overall

RATINGS: 1724   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.54   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.4%
This deep amber ale has rich & roasty malt flavors, a big hoppy character, citrus overtones (courtesy of the hops and our special brewers yeast) and modest alcohol.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
cryptobard (281) - DENMARK - AUG 2, 2011
Have had many times from the bottle. Smells like hops and light carmel. Roasted malts lead the flavor and hops closes it. Lots of presence for a lighter beer. Also, looks beautiful; sunburst amber you can see through.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
Markm2151 (280) - toledo, USA - JUN 10, 2013
Well made and balanced beer. Malty aroma and palate but kept in check but a noticeable, but not overpowering hop influence.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
mensch (280) - Loveland, Colorado, USA - DEC 28, 2013
I shouldnít have been surprised by how good this is, itís a Stone. A Session IPA before anyone thought to name it that. Bright as a new penny reddish copper color, perfume and citrus nose. The body is light, but still with plenty of clean caramel malt flavor. Strong bitter hops in the finish. It might be floating, but itís not a lightweight.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Obfuscate (278) - Minneapolis, - NOV 5, 2014
UPDATED: DEC 10, 2014 My favorite beers are those that are refreshing, go well with food, and I can drink a 6 pack without getting too bombed. Stone levitation hits the spot for an amber ale. Great beer with big flavor and beautiful color.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Jabswitch (278) - Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA - JUL 6, 2008
I was surprised at the bitterness from this amber. Also surprised at the low abv of 4.4%. Nice dark amber, but I thought a little over the top on bitterness. I normally enjoy ambers but found myself struggling to finish this one.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
12many (277) - Alaska, USA - AUG 26, 2008
Alefest sample. Aroma is decent with plenty of pine and citrus hops but this was lacking on flavor. Feels watery and with low carbonation. Decent but disappointing.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
minihame2 (270) - Tokyo, JAPAN - AUG 24, 2013
Nice, clear amber colour and a small tan head. Kind of faint aroma which I canít quite make out, hops and some berries I think? Taste has some bitterness to it which lingers for a while. Slightly hoppy taste with some citrus. Soft mouthfeel and easy carbonation. Very easy to drink beer but somehow I was left disappointed.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
FezMonkey (268) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - FEB 19, 2009
Pours a amber brown with a medium sized head. Aroma is of citrus and spice with flavors to match. The more I drank it the more I enjoyed it

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
mxtur (266) - Michigan, USA - MAR 7, 2011
Grassy medium nice hazy cigar color. Canít miss the hop and I donít know if I like that. Overall itís a neat beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
popephred (264) - Plainfield, Illinois, USA - MAY 3, 2010
Poured from the bottle into a pint glass. Pour produced a dark amber body, topped by an off-whitish yellow head of foam, with some staying power, also being thick and frothy. The aroma is big on hops, like fresh pine. I took some time breathing in the aroma, appreciating the freshness of the hops. This is a dry, bitter ale with a medium body, thin mouthfeel, average carbonation, and a long bitter finish. The appearance and aroma of this ale set me up for something dynamic, which set my expectations higher than necessary. This ale was alright, though itís watery texture and lack of balance made this fall below my inflated expectations.