overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip

RATINGS: 2220   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.83/5   EST. CALORIES: 216   ABV: 7.2%
Arrogant Bastard Aged with oak chips.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
harmfuldrunk (288) - New Jersey, USA - OCT 23, 2007
making out with a tree jajaja. wow I actually like this the regular arrogant bastard is blown away by this sexy beer, the oak goes a long way subtling the hops to a managble level of refreshment , one of my new favs on the west coast since most other beers here are crap and hard to get. this offering from stone is everywheer. I cant remember the last time i had a regulaar bastard but this one looks very nice big frothy head, idk this one is a very enjyable beer nice piney sweet aroma too I LIKKKKEEEEEEEE

ShawnMalloy (130) - Auburn, Massachusetts, USA - OCT 23, 2007
It really tastes like you’re making out with a tree. I probably will be after a couple more of these. Cheers!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
riversideAK (6040) - Shoreline, Washington, USA - OCT 23, 2007
Aroma is Arrogant Bastard Ale with a pronounced oakiness. Oaky upfront with afformentioned AB taste and a nice bitter yet subdued finish. It does seem a bit more smooth in the finish than the original. I liked it more, thats for sure.

mribm (459) - Ocala, Florida, USA - OCT 23, 2007
To me this tasted like the regular Arrogant Bastard (which is good) with just a touch of oak. I was hoping for more oak, however the hops seemed to overpower any oak that was present. It was a good beer, as are all Stone Brewing Company beers, however I wanted more oak. By the way...this sure beats Beechwood aging!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
tsarman (794) - Northern, New Jersey, USA - OCT 21, 2007
I enjoyed this more than the original. The oak chips might make it more arrogant, definitely more pretentious. First time I ever saw this in 12 ozers. Before this, only in 3 Ls. Started out with the overly strong hoppiness of the one and only. But, as you drink it, it seems to mellow a little bit and tastes of vanilla. Creamy. This was delicious. Even though the bottle didn’t think I could handle it.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
tronraner (2459) - Walland, Tennessee, USA - OCT 20, 2007
12 oz. bottle. Pours reddish brown with decent-sized ivory head and good lacing. I must say I don’t care for the aroma-- candied pineapple, acorns, and an alcoholic spiciness; they just don’t seem to meld very well to me. I get much the same sensations in the flavor, but it seems to work a little better. Pineapple and pine hit right off, then some malt and vanilla. A mild oakiness comes in in the finish. Not bad altogether.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
BrewDad (5328) - Olympia, Washington, USA - OCT 19, 2007
Tap - Eastside Club Tavern - Olympia, WA
Aroma – Deep malt aroma with a light Oakiness to the aroma. Got more Vanilla than the oak.
Appearance – Amber in color with a great clear view thick white head
Flavor – Had a grea malty baground and the spices came through the oak was missing. Hmmm???
Palate – Not bad but the flavor of the oak would have added to the experience.
Overall –Had this on tap and also bottle. The bottle turned out to be a great beer. Had the oak and flavors I was looking for. The tap was missing something not sure they might have had a regular keg of Arrogant.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Prostman (1077) - Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 17, 2007
I like this version much better than the regular version. I am glad they are bottling it now.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
rob897 (62) - Buffalo, New York, USA - OCT 15, 2007
What can I say being a BIG fan of the standard Arrogant Bastard. This Oaked version is outstanding and I was glad I was able to get it from my local store.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
RollinHard (1024) - Fort Worth, Texas, USA - OCT 14, 2007
Pours dark reddish brown with a good sized long lasting off-white head. Aroma of raisins, old pine, and something akin to old fruit and vegetables left in the trashcan too long. A little woody too, but that vegetable aroma is not in the regular beer. Good flavor of caramel toffee, piny bitter hops, a slight toast flavor. Finishes with even more woody toast flavor and lingering hop bitterness. Medium to full bodied, plenty creamy texture, low-ish carbonation. I think the oak aging mainly mellowed this beer rather than added flavor. Funny how the process that makes oak aged Yeti so nice can do a disservice (for the most part) to this beer. I’d prefer the regular AB, with it’s lack of vegetable qualities.