overall

RATINGS: 1737   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.54/5   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.4%
This deep amber ale has rich & roasty malt flavors, a big hoppy character, citrus overtones (courtesy of the hops and our special brewers yeast) and modest alcohol.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
akinm (282) - San Diego, California, USA - SEP 30, 2002
Dont get me wrong, I love hops, but this beer was too dry for me. It finishes very dry with lots of hops and it was just an all out bitterness assault on the senses, all of them! it is a great looking beer, dark ruby and perfectly clear. it smells wonderful, lots of playful hops in the nose. the finish is just terrifyingly ddry for me. this said, i have absolutely not lost faith in stone, i still love em just not this one.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
geeklimit (282) - USA - OCT 11, 2014
Pours a dark red with a latte - colored sponge foam head. Strong malt aroma. Solid malt taste with an equal amount of hops bittering. Well carbonated with a slightly sticky mouthfeel.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
cryptobard (281) - DENMARK - AUG 2, 2011
Have had many times from the bottle. Smells like hops and light carmel. Roasted malts lead the flavor and hops closes it. Lots of presence for a lighter beer. Also, looks beautiful; sunburst amber you can see through.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
Markm2151 (280) - toledo, USA - JUN 10, 2013
Well made and balanced beer. Malty aroma and palate but kept in check but a noticeable, but not overpowering hop influence.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Jabswitch (278) - Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA - JUL 6, 2008
I was surprised at the bitterness from this amber. Also surprised at the low abv of 4.4%. Nice dark amber, but I thought a little over the top on bitterness. I normally enjoy ambers but found myself struggling to finish this one.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
12many (277) - Alaska, USA - AUG 26, 2008
Alefest sample. Aroma is decent with plenty of pine and citrus hops but this was lacking on flavor. Feels watery and with low carbonation. Decent but disappointing.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
morri (273) - NORWAY - APR 25, 2013
330ml bottle from Ølhandleriet. Tiny white head. Clear, but slightly cloudy amber body. Aroma of light hops, citrus, yeast and butter. Quite sweet on the tongue, bitter long lasting taste.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
FezMonkey (268) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - FEB 19, 2009
Pours a amber brown with a medium sized head. Aroma is of citrus and spice with flavors to match. The more I drank it the more I enjoyed it

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
popephred (266) - Plainfield, Illinois, USA - MAY 3, 2010
Poured from the bottle into a pint glass. Pour produced a dark amber body, topped by an off-whitish yellow head of foam, with some staying power, also being thick and frothy. The aroma is big on hops, like fresh pine. I took some time breathing in the aroma, appreciating the freshness of the hops. This is a dry, bitter ale with a medium body, thin mouthfeel, average carbonation, and a long bitter finish. The appearance and aroma of this ale set me up for something dynamic, which set my expectations higher than necessary. This ale was alright, though it’s watery texture and lack of balance made this fall below my inflated expectations.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
mxtur (266) - Michigan, USA - MAR 7, 2011
Grassy medium nice hazy cigar color. Can’t miss the hop and I don’t know if I like that. Overall it’s a neat beer.