overall

RATINGS: 1679   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.54   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.4%
This deep amber ale has rich & roasty malt flavors, a big hoppy character, citrus overtones (courtesy of the hops and our special brewers yeast) and modest alcohol.

jimmbo123 (44) - Washington, USA - JUN 14, 2009
The quality of the hop flavor in this is the best Iíve tasted. Unless you donít like hop flavor at all you should like this. I tried it side by side with Sierra Nevada Pale Ale which normally is at the upper limit of my desired hoppiness, but Levitation Ale was much hoppier and tasted better overall.

vanmojo (1) - California, USA - JUL 8, 2009 does not count
I generally like the bombastic nature of Stone beers; I love the Arrogant Bastard and their Imperial Stout is simply the best... but this has supplanted them in my pantheon. Levitation Ale really is the summation of all Stoneís craft, attention to detail and refusal to compromise in a singular brew that is nearly perfect in every respect. Were I forced to come up with a criticism, I think it would be that I like beers that generally top 6 to 7 percent ABV, but for this beer, the 4.4 is perfect and just adds to its drinkability... Rock on, Stone!

Tarmac61cm (5) - , Kansas, USA - JUL 23, 2013 does not count
Pours a reddish orange pour with a small head. Aroma is sweet citrusl. Taste is very bigwith hops mostly citrus to me, and very drinkable. which I would never have guessed would be so low. Finish is dry and ends on sweet citrus notes. This is my new favorite beer. I really believe this should get a lot hire score then 94

AverageJoeBeer (1) - Truth or Consequences, New Mexico, USA - OCT 2, 2013 does not count
This is by far one of the best beers Iíve ever had. I can drink it down with ease. Love the finish - nice hoppy bitterness followed by a clean crisp, barely any aftertaste.

jdmaher58 (24) - Dover, Ohio, USA - FEB 25, 2009
UPDATED: MAR 4, 2009 Wow. This is fan-freakin-tastic. This is my new favorite. Hoppy as all get-out. Citrusy, hits hard,grapefruit not subtle at all. Not for the faint of heart. Deep end of the pool. If you donít love this, then shame on you. Bottle from local grocer. Best ever.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
Nick_J_A (7) - East Greenwich, Rhode Island, USA - SEP 8, 2011 does not count
Had a six pack. Great across the board. I will look for this and buy another six pack if my store gets it.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
J_R (1) - - JAN 7, 2012 does not count
despite itís low alcohol content itís superb taste and rich biting mouthfeel compensates exponentially.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Vinnygny (7) - Alabama, USA - AUG 5, 2013 does not count
Stone brewery has consistently putting out great beers. Arrogant Bastard and Ruination are among my all time favorites. Levitation Ale is right up there with them. Deep copper with a nice white head. Beautiful lacing. Absolutely delicious ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

jbuskirk (443) - Holdrege, Nebraska, USA - DEC 29, 2013
A splendid amber ale. The amber color is absolute perfection. Thereís a subtle fruitiness with hints of citrus and berry. That tangy/sweet balance is reflected in the hop character. The hops really reveal themselves in the finish. Itís bitter but also a bit herbal. I kept chasing that amazing finish. Sadly, that pursuit always leads to an empty glass in far too little time.

jakelson (1) - Louisville, Kentucky, USA - JUL 19, 2014 does not count
Levitation provides a wonderful aroma, complexity, and flavor that I fell in love with after drinking it. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone