overall

RATINGS: 3355   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.04   EST. CALORIES: 246   ABV: 8.2%

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
kwoeltje (2211) - Manchester, Missouri, USA - DEC 28, 2003
(bottle) Lovely medium gold-light amber color. Hops aroma (duh). As expected, very hoppy, but after the first couple of sips, it seemed fairly balanced (maybe my tastebuds are now ruined).

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
cherr (162) - Rochester, New York, USA - DEC 28, 2003
The beer has a nice hops aroma. The color is a bit muddied. The taste is full with initial carmel malt then strong hops aftertaste. Excellent, excellent beer.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
auto (163) - California, USA - DEC 23, 2003
grrrrrrrrrreat brewski!! the flavour is awesome. possibly my favourite beer at the moment.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
EdPaulsen (117) - Kansas City, Missouri, USA - DEC 23, 2003
very very hoppy. though, perhaps not as much as the bottle/reputation promises relative to many other hoppy brands. though, the orangey nature of the hops is very present, and enjoyable, especially good at cutting through if drank with food.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
snoot (286) - Anaheim, California, USA - DEC 20, 2003
Pours an orange-yellow with a decent size white head. Aroma is hops, all hops, and nothing but hops. The flavor pretty much follows the aroma, there is some malt in there, but not much. If you're not a hophead, look elsewhere.

1.2
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 1/20
Appletart (10) - San Diego, California, USA - DEC 15, 2003
(Cask) Ummm...this beer smells like the inside of my dresser, which, by the way, belonged to my great-grandmother. I was definately hesitant. Oh my dear lord(!), it tastes like I just licked a tree. Like just whipping out your tongue and going to town on a gnared out, sappy fuckin' tree. Gnar. I can't tell you the texture, I was too busy grossing out & wiping my tongue off with a paper towel. A very decieving, warm & inviting color. I feel ill, thanx.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
pjk33 (389) - Sligo - Curllsville Heights, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 15, 2003
This is as close to a perfect beer as I think that I will ever find! Beautiful copper color, thin head, strong hoppy aroma and unbelievable hops taste! Nice and bitter... made my tongue furry after just 2 beers, but I was still able to taste the malts and biting, zesty hops. The finish hangs on perfectly and I couldn't wait to fire the mug back up to my lips and start all over again. This is also a sneaky beer in that 7.7% alcohol content. I have loved Sierra Nevada's pale ale since my first taste, but this is another level of hops and flavor. Ruination is the king of IPA's. Thank you Stone Brewing Co. for this wonderful brew!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
whaleman (2178) - North Wales, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 14, 2003
UPDATED: JUL 18, 2004 Bright orange color, flaky floaters, and a loose head with mediocre retention. Nice lacing. Aroma is of oranges, fruit peels, leather and cheese. And hops of course. Great smell. Flavor is hoppy with a touch of sourness and a nice malty skeleton. Even though the IBUs are clearly maxxed out on this one, I'm impressed by the malt character that still comes through. Nice all around quality in this brew.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Steib (613) - Queen Creek, Arizona, USA - DEC 13, 2003
WOW, that hop aroma will clean out the sinuses, a big hop bomb. Clean grapfruit flavor, definitly full bodied. A nice bitter bite on the palate. The finish really resontes in the mouth. A very nice beer. This is one IPA I will not forget.

CapFlu (4370) - Victoria, British Columbia, CANADA - DEC 11, 2003
(650ml bottle) Huge, white foamy head and an orange-amber body. Nose of cascade, pine. Great IPA. Strong hops. Lasting flavours. Excellent. Thanks Kimchee!