overall

RATINGS: 3720   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.03/5   EST. CALORIES: 246   ABV: 8.2%
Please note that the Ruination produced in Europe is the Ruination Double IPA 2.0

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Naven (1000) - Poway, California, USA - MAY 18, 2006
I understand that this is a extremely popular beer, but it just doesnít work for me. I appreciate that Stone has always pushed the envelope, but I have always thought that Ruination is over the top. It is just too bitter for me. Donít get me wrong, I love all things hoppy, but this stuff is just too much.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
jhwarfield (125) - USA - MAY 15, 2006
Bottle. Pours hazy golden with medim white head. Nice carbonation. Strong hops flavor, just on the verge of overdone, but not quite.

mjurney (64) - Amarillo, Texas, USA - MAY 13, 2006
Pours out amber color with a head. Nice fruity aroma. Flavor is awesome!! Nice cirus hoppy flavor with a hint of pine. Awesome IPA!!!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
burpfrank (299) - carpinteria, California, USA - MAY 13, 2006
UPDATED: MAR 11, 2007 This had a small head.Aroma was a nice fruity .color medium brown.The taste was a nice fruity,full-bodied taste.It finished a bit sour.Overall this was a different kind of tasting beer.I would drink again,but I think I favor the 9th anniversary to this variety.#-07-Much better than I originally rated it.This has a sweet,fruity aroma.It tastes of sweet i tasted oranges right from the start.Finishes bitter.I think this is my new favorite IPA!!Has a medium body that seems lighter.Had was average.Color a murky amber.Really like this much better than the last time i tried it.No wonder itís rated so high!!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
turnerm5 (12) - Bellingham, Washington, USA - MAY 10, 2006
Great IPA, though from the comments here, I expected a bit more bitterness. Lovely amber pour with a medium head that lasted. Hops definitely come through above everything else, though nothing too intense. Highly recommended.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
slcbrewer (44) - USA - MAY 10, 2006
Pretty much a perfect Imperial IPA. Tremendous hop nose with grapefruit and pine. Nice white head and smooth palate. Flavor was obviously dominated by the hops, but not to make it undrinkable.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
fiulijn (18780) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - MAY 10, 2006
UPDATED: OCT 4, 2008 2008-09-06, draught at Brickseller, Washington, 8-4-8-5-16=41
Golden color. It has a nice hop aroma, very perfumy, almost with a touch of vanilla. Good mouthfeel, with a strong toffee flavor, dry, with an extreme hopping.

2006-05-08, bottle, 8-4-8-5-16=41
Light amber color; nice perlage. Resiny hops aroma; some malt; light hop fruitness (oranges); dry hop flowers; light orange flowers honey. Medium malty taste and structure, and of course an extreme bitterness. Very long final, extremely bitter, resiny. Very good.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
ElBorracho (472) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAY 8, 2006
22 oz bomber. Pours a clear orange with a nice foamy white head. Caramel malts are the first thing I notice in the aroma followed by muted floral hops. I have to admit I expected much more hop profile in the aroma. What was expected in the aroma came through like the Four Horsemen of the Apocolypse in the flavor. Big pine and citrus notes abound and linger nicely before finally dissapating with a snort and faint rumble.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
JFURYCAT (1079) - East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 6, 2006
This hit New Jersey not too long ago and what a smash! The hops are plenty and elegently blended with a medium-dry palate and aroma that smacks of a floral bouquet. I could seriously live on this beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
trafford (171) - Germantown, Tennessee, USA - MAY 5, 2006
What a great IPA. The clerk at the store said it was a Rogue and I took his word until I had my first sip. This is what IPAís are all about. HOPS HOPS HOPS. Iím glad I found a place that carries it, but I will never listen to the staff. If you like the Dogfish Head IPA you NEED to give this one a try.