overall

RATINGS: 3704   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.03/5   EST. CALORIES: 246   ABV: 8.2%

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
fiulijn (18390) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - MAY 10, 2006
UPDATED: OCT 4, 2008 2008-09-06, draught at Brickseller, Washington, 8-4-8-5-16=41
Golden color. It has a nice hop aroma, very perfumy, almost with a touch of vanilla. Good mouthfeel, with a strong toffee flavor, dry, with an extreme hopping.

2006-05-08, bottle, 8-4-8-5-16=41
Light amber color; nice perlage. Resiny hops aroma; some malt; light hop fruitness (oranges); dry hop flowers; light orange flowers honey. Medium malty taste and structure, and of course an extreme bitterness. Very long final, extremely bitter, resiny. Very good.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
ElBorracho (472) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAY 8, 2006
22 oz bomber. Pours a clear orange with a nice foamy white head. Caramel malts are the first thing I notice in the aroma followed by muted floral hops. I have to admit I expected much more hop profile in the aroma. What was expected in the aroma came through like the Four Horsemen of the Apocolypse in the flavor. Big pine and citrus notes abound and linger nicely before finally dissapating with a snort and faint rumble.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
JFURYCAT (1079) - East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 6, 2006
This hit New Jersey not too long ago and what a smash! The hops are plenty and elegently blended with a medium-dry palate and aroma that smacks of a floral bouquet. I could seriously live on this beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
trafford (171) - Germantown, Tennessee, USA - MAY 5, 2006
What a great IPA. The clerk at the store said it was a Rogue and I took his word until I had my first sip. This is what IPAís are all about. HOPS HOPS HOPS. Iím glad I found a place that carries it, but I will never listen to the staff. If you like the Dogfish Head IPA you NEED to give this one a try.

Wagon87 (1) - Woburn, Massachusetts, USA - MAY 4, 2006 does not count
Wow... GREAT taste, amazingly addictive bitterness, hefty level of alcohol and too much flavor for the average drinker... so I can rest assure that my six pack is just the way I left it, so I can enjoy that unbeatable, unmistakable, irresistible bitterness bliss.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
hophead75 (2012) - Largo, Florida, USA - MAY 2, 2006
22 oz. Pours golden with a medium long lasting head and medium carbonation. Aroma: pungent/earthy/citrus/pine hops, Taste is the same, very bitter, citrus, pine, earthy, with a decent malt backbone. my palate is completely ruined. mission accomplished.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Bartzilla (600) - La Mesa, California, USA - MAY 1, 2006
What I like most about this beer is how rocked I can get from it. Then thereís the insane level of hops with little regard for the taste buds of lesser people. I drink this a lot and you should too. Iíve made something along these lines before. It was pretty good. We drank all 5 gallons in 2 afternoons.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Boutip (5737) - Gatineau, Quebec, CANADA - MAY 1, 2006
Bottle (Courtesy of Hogtownharry): Poured a bright copper color beer with a nice foamy bright white head with great lacing and retention. Beautiful floral aroma with solid sweet malt as a backbone. Taste is also dominated by the floral texture of the hops with a great nice bitter finish. Great balance between bitter and floral malt and great presence of malt. Body is above average and alcohol is well hidden. I was really impress since I am not the greatest fan of IIPA.

drainey (234) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - APR 28, 2006
22 oz bottle. Golden copper body with a small white head. I could smell the hop aroma halfway across the room, although I did find some sweetness in the aroma as well. Flavor is bold but well balanced initially between the heavy hop bite and the malty sweetness. The finish is huge bitter hops. Very good beer.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
bigbish (683) - California, USA - APR 27, 2006
Holy crap! This stuff is great. Floral and citrus notes, and MAN those hops! Their IPA is good but this is better.