RATINGS: 1114   WEIGHTED AVG: 4/5   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 100   EST. CALORIES: 324   ABV: 10.8%
In June 2012, we celebrated the 10th birthday of our notoriously mega-hopped double IPA, Stone Ruination IPA, with the release of a very special version that was even bigger and, incredibly, even hoppier than the original. If Stone Ruination IPA is “A Liquid Poem to the Glory of the Hop,” then Stone Ruination Tenth Anniversary IPA was an amped-up heavy metal version of that ode delivered with the force of a sledgehammer. Luckily for us, our fans love loud and aggressive brews, specifically when copious amounts of humulus lupulus are involved. The original release of this beer was so instantly beloved by those who dared try it

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
phikus01 (112) - New York, USA - SEP 22, 2013
All the grapefruit and citrus as described in other reviews. All the malt too. The astringency is there as well. I prefer the wallop without the astringency as found in moylans hop sickle and smuttynose big A. This is still a treat.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
shigadeyo (3388) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - SEP 21, 2013
8/31/2013: Stone RuinTen IPA... Aroma: Light toffee malt and some citrusy and floral hops; alcohol. Appearance: Clear copper color with an off-white crown. Flavor: Smooth maltiness; heavy amount of pine, grapefruit hops; intense hoppiness, but not overly bitter; just a touch of smoke in the finish. Palate: Medium body; soft mouthfeel, smooth. Overall: Very good, but doesn’t seem as enamel-striping bitter as the regular Stone Ruination, but maybe my palate has changed over the years; unfortunately, this beer came after the Stone 17th Anniversary Götterdämmerung IPA which is hopaliciously delicious, so maybe this sampling suffered as a result (it’s really hard to compete with Stone 17 as I think it’s way better than the standard Ruination)... 12 fl. oz. bottles shared by Brian. Rating #745 for this beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
mtdewa1 (441) - rome, New York, USA - SEP 21, 2013
Aroma is citrus...grapefruit and orange. Cloudy gold pour, medium white head mild lacing. Taste is perfect. Smooth grapefruit start with orange bitter finish. Very well done. Great ipa. Recommended.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
mcclainc50 (217) - New York, USA - SEP 21, 2013
Pours a cloudy golden color with an off white head leaving moderate lacing. Aroma of citrus big time. Such a well balanced flavor for the amout of hops used in this beer, the hops jumps out first with some nice grapefruit notes, some spice in the middle and finished incredibly smooth with a malty tone. One of the best IPAs I’ve had.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
DialSquare (3664) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - SEP 20, 2013
On tap at Proof. Big citrus, pine, resin aroma. Tastes are like chewing on flowers - takes a bit to discern the subtleties - spice, biscuit, caramel, citrus. Big time palate-killer sipper. 7.6

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
want1DIPA (227) - - SEP 16, 2013
22oz bomber. I’ll be sad to see these leave the shelf this year. I love this beer to death. I’m a hop head to my core and this great liquid accentuates hops to their full glory. I love the hop bite punch right of the bat and the slightly sweet finish is the icing on the cake. One of my favs of the year. I give it a 4.8 on draft.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
BSchnab (118) - Florida, USA - SEP 14, 2013
Aroma is mango apricot, appearance is cloudy golden, taste is good bitter citrus overall very good beer

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
jflopsu (886) - New Jersey, USA - SEP 14, 2013
Pours a dark amber with thick white head. Taste and aroma has some citrus hop, yeast, wheat, and caramel. Very thick and heavy texture.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
BillWyce (887) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 14, 2013
From notes: Poured lightly hazy orange-amber with a 3-finger bone-colored head. As would be expected from Stone, a strong citrus hops aroma, with some citrus peel as well. Body is medium-to-full, with a mild oily thickness that lingers in the finish with a mild astringency. Flavor is deep in citrusy and resiny hops, perhaps with a light caramel malt note as it warms.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
fakebeersnob (244) - Saginaw, Michigan, USA - SEP 13, 2013
This was poured in a tulip at the local pub. Did not recognize it to just be a version of the Ruination that I had earlier this year, I did not get the horrible aroma that I noticed from the Ruination...though you can tell by the scent this was going to be a hop bomb. This is probably great for the people that love the bitter is better beers. I am finding out that I like the milder IPAs. I guess I should owe it to these beers to let me know that.