overall

RATINGS: 979   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.99   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 100   EST. CALORIES: 324   ABV: 10.8%
RUINING PALATES SINCE 2002
In June 2012, we celebrated the 10th birthday of our notoriously mega-hopped double IPA, Stone Ruination IPA, with the release of a very special version that was even bigger and, incredibly, even hoppier than the original. If Stone Ruination IPA is “A Liquid Poem to the Glory of the Hop,” then Stone Ruination Tenth Anniversary IPA was an amped-up heavy metal version of that ode delivered with the force of a sledgehammer. Luckily for us, our fans love loud and aggressive brews, specifically when copious amounts of humulus lupulus are involved. The original release of this beer was so instantly beloved by those who dared try it

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
jmikolich (1477) - North Ridgeville, Ohio, USA - JUL 9, 2013
22oz bottle, just what I expected when I opened it, but man this is a bitter IIPA, Ruination opened my eyes and this shows how my tastes have changed over 7 years, while still delicious and enjoyable I didnt find myself chugging it like I would have. Good Deep Burn.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
ladyhops (43) - - JUL 9, 2013
Surprisingly, even after I had coworkers and customers RAVE about this, it was just not as good as I thought it would be. The flavor was lemon-peely and woody, and the hops that it promised did not deliver. The beer poured beautifully and the overall palate was enjoyable and mildly heavy, the color gorgeous. I am not afraid of the big bad hops and this was just not there for me. I would LOVE to try this on tap or just try again, because I am usually so pleased with Stone.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
kassner (1377) - Wexford, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 9, 2013
Bottle from Dorothy Lane. This is likely the best DIPA I have had. Great fragrance and big aromatic hops without the sicky sweet note. As clean a finish as one could expect. Golden color and a modest head with little lacing.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
EtTuCthulhu (1138) - Columbia, Missouri, USA - JUL 8, 2013
The aroma of this beer is a mixture of floral and resin hops, diacetyl, and booze, and the appearance is a gorgeous clear orange color with a medium white head that fades to a ring. The taste is quite bitter, mildly sour, and slightly sweet, which emphasizes the hops without the other flavors fading completely away; furthermore, the palate combines a bitter finish, soft carbonation, medium body, and a slick and thin texture.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
patrickfannon (1241) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 8, 2013
On tap at Alla Spina with Tom, Megan, and Janine. Pours a solid orange marmalade with puffy, creamy white head. Aroma of peaches and orange zest. A bit cloying and overly full for an IPA. Tastes very citrusy initially but the brightness of the citrus hops fade away quickly, revealing a ton of residual malty, alcoholic sweetness. I just don’t really care for double IPAs any longer as they are nearly always far too saccharine and thick. Good beer, but not great.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
gmb5127 (234) - Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 7, 2013
Tastes almost like a citrusy version of ruination, with even more hopps. Extremely hoppy but very tasty. Highly recommend.

bubbleflubber (1854) - Asheville, North Carolina, USA - JUL 7, 2013
Pours orange-amber into the glass, with a wispy head that reduces to a light suds ring leaving webbed lacing. The nose is of huge floral and spruce-pine notes, accompanying a bold citrus hue. Flavors pay homage to the spicy peppering bitters, but have caramel, orange and pine needles to balance. Big hoppy bitters slather the palate to finish. Full-bodied and complex, the mouthfeel is sticky and just right. Great Impy palate wrecker from the master craftsmen at Stone. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

JFParnell (49) - Washington, USA - JUL 7, 2013
Hands down the best imperial IPA that I have come acrossed. This is the true definition of a great tasting beer to me. Not bitter at all, and great tasting. My new favorite Imperial IPA.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
That1Guy (1970) - Greeley, Colorado, USA - JUL 7, 2013
Crushed on tap at FreshCraft. Very nice, clear amber pour with a white head that sticks around a bit. Nose full of ethyl acetate right away. Once I get past the nail polish remover aroma, there’s a very nice, dank hop presence. This beer isn’t pretending to be anything but a high alcohol, hopped up hand grenade. Dank, piney, citrusy hops. I really enjoy it, there’s just too much nail polish in it for me to call it exceptional.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
AskForJenny (1024) - Ontario, New York, USA - JUL 7, 2013
22 oz - Think whistling: Hwwweeeeeeeeeeew..... Hop bomb! This one wails you over the head.