overall

RATINGS: 3635   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.04   EST. CALORIES: 246   ABV: 8.2%

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
tomhenderson (166) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - APR 5, 2005
22 oz bottle. This is a great beer! However, Iím surprised it has 100+ IBUs. Itís pleasantly bitter, but it didnít strike me that high. The hops werenít overpowering in aroma or flavor -- which an Imperial IPA should have. The malt comes through nicely, especially in the nose (even more so than hops in aroma). Nevertheless, this is a very, very nice beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
qdog (201) - Cleveland, Mississippi, USA - APR 4, 2005
Bottle, copper in color, nice off-white head, strong scent of hops and citrus, taste is strong with hops and alcohol but balanced. nice taste at end of grapefruit with mild bitterness. a fairly good brew.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
SayNoToCoors (65) - Wheat Ridge, Colorado, USA - APR 1, 2005
A worthy brew, but I usually pass it by and pick up something else. This IPA pours a brilliant looking deep copper with a nice and thick head. My favorite aspect of this brew is the insane hop bite it provides. Itís a big hop bite! but it just seems... well, I donít know it has that burley flavor that most stone brews have, which to me throws it slightly off balance. Once you settle into this brew it eases up though. Overall I like it very much, but I usually opt for somethiní else.

LtJudge (468) - Muskego, Wisconsin, USA - MAR 28, 2005
Wow..A fantastic Brew.A clear orange/red color.Great crip Hop burst with each sip!Its not huge on malt flavor,but just plain hops,wich is one of the reason this brew impressed me!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
csbosox (1229) - Prairie Village, Kansas, USA - MAR 28, 2005
UPDATED: NOV 2, 2007 Tasted as part of my 9 beer IIPA tasting. 52į. Orangish red color with a 3/4" white head. Piney, citrusy aroma. Tears and foam "dots" as the head receeds. Taste is a hop monster. PIney, floral hops taste. Bitter, but not overly so. ADDITIONAL NOTES Very bitter. Initially it really seems like it is over the top. Either the beer warms or my palate gets used to the bitterness and the complexity of the beer shines through, lots of piney and citrus hops flavor in both the aroma and taste, but there is also a bit of honeyish gentle sweetness and a huge body. Lots and lots of carbonation. After a while, this drinks very nicely.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
SmellGood (339) - Memphis, Tennessee, USA - MAR 22, 2005
This IPA is causing me to stray from my loyalties to stout beer. Can Stone Brewery do anything badly? If they can, donít burst my bubble.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
FoolishMortal (990) - San Diego, California, USA - MAR 22, 2005
UPDATED: AUG 30, 2006 Clear red-gold color, pale white head slightly lingering. Rich hop aromatics with tinge of alchohol warmth. Solid body with resinous bitter flavor from nose to finish. Sustained bitter mouthcoat. Malt and alchohol flavors become more evident as it warms, as well as a spicier character to the aromatics.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Jonathan3584 (323) - Washington, Washington DC, USA - MAR 22, 2005
UPDATED: JUL 9, 2005 Solid double IPA. Great hop profile with a palate-destroying bitterness. Iím not sure it stands up to the title/reputation it has as the most incredible hop-monster in existence. I know itís what the good people of Stone are going for, but itís way out of balance -- on a second drinking, I couldnít finish a glass. Good but not drinkable.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
xenthem0nk (101) - Oregon, USA - MAR 22, 2005
Pours auburn, with a very sweet grapefruity nose. Alot of carbonation at first. Taste is really hoppy, and considering the 7.7% alchohol, it was well hidden. Palate is refreshing. I am not a fan of IPAís but I honestly have to say this one was very well done.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
erod61 (31) - Bangor WI, Wisconsin, USA - MAR 21, 2005
2004 bomber courtesy of Eyedrinkale. Thanks Mike! Awesome super hop citrusy aroma. Pours a cloudy copper color witha beige head with quite a bit of staying power. A super bitter hop blast that I love! This could make me a new fan of IPAís Love this beer! E.