craven5000 (87) - Westville, Indiana, USA - JUL 9, 2004
3.5 AROMA 6/10 APPEARANCE 4/5 TASTE 6/10 PALATE 4/5 OVERALL 15/20
A dark reddish amber pour that produced a tan head that was both big and thick. Smooth at first, then the hoppy bite comes through. A light medium body. It wasn’t anything special but it wasn’t bad either.
pjwalsh2 (87) - Palos Park, Illinois, USA - OCT 17, 2011
3.9 AROMA 8/10 APPEARANCE 4/5 TASTE 7/10 PALATE 4/5 OVERALL 16/20
1. Look – A hazy amber-brown ale that looks very tasty and pours a big off white head.
2. Sniff – It has a pleasant roasted malt nose with a delicate hop aroma.
3. Sip – This full bodied ale has a roasted malty flavor that is balanced with just the right amount of hops. It also has a slight grassy taste and a soft bitter finish.
4. Another Look – This is a good looking ale. It has a lot of sediment, a long lasting head, and solid lacing.
5. Evaluate – Overall, this is well-balanced ale offers many flavors. I enjoyed the roasted malt taste and the delicate bitter finish. This very drinkable ale, would appeal to the average beer drinker. It has a long lasting malty finish that will keep any beer drinker interested. I would definitely recommend this ale to family and friends.
madvermin (86) - California, USA - JAN 29, 2011
3.8 AROMA 7/10 APPEARANCE 4/5 TASTE 8/10 PALATE 4/5 OVERALL 15/20
Pours a dark, maple syrup red, with ample off-white head that laces well, and dissapates to a half finger cap. Smells of clean lemon zest, leaves, and some malty character, not sweet, but like bread. Taste is nicely hoppy, with lemon citrus to go with fresh herbs, even some tulsi taste at the back end. Malt gives it great body, as the malt sweetens it just a little bit and balances the hops out. Really good hop flavor though, and intensely flavorful for a 4.4% beer. Mouthfeel is ok, as carbonation is at or above average, and tingles are nice throughout. Drinkability is very good, and at 4.4% you won’t get many beers with a better flavor:abv ratio to session.
Jvezp (86) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - SEP 28, 2011
3 AROMA 5/10 APPEARANCE 5/5 TASTE 5/10 PALATE 3/5 OVERALL 12/20
Reviewing while drinking
* Big white head, redish amber ale, dosen’t seem to have much carbonation
* Smells...Typical Stone hops.
I don’t know waht to think about this brew. I expected it to be much bitter. Alot of malts and still pretty limpid/Clear.
Just had a Red’s Rye PA, wich i think is in the same category, but the levitation dosen’t even come close. Still pretty good thou.
Avatar (84) - Gliwice, POLAND - AUG 19, 2008
3.3 AROMA 7/10 APPEARANCE 4/5 TASTE 6/10 PALATE 3/5 OVERALL 13/20
Bottle in San Diego. Red-brownish in colour with fair head. Aroma is of pines and woody. Little bit dry and sweet-bitter. Hint of citrus. Lot of hops. Little bit like IPA.
matmatmat (82) - Connecticut, USA - FEB 23, 2011
3.7 AROMA 8/10 APPEARANCE 4/5 TASTE 6/10 PALATE 3/5 OVERALL 16/20
Bottle. Deep rich red-brown color with a whitish head. Aroma is full on fruit, papaya and grapefruit. Hints of freshly cut grass as well. Taste slightly sweet and floral which nicely balances the bitterness. Silky and luxurious on the palate, although rather flat.
jobrewmeister (81) - - MAR 16, 2012
3.8 AROMA 8/10 APPEARANCE 4/5 TASTE 7/10 PALATE 4/5 OVERALL 15/20
Dark red colored body with a small khaki colored head. Smell is sweet caramel malts and a lot of citrus and pine hops. Taste is also sweet caramel and toffee upfront from the malts. A nice and strong hoppy finish.
whicheck (81) - California, USA - JAN 23, 2013
3.7 AROMA 8/10 APPEARANCE 3/5 TASTE 8/10 PALATE 3/5 OVERALL 15/20
Nice pine aroma. Medium hop with a light sweetness on the taste. Very balanced ale. Taste like a stone.
slipy120 (81) - Michigan, USA - AUG 1, 2009
3.6 AROMA 9/10 APPEARANCE 4/5 TASTE 7/10 PALATE 4/5 OVERALL 12/20
Not a bad beer. When you first smell this you will think, wow that smells like an IPA. The aroma is identical of that of a well balanced IPA. Then you taste it. Yes the hoppines is there but it is oddly very sweet. It is almost like a combination of a Saison and an IPA. Pretty good stuff overall.
tzakiel (81) - Virginia, USA - DEC 1, 2009
3.9 AROMA 7/10 APPEARANCE 4/5 TASTE 8/10 PALATE 3/5 OVERALL 17/20
Right. A very good hoppy ale. Noticeable hops, especially on the aftertaste. Not bitter.