overall

RATINGS: 3415   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.04   EST. CALORIES: 246   ABV: 8.2%

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 17/20
Hab40oz (242) - Grants Pass, Oregon, USA - JUN 20, 2004
A very wonderfully hoppy IPA. Very clear and classy looking in appearance. The hops are well balanced by malts making for a smooth full flavored ale. The brew is right up there with Hopocity by Full Sail but has a more bitter bite and less sweet hop aroma. Very very good though

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Falconseye8 (542) - Evans, Colorado, USA - JUN 19, 2004
Ruination is better to combine with Dogfish 90 than puting it up against a regular IPA. Ruination is every bit as good as Dogfish 90!!! Great hops, I donít know about Paganism but Ruination is a terrific beer. I think this round is going to wind up in a tie. If I could stocks lots of both and never have to run out Iíd die a happy man after a fulfilling life of quality beer consumption. Its an awesome beer. Potent, Hoppy, Iím sure the Stone Gargoyles who protect this elixir are very proud of their duty to man.

DomiNate (123) - Boise, Idaho, USA - JUN 16, 2004
Deap honey golden brown pour. Thin white layer of head that dissapates very quickly. Smell is of hops. Fruitiness is grapefruit. Not too carbonated. Taste is very hopy. Very bitter. Very refreshing. Very delicious IPA. Makes me wanting more, more, more.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
turbo (1271) - Arizona, USA - JUN 11, 2004
UPDATED: APR 27, 2005 WOW!! I guess I know for sure what a hoppy beer tastes and smell like now! nice amber color with thick foamy head! that lasts!! $4.99 for a bomber here in Arizona, and I cant wait to get some more,, nice bite with lingering taste A+++

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
brownaler (378) - Topsail Beach, North Carolina, USA - JUN 9, 2004
A total piney hopfest in my mouth with this beer. It could be a bit sweeter to make it more balanced, but it does well by itself.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
UNCCTF (477) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - JUN 9, 2004
Bottled. Poured a slightly hazy orange color with an off-white head. The aroma is 101% hops. This beer is is easily the most bitter thing I have ever put in my mouth. I prefer the Stone IPA for its balance, but the hophead in me loves this brew.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
presario (4580) - Stampede City, Alberta, CANADA - JUN 9, 2004
Clear dark gold with a decent white head. Soap-like bubbles. Strong grapefruit hop aroma, not as strong as expected. Initial taste is hops. Middle hops. Finish long hops. Surprising pockets of sweetness in some sips. No mouth dryness or hop oil in taste or texture. Excellent for meeting its promise. Not your everyday beer.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
slimweebs (163) - Los Angeles, California, USA - JUN 4, 2004
UPDATED: SEP 20, 2004 A very strong aroma, fruity and inviting. Not as hoppy as I thought it would be, considering the label, but had a nice strong flavor, with a mix of hops and sweet malt. This is a complex beer, and is definitely a beer that should be savored for a decent amount of time to fully enjoy all of the flavor.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
aceboxer (15) - Cary, North Carolina, USA - JUN 3, 2004
almost surreal imbodiment of what makes an IPA an IPA. the aromas are almost as satisfying of the beer from pour to finish

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
willblake (2645) - Bel Air, Maryland, USA - JUN 3, 2004
22oz bomber. 05.23.04 Bright, orangey gold, clear but with sea-monkey-like floaties. Aromas of cotton candy and tropical fruits and IPA. Hops up front - smooth and sweet middle maltiness. Massive hops finish. I feel taste buds dying. Hops are affecting my sinuses!? Of all the Stone beers I tried on my Bay Area swing, I thought this was the best and the most appropriate; Iíd surely like to enjoy it again.