RATINGS: 1114   WEIGHTED AVG: 4/5   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 100   EST. CALORIES: 324   ABV: 10.8%
In June 2012, we celebrated the 10th birthday of our notoriously mega-hopped double IPA, Stone Ruination IPA, with the release of a very special version that was even bigger and, incredibly, even hoppier than the original. If Stone Ruination IPA is ďA Liquid Poem to the Glory of the Hop,Ē then Stone Ruination Tenth Anniversary IPA was an amped-up heavy metal version of that ode delivered with the force of a sledgehammer. Luckily for us, our fans love loud and aggressive brews, specifically when copious amounts of humulus lupulus are involved. The original release of this beer was so instantly beloved by those who dared try it

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
SpongeRuiner (1006) - Michigan, USA - OCT 10, 2013
Extremely sweet. Way too sweet for me. Thanks to HisBoyElroy for the split. Wouldnt want this one again.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Strife21 (274) - North Wales, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 10, 2013
UPDATED: OCT 25, 2014 This one is a fabulous beer. Hop heads need to check this one out. Smells of pine, resin, mango and grapefruit as well as a bit of carmel. Super Bitter, which i love, a hop heads dream, pine, resin, citrus fruit, grapefruit that is followed by a well balanced amount of malty caramel flavor. Finish is long and bitter but not super dry by any means. Makes you want to take another sip. Medium bodied beer has a thick sticky mouth feel with a decent amount of carbonation. Goes perfect with all the flavors in my eyes and really makes the bitterness of the hops bite. One of the best I have had. .

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
S_Side_Smitty (625) - Lakeland, Florida, USA - OCT 4, 2013
Pours a cloudy orange marmelade color with a small off white head. The hoppy aroma hits you while youíre still pouring - Sweet pine, marmelade (no kidding) and beautiful citrus aromas abound. Taste is a nice blend of grapefruit, orange, pine, and bitterness. The finish sneaks up on you with a blend of sweet bitterness and gritty earthy malts. Truly, truly complex and flavorful.

msb925 (3) - Missouri, USA - OCT 3, 2013 does not count
Could have fooled me to think this was a barley wine. The alcohol really kicks you in the shin when you take that first pull. From there it is a ride that is unforgettable. The malt balance with the mosh pit of hops is impeccable. Carbonation seems spot on with about two fingers of head. Nice amber colored body with a thicker mouth feel. Highly recommended. -- rated via 'Find A Beer' for Blackberry 10

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
elgatoborracho (7) - Tennessee, USA - OCT 1, 2013 does not count
Great blend of citrus, pine, fruit, and malts to balance. Full bodied with a long finish that is slightly bitter.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
justforrazors (27) - - OCT 1, 2013
Consumed 7-13-12, poured into my DFH IPA Glass. A- Pours a crystal clear amber/copper color with a sticky beige 2 finger head that lasts throughout the entire glass. Unimpressive, but alright lacing, carbonation is average based on appearance. S- Pine and resinous hops followed by a blast of grapefruit, mango, and pineapple. Sweet malt and caramel aroma balances the hops. A touch of alcohol is present to remind you how big this beer is... T- Extremely bitter, this thing is just packed full of hops. Pineapple, grapefruit, pine resin, tons of other tropical fruit, followed by a subtle malt sweetness and a strong alcohol presence. The hops seemed a bit more dull than the last time I drank this. Insanely long bitter finish. M- Medium body, there is just enough to back up the hops, fairly dry, this seems to contribute to the never-ending bitterness. Carbonation is spot-on. O- I liked this a whole lot more last week when I had it, but I didnít have the time to review it. It seems like the hops are dropping off very fast, or maybe my palate is just off tonight. This is still an incredibly well made beer, and based on my previous experience I am ranking it a bit higher overall than I would based solely on this review.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
Rune (9661) - TromsÝ, NORWAY - OCT 1, 2013
Served at the American Bar, GBBF 2013, third day. One-third pint, gravicask. Pale apricot coloured body, next to clear. Firm off-white head. Citrus nose added by herbs and mild dried fruits. Citrus and caramel flavours, very well balanced, and nicely followed by dry hopped citrus shells, bittersweet and warming on the swallow. Oily palate. Excellent IPA(London Olympia 15.08.2013)

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Lognar (33) - - SEP 30, 2013
(7/8/12) Smell - A veritable pine forest interspersed with lemons, orange, and grapefruit citrus. Taste - A blast of hops that comes like a punch in the mouth. Tons of hop dryness and bitterness. The earthiness of the hops is all pine. What citrus flavors manage to claw their way out of the pine forest manifest as grapefruit with a bit of malty sweetness. Mouthfeel - Thick, almost syrupy. Some carbonation is there to accompany the thickness. Feels almost oily. My mind thinks of pine resin. Overall - I did not pick up much of any alcohol in this one. I guess the alcohol was afraid of the hops and went into hiding. This was my first "palate wrecker." I completely understand the term now. I canít tell if the hops are too much or simply pushing the limit - like walking the line between just a bit crazy and batshit insane. For me and my palate, I think this one falls on the side of too much hops dryness and bitterness. Any complexity or depth was lost in the pine forest that was this beer. My palate screamed, yet I was intrigued, puzzled, and ultimately overwhelmed. It was over the top, but at least it wasnít ordinary. Additions from 6/26/2013: Having experienced many more IPAs since I first has this brew, I can safely say that RuinTen is AMAZING. Itís a complex and bitter monster of an IPA, but itís not overwhelming as I first felt. It goes down quite easy and has a bit of sweetness to it. Definitely one of the best DIPAs Iíve ever had.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
johnnnniee (3150) - Bedford, New Hampshire, USA - SEP 30, 2013
Review from notes, Bottle from Bertís Slightly cloudy, huge resinous pine and bitter citrus aroma and flavor. Great Brew I enjoyed several bottle while I could still find it.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
gregwilsonstl (1556) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - SEP 29, 2013
Dark clear amber. White Lacing. Really really hoppy. Grapefruit rind. Bitterness lingers. Quite hot from alcohol.