overall

RATINGS: 1661   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.61   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%
Deep amber in color, Stone Pale Ale is robust and full flavored. A delicate hop aroma is complemented by a rich maltiness.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Kasteelfreak (341) - Fallbrook, California, USA - SEP 27, 2003
I'm not a big APA fan, but this is probably the best I've had. Actually, it's second to Stone 7th anniversary. They're quite a bit different though. IMHO, this is way better than Sierra Nevada, which I'm not a big fan of. Good balance. Kind of has a nutty flavor. Not as bready, and a lot crisper than other APAs I've had.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Terminus (3272) - Las Cruces, New Mexico, USA - SEP 21, 2003
UPDATED: JUN 27, 2004 ReRate-Ok, im going to go out on a limb here. This could be my fav APA. I love the fact that its not really a hop monster, but the hops are there. The malts are super sweet and go so well together with the hops. These hops are very dry and not to astringent (Chinook:?). I love this brew! bottle-tucson beer fest well people, here it is...number 400!!!!! What better than to have a stone for my 400th brew. This pale ale is excellent! very balanced for stone standards. malts and hops are both present in a good mix. not the huge citrus hop, but a subtle pine bite. i have 2 bombers of this, so i will resample and see what i get.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
BBB63 (6122) - La Porte, Indiana, USA - SEP 18, 2003
Copper hue with good head and lace. I expected a big hop aroma but instead it has a nose of caramel malts, aromatic hops, citrus, earthy yeast, buttered biscuit. The taste was more hoppy, crisp pine noted. Undertones of malt and smoke. Dry and slighty bitter finish. Very quaffable indeed, recommended.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
GEOBRAU (188) - Mesa, Arizona, USA - SEP 6, 2003
UPDATED: JAN 2, 2004 Fresh aroma, beautiful clear orange hues with a head that dissapates rather quickly. Hop combination is refreshingly citrus with orange flavor predominating,malt perfectly apparent, finishes clean. In my opinion this is the standard -bearer for "American Pale ales"

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
stubby (334) - Santee, California, USA - SEP 3, 2003
Fun aroma, compared to the flavor. Aroma of sweet malts and caramel. Flavor of fresh boiling hops and flavor hops. Finish is a wonderfully rounded combo of first dry malty then sweet maltly. Generous hops make it more than interesting. A nicely done pale ale. Not my favorite style right now but great in its class.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
PBOYNY (316) - Westchester, New York, USA - SEP 3, 2003
nice pale with strong flavoring, not bitter, just right for a nice summer night!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
kumite56 (471) - Cordova, Tennessee, USA - AUG 15, 2003
Deep amber color. Small off-white head mostly diminishing. Aroma is strong hoppy aroma (pine). I must admit on the front end that I love an IPA. In this case this is one of the better varieties of same. Strong hoppy, bitter taste but with substantial malt backbone. Full bodied. A good effort Stone

drinkbeer (283) - Redondo Beach, California, USA - AUG 13, 2003
I love stone. Awesome hops complement smooth malts. I love the hoppy finish of this brew. GREAT.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
lunaticharness (183) - Torrance, California, USA - JUL 20, 2003
nice beautiful fat thick head on a light amber colored body, kind of a soapy flavor, crisp, kind of wimpy... not as good as the rest of the brews...

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
jstu9 (402) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 13, 2003
(bottle) Yum. I thought that I had had this one before, but I guess not. This is a vrey nicely made pale ale. Nicely hopped that can be sensed in the aroma and taste.