overall

RATINGS: 3718   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.03/5   EST. CALORIES: 246   ABV: 8.2%
Please note that the Ruination produced in Europe is the Ruination Double IPA 2.0

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
OldRaspy (292) - Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA - JUN 23, 2006
Poured from a bomber amber in color with a good off-white head. Aroma was strong citrus hops with just a touch of malt in the background. Flavor was a mix of hops and a bit of malt coming through. Finish on this one was bitter with a bit of alcohol warming. Kudos to Stone.

hosehead (1) - santa barbara, California, USA - JUN 21, 2006 does not count
nice clean crisp slap to the tounge. it seems that when it comes to the glorification of hops, Stone can do no wrong. deffinitely a staple for me.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
robertjm (847) - Albany, California, USA - JUN 19, 2006
Slightly cloudy. Strong golden color. Head that falls fairly quickly. Strong, perhaps one-sided hop flavor. Trying to figure out what it is..Chinooks, Liberty or Centennials??? Definately makes the classification of an IPA. Not as impressed compared to some of the other Stone brews I’ve head. Stays on the pallate for a bit. Nice aroma!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
jonboy32818 (30) - orlando, Florida, USA - JUN 17, 2006
Now this is what I’m talking about. Courtesy of my little bro back from living in San Fran. The epitome of an IIPA, this beer manages to balance the slim malt profile while concentrating on hops. The beer poured a bright copper color with a one finger head. Aroma was citrus and bitter, bitter hops. I was looking for more pine but did not get it. The taste was what I was hoping for, clean flavor upfront with a little malt, but then all hops. No trace of alcohol, but the bitterness sits on your tongue for a while after each sip. I loved every minute of it, next week I will try the Stone IPA looking for more of the same.cheers JON

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
jcwattsrugger (12136) - Florida and, New Jersey, USA - JUN 16, 2006
pours a foamy, retaining to rocky offwhite head with gold color. Aroma is sweet tangerine & grapefruit, bubblegum, malt. Taste is lots of dry, biting hops with back up malt, alcohol. Taste gets mellower as I progressed, or my mouth and tastebuds got mellower.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
fbennett (293) - Portland, Oregon, USA - JUN 16, 2006
Pours a beautiful cloudy orange with a off-white head that is frothy and thick. The nose is pine, citrus, oaky, and brisk. The taste is a sharp bitter bite that starts your taste buds on crazy trip. It moves to a suttle and I mean suttle balance of malty honey vanilla sweetness but not much. This is a hop bomb and it will satisfy any hop cravings you desire. I love this DIPA, IMO it should be slightly more balanced but still fantstic.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Ty5592 (1018) - Lansdale, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 13, 2006
slightly hazy yellow in color. Strong citrus aroma with same flavor. very smooth and easy to drink dispite massive hop flavor. Not better then dreadnaught.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
unclemattie (4358) - Georgia, USA - JUN 12, 2006
This beer is perfect overall. CAUTION! Do not make this the first beer during a tasting session... IT WILL KILL YOUR PALATE. =) this is one of my fave all time IPAs. 22oz bottle citrus, very bitter, very bitter, very bitter, very bitter, very bitter,

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
xdream (16) - Madison, Alabama, USA - JUN 12, 2006
After uncapping the 22 once bottle my nostrils were assaulted by hoppy citrus aromas that made me jump back from the bottle as it was possessed. Once I had gained my compsure from the onslaught, I poured the devil’s brew into a snifter. It poured a liquid gold that shimmered in the sunlight liike a necklace my girlfrined’s grandmother had bought her for a very hoppy birthday. The aromas eminating from the glass made me shiver with terror of what it was going to do to my palate. Finally after much inner debate I dared to take a sip....and it was a hop explosion in mouth that left my tongue hungry for more. All I can say is the flavor was HOPPY HOPPY HOPPY!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
sbaz040 (38) - phoenix, Arizona, USA - JUN 11, 2006
Not as good as stone IPA.the bitterness overwelmed the fruit taste.. .........................................