overall

RATINGS: 3422   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.04   EST. CALORIES: 246   ABV: 8.2%

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
brewshthereen (316) - Oregon, USA - NOV 8, 2004
I was suprised at the light golden color of this brew. I expected to see a darker beer before me. Oh well...Sharp, pine hoppiness for aroma. Some herbal notes as well. Aggressive bitter hops, grapefruit, and bubble gum for flavors. Good IPA, but not alot of depth.

brentfeesh (1207) - Gadsden, Alabama, USA - NOV 8, 2004
What can I say. I love this beer. There isn’t one thing I dislike about it and I can’t say enough good things about it. I would drink it on a plane I would drink it in the rain I would drink it with a goat and I would drink it on a boat.....

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Crockett (1005) - Southampton,Ontario, Ontario, CANADA - NOV 6, 2004
Pours clear deep gold amber with a firm off white head. Distinctly stronger medicine herbal, citric hop nose than the IPA. Balanced from the start. Richer and maltier. Herb and toffee aromas swirl into the gigantic citric core. Softly carbonated. Spicey burnt hop flavours. Rich, dry finish. A big beer but not over the top. Nicely done.

Sregnar35 (952) - Rotterdam, New York, USA - NOV 3, 2004
UPDATED: OCT 25, 2005 This is such an amazing beer. So much hop aggressiveness, but it has a sweet, light malt backbone that’s strong enough to support 100+ ibu’s and then some. Yet somehow, still comes across as an IPA and not just another strong ale, amazing stuff!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
chinreallyfat (21) - Chula Vista, California, USA - OCT 31, 2004
Hops to the max. While this is an excellent strong IPA to drink on occasion, I much prefer the Stone India Pale Ale for daily overconsumption..........

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
jonas (5592) - Garching b. München, GERMANY - OCT 30, 2004
Pine and grass aroma. Amber, big bubbles, low lacing head. Hop bitterness is the theme here (surprise!). Dry grassy, pineresin and slightly citric notes. I do not feel that the body is quite living up to the hops, a bit more stability here might be good - a bit more body, and the bottle I had was a tad fizzly as well. Wonderfull long pine bitterhop aftertaste.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
lemonlovr (190) - Orland Park, Illinois, USA - OCT 29, 2004
Aroma smacks of pine cone at first with subtle pear/apricot thrown in for good measure. Appearance is average overall with a coppery amber hue and an average sized, quickly dissapating head. The flavor is fruity sweet up front, dead in the middle, and almost grating on the finish - this is where all the hops are. I thought the body was a bit light for me and this brew is quite dry. The carbonation is lively but not overly fizzy. A good Imperial IPA although not my favorite.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Jeppe (2631) - Ølbutikken, DENMARK - OCT 29, 2004
Orange colored with a fine off-white head. Lots of hops in the aroma with a nice rather sweet fruity tone also. Full and heavy. Flavor starts sweet fruity but then an extreme hoppyness kicks in and it ends in a dry and bitter finish. Very flavorfull and very fine balanced between the sweetness and bitterness. An outstanding IPA!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
phiconners (144) - Massachusetts, USA - OCT 26, 2004
Pours light orange/yellow, aroma is pure hops. Taste is powerful, something for which you have to be in the mood. But it is very drinkable for an Imperial. Truly a great taste and a great beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Reid (1851) - Salem,Oregon, Oregon, USA - OCT 24, 2004
Cannot believe I have not reviewed this before now. Bought at my local oraganic grocer. Now poured into my pint glass from the 22 oz bomber this is not a really excellent looking IPA.for a start its very clear , orange , almost like Irn Bru pop from my home country, but it has a massive frothy/creamy pure white head. Smell wow..its a veritable pine forest on the nostrils..just hop on top of hop all the way, but it is invigorating. .Taste? guess..yes hop city totally, just bitterness..with some honeyish tones..the malts are in hiding in this one..grapefruit for breakfast mom! Its actually quite nice on the palate..not too dry surprisingly. I found this quite drinkable, but to be honest maybe one bomber is enough.