overall

RATINGS: 3702   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.03/5   EST. CALORIES: 246   ABV: 8.2%

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Ty5592 (1018) - Lansdale, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 13, 2006
slightly hazy yellow in color. Strong citrus aroma with same flavor. very smooth and easy to drink dispite massive hop flavor. Not better then dreadnaught.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
unclemattie (4358) - Georgia, USA - JUN 12, 2006
This beer is perfect overall. CAUTION! Do not make this the first beer during a tasting session... IT WILL KILL YOUR PALATE. =) this is one of my fave all time IPAs. 22oz bottle citrus, very bitter, very bitter, very bitter, very bitter, very bitter,

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
xdream (16) - Madison, Alabama, USA - JUN 12, 2006
After uncapping the 22 once bottle my nostrils were assaulted by hoppy citrus aromas that made me jump back from the bottle as it was possessed. Once I had gained my compsure from the onslaught, I poured the devilís brew into a snifter. It poured a liquid gold that shimmered in the sunlight liike a necklace my girlfrinedís grandmother had bought her for a very hoppy birthday. The aromas eminating from the glass made me shiver with terror of what it was going to do to my palate. Finally after much inner debate I dared to take a sip....and it was a hop explosion in mouth that left my tongue hungry for more. All I can say is the flavor was HOPPY HOPPY HOPPY!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
sbaz040 (38) - phoenix, Arizona, USA - JUN 11, 2006
Not as good as stone IPA.the bitterness overwelmed the fruit taste.. .........................................

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
HopBackDoc (474) - Hatboro, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 11, 2006
22 oz. bottle. Amber colored with light head that disappeared fairly quickly. Hoppy, citrus aroma. I thought this was a bit thin bodied and lacked the flavor of the regular Stone IPA, but I may have had it a bit too cold because the last 4 or 5 ounces were much better. I was a bit disappointed at first because of the great beers thst Stone has, so I guess Iíll have to give this one another try and rate it again!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
railcat1 (702) - Kissimmee, Florida, USA - JUN 4, 2006
great ipa with hop delight i keep running into more stone beers and every one has been great.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
casper78 (21) - bakersfield, California, USA - JUN 4, 2006
Bottle 1 pnt 6 oz POurs a deep amber color with light head. ThisIPA is what itís all about. Stone has done it again.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
MrEcted1 (144) - Wheat Ridge, Colorado, USA - JUN 3, 2006
WOW! This is one complex mutha of an IPA. Definitely not your typical IPA and not just because itís extremely forward with hops, much more so then most IPAs. Everything about this beer is amazing. Nice aroma with piney scents along with a dark carmel scent pulling through as well. Sounds typical but itís just different with this one. Hops are MASSIVE. Everytime I drink this one my first sip is like "OMG this bastard is HOPPY!" but as the hop resins coat your tongue (and they do quickly) you will definitely find some hidden complexities and it balances out very well. Definitely in the top 4 IPAs for me.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
ghawener (1553) - San Salvador, EL SALVADOR - JUN 3, 2006
Bottle: Bright orange-yellow, nice lacing. Aroma is floral, very hoppy. Also strongly present in the intense taste, a true IPA.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
eaglefan538 (3012) - Wilmington, Delaware, USA - JUN 3, 2006
UPDATED: SEP 29, 2007 Original rating, 7/05: Nice amber orange color that came with a small but respectable initial head. The latter dissipated far before the drink was gone and the lacing was minimal to none. The aroma was hoppy (pine, minimal floral) with a touch of fruit (citrus). Flavor was much of the same with a fairly sweet base. The hop "bite" definitely gets you initially with a mild burn sensation. However, that disappeared quickly into a pleasantly hopped beverage to go along with the old bay-spiced crabs I had with it. Not a bad combination, although this DIPA was hard to distinguish from the rest of the bunch out there (good, but it didnít really stand out). Re-rate, Nov. 06: Pretty smooth, not overly bitter, nice hops presence for a dIPA, where the malts can outrun the hops. This one had a significant floral hop presence this time through over top of crystal malt and citrus hopping. A nicely balanced dIPA, but nothing to write home about. Re-rate, Sept. 07 on draft: Amber-yellow in color, very nice initial head, quite good lacing. The aroma was most certainly hoppy, lots of citrus and grapefruits in there, followed by a touch of resinous pine in the finish, absolutely no floral elements. The flavor followed suite, ample citrus and grapefruits over top of a malt base much like Stoneís basic IPA, crystal malts, etc.... This thing works for me quite well, and along with the standard IPA, this thing is up there among my favorites. Mouthfeel is full, yet not creamy, carbonated (with nicely slowed rising bubbles), alcohol gentle. The numbers on this thing have risen quite nicely over my experiences, this tap experience perhaps the best.