-dimensional but I love the hops and will be picking this up by the 6 pack again in future.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Gusler (2653) - Tucson, Arizona, USA - OCT 21, 2002
The pour a clear deep ruby brown, the head tolerable, the lace chumpy, both light chocolate brown. the nose is malt, floral, hints of caramel, top is flimsy, the finish is pertainly hopped, mild carbonation. seems a bit thin to me? drinkable, but can’t say it does anything to enhance ’Stone’s Stellar Reputation’. Ranks a quite disappointing #981 on my current 1000 beer masterlist.