overall

RATINGS: 3509   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.04   EST. CALORIES: 246   ABV: 8.2%

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
walleye (1067) - Sterling Heights, Michigan, USA - NOV 29, 2004
at kuhnhenns thanks clark v v for bringing this to sharewith flemdawg and me. my 1st stone rating. poured deep golden with a white head. aroma,hops citrus, alcohol, malts, honey, pine. flavor,some malts, hops, vanilla, alcohol,hints of pine, grapefruit with sugar on it,. nice balanced beer wish I could get it in the detroit area.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
BlondeBush (5) - Texas, USA - NOV 25, 2004 does not count
Not as good as Bear Republic Red Rocket; the hops massacre here got a little out of hand.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
jde123 (765) - Washington, Washington DC, USA - NOV 20, 2004
Very good. Perhaps great, but not fantastic. Appearance is a little upsetting, as is the lack of aroma, however, it does taste like an imperial ipa. Nice flavor.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
shotgun1431 (127) - franklin furnace, Ohio, USA - NOV 19, 2004
Looks like a glass of honey. Not a lot of aroma. Flavor is fruity and very hoppy. Maybe a little too hoppy for my taste. A decent beer that I think is better alone than with most food.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
mjg74 (2492) - La Mesa, California, USA - NOV 18, 2004
Pours an interesting golden/red color. Very aromatic. Sweet and fruity. Very hoppy/piney aroma. Very good. Lots of hop flavor, but done very smoothly so that you can actually taste all of the different things going on in the beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
BuckNaked (1230) - Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA - NOV 15, 2004
Bottle: Golden orange with a medium off white head, that quickly diminishes. Tons of hops in the aroma, grapefruit, pine, resin, flowers, herbs, tea, orange, lemon. Taste has tons of hops. Biting pine, resins, lemon rind, bitter tea, tart orange. By no means could you call this beer balanced, though there is a nice toffee, caramel, sweet malt hiding in the back somewhere....just enough to really allow you to keep wanting more. Classic Imperial IPA.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Crosling (1863) - Loveland, Colorado, USA - NOV 10, 2004
UPDATED: FEB 15, 2005 Draught. Golden. Strong, fresh, floral hop aroma. Hints of grapefruit, resin and pine in the nose. A wonderful DIPA in flavor. Cutting, masterful hops with the determination of sperm cells attack my mouth and spin my brain with its long, think, coating bitterness. Really well balanced with a nice malt backbone as well. Iíve been off Double IPAís lately but this one is very good.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
brewshthereen (316) - Oregon, USA - NOV 8, 2004
I was suprised at the light golden color of this brew. I expected to see a darker beer before me. Oh well...Sharp, pine hoppiness for aroma. Some herbal notes as well. Aggressive bitter hops, grapefruit, and bubble gum for flavors. Good IPA, but not alot of depth.

brentfeesh (1207) - Mansfield, Ohio, USA - NOV 8, 2004
What can I say. I love this beer. There isnít one thing I dislike about it and I canít say enough good things about it. I would drink it on a plane I would drink it in the rain I would drink it with a goat and I would drink it on a boat.....

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Crockett (1012) - Southampton,Ontario, Ontario, CANADA - NOV 6, 2004
Pours clear deep gold amber with a firm off white head. Distinctly stronger medicine herbal, citric hop nose than the IPA. Balanced from the start. Richer and maltier. Herb and toffee aromas swirl into the gigantic citric core. Softly carbonated. Spicey burnt hop flavours. Rich, dry finish. A big beer but not over the top. Nicely done.