RATINGS: 3667   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.04/5   EST. CALORIES: 246   ABV: 8.2%

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
doubleipa (224) - Georgia, USA - MAR 31, 2006
I was fortunate enough to be able to have whenever I wanted for a year and a half, when I worked a consulting gig in Utica, NY. Boy are these bombers addicting. Nice firm head, with excellent lacing. The smell, oh the smell!! BAM Citrus, lemon, hops resin. This is one chewy DIPA. Almost too chewy for someone that loves DIPAs. The only downside is that I couldn’t really taste anyting else I might have later, like the Arrogant Bastard. This is my second favorite DIPA. I still prefer the Hercules.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
SwedeDog (364) - Windsor, Connecticut, USA - MAR 30, 2006
Bottle. Enjoy by 04/11/06. I’ve heard scary things about this demon, so I prepped myself before opening it. I was really expecting a hops explosion. It did smell like a nice salad upon opening, but not over the top. Dry hopping, citrus, and a nice malt backbone were all in the nose. The mouthfeel was very bitter, but not as ruinuous as I had thought it would be. A lot of different hops in the mouth. Citrusy, grassy, piney ... all held together nicely by a fine underlying maltiness. Very bitter going down, but sweet at the same time. Not too complex, but good nonetheless.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Hangover (1094) - Atlanta, Alabama, USA - MAR 30, 2006
Surprisingly clear amber pour with a lasting white head. Surprising, because of the aroma, I expected little hop floaties everywhere. Aroma blasts you with citrus hops, mainly grapefruit, orange peel and a little bit of banana. Lots of aromatic hops in the taste. Very resinous in the middle, an indication of a solid malt backbone. The hops are ruinous as advertised and linger long past the finish. Finish is bitter, of course, but not overly so as far as doubles go. Good sipping beer... I put the bomber down in a bit over an hour and really enjoyed it.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
theshocker (329) - Marietta, Georgia, USA - MAR 28, 2006
Pours very light and crystal clear with a big, fluffy white head. I could smell this thing from 5 feet away. Majoy citrus and pine. Inviting. Bitter, but I think my palate will recover. It tastes so much thicker than it looks. Very full in the mouth, a touch of alcohol on the back of the throat. Everything else is hop hop hops.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
euserphriendly (167) - Holland, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 25, 2006
A little bit of an alcohol taste is about the only bad thing that can be said about this one. Great hops smell and floral hops taste. The body is a perfect balance.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
kevin62 (267) - New Jersey, USA - MAR 25, 2006
This was my first Stone beer,as it has finally became available in Jersey.The beer itself poured out a reddish-golden with a firm white head.The aromas was mucho hops and a little pine.The taste was not as hoppy but crisp and clean with a smooth finish.Not my favorite style,but a good beer none the less.

bindpmc (88) - San Diego, California, USA - MAR 25, 2006
Pours a small, thin white head atop an active light copper bubblefest. The little rising buggers help sustain a film of head on the surface. The bubbling is particularly lively for the SD school of IPAs, but I like it. Very little lacing, hardly worth mentioning. Aroma is hoppy but not super piney or grassy. The hops come through more in the flavoring, and certainly in the bittering. A noticeable tangerine note in the downtake. I like the apricot aftertaste, but it is slightly hampered somewhat by an alcoholic linger that is more pronounced than you would expect for a 7.7 beer. Alcohol -wise I am reminded of a 9 or 10 %. Overall, somewhat a surprise, as I’d thought for some time that many of the Stone brews are more hype than substance. I don’t remember enjoying the Ruination this much the last time I tried it. Time to revisit some of the other Stone brews.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
biggcb (464) - Harleysville, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 24, 2006
You must like hops to truly appreciate this brew. Good amber color. Right amount of head.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
HopDevil1979 (117) - Charlottesville, Virginia, USA - MAR 23, 2006
Maximum points for aroma - this is how all strong IPAs should smell. Intense citrus hops and alchohol snaps. Slightly hazy light amber color, smallish head. Tastes clean and crisp. All hops and few sweets. Refreshing! This evaporates right off the tounge and has a pleasing shortlived aftertaste.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 15/20
myfriendbubba (40) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - MAR 23, 2006
22oz bottle. Clear, golden and copper tint. decent amount of white head. Full, dry hop aroma. Big alcohol surypy thick malty and way to much going on for me in the hop department. I need to try again to re rate I am sure